Mama Melrose

spfldfan

Earning My Ears
We ate at Mama Melrose on May 21 for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. It had to be the worst food and service I have ever had. It was sloooow service. The food was not good. We were on the dining plan so we had the three courses. We ended up skipping desert because of the slow service and the appetizer and entrees not being tasty.

Fantasmic was terrific. If you have the chance to see it at MGM, go for it.

The first time for me, it was good. The second time it stunk.. Service was slow too. The kicker was we were there two years ago. They had a speacial desert we could age to our Fantasmic pkg. I forgot what it cost extra($3.00 I think) it was basically espresso ice cream. Not done up special or anything and the flavor was lacking. I wouldn't go back. The first time we had the pizza and some plain items on the menu it was good. The second was not the charm. I do have to say I like the Fantasmic Pkg though. It's nice to go in the side entrance and not have to wait with the larger crowd for a longer period of time. :surfweb:

We ate there 5/10 and were quite pleasantly surprised. Excellent food & service. :thumbsup2

The food was good but nothing to write home about. Now that you mention it, the whole service cycle was kinda long. It took long time to get anything. Not so long that you were upset, but long enough that you noticed each time it happened. Ask for a refill...........wait. Gap between appetizers and entrees..........wait. Gap between bussing plates and offering dessert..........wait. Waiting for dessert.............wait.........waiting for Capuchino's....wait. You get the idea. None of the waits were horrible but...

In that respect it was very much like an restaurant in Rome LOL. Except the food wasn't worth the waits like in Rome.

I totally agree...this was not a great choice for us. The server never brought us out bread and we asked twice, the food was very bland and served lukewarm and I ordered the eggplant napoleon and the bean ragu was blech! The beans were still hard!

DBF and I had lunch at MM on our recent trip. The food was ok, nothing special. We did have good service. The funny part was that DBF had never had gelato so I convinced him to order it for dessert, assuming (apparently foolishly) that it would actually be gelato. It was chocolate ice cream - no mistaking it!

DBF and I had lunch at MM on our recent trip. The food was ok, nothing special. We did have good service. The funny part was that DBF had never had gelato so I convinced him to order it for dessert, assuming (apparently foolishly) that it would actually be gelato. It was chocolate ice cream - no mistaking it!

I second that. While it might not be choc. ice cream, it most definitely is NOT Gelato!

We ate at Mama Melrose on May 21 for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. It had to be the worst food and service I have ever had. It was sloooow service. The food was not good. We were on the dining plan so we had the three courses. We ended up skipping desert because of the slow service and the appetizer and entrees not being tasty.

This is exactly what we experienced to when we were there last Sept. We also skipped desert since the service was so slow. The food was gross, by far the worst dining experience we had in our 11 day trip. We definatly won't be eating there again.

I didn't like MM either. The chicken parm was ok, but the bread tasted like the bottom of a shoe (or what I would imagine the bottom of a shoe to taste like)

Bummer, the menu looks good to me. I hate anything Parmesan, but the actual cheese, but the osso buco looks good. Thank you for the review.

We ate there 5/10 and were quite pleasantly surprised. Excellent food & service. :thumbsup2

We have MM booked with the F! seating. DH, who is a food snob, thinks the menu looks decent. I hope it doesn't disappoint. :goodvibes

We booked MM Fantasmic Package also. We booked for 9/26 - and no, we do not have the free dining plan. We are staying at the Poly and they have no more free dining plans availabe at that resort during our stay.

In 2005, we booked Hollywood and Vine for the Fantasmic Package, and I thought it was just okay.

Hoping we WILL like MM, we have never been there.

Pat

I'm hoping we'll be there on a good night in December. We have never done the Fantasmic Package ( Fantasmic is our nighttime show) and are looking forward to this.

Maybe it's because we don't dine out alot and when we do it like a family restaurant ( Olive Garden, Applebee's ) but we have never had a bad dining experience at WDW whether it be cs or ts. There have been numerous bad reviews of Sci- Fi but it's one of our favorites.

Here's to hoping for the same at MM!

We ate there in late May also for the Fantasmic package, and we really enjoyed the food, but the service was extremely slow.

I enjoyed MMs earlier this month. Good food & service. Only prob was my 2y olds tantrum that caused us to skip dessert:sad2:

Thanks for the review! We have never ate here because I haven't heard many good reviews.

we dined there on 6/13 and the service was BEYOND slow..we never got bread or were offered any and the food was So-SO at best. i can't even remember what we had for dessert, and i usually love dessert and can remember that. Also our waiter knew we were in the Fantasmic plan and still moved like molasses with teh check even though it was getting very close to when we had to get to the stadium...i don't think we will be going back there, even for the FDP.

We ate there because I had read nothing but great reviews. We were given a booth (five adults - 3 over 6') and quite frankly we did not fit in the booth. We asked for a table (our reservations had been made 6 mo. in advance) and the waiter said there were no more tables. We asked if we could put a chair at the end of the booth - we were told no because it was against the fire code. We really should have left at that point, but we were still caught up in the Disney spirit and made the best of it. The service was not great and neither was the food. I hated that we spent $100 on a meal that was uncomfortable. We have lots of favorite restaurants so we probably will not return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!