Mama Melrose Review

pigletforever

DIS Veteran
This review is from DS17. He and a friend ate there tongiht and could not believe how HORRIBLE it was. they said the entire meal- calamari, Chicken Parmasagn was totally inedible. I am not sure what Sam had but she said it was just the worst meal they had while we have been here. His advice to Disers - avoid the place. He wishes they had gone with us to Fultons. THey said they could not find one good thing to say about the place. He loved Kona and Le Cellier.

Sorry to hear DS didn't enjoy his meal. There have been so many bad reports of MM lately. I'm still planning to keep my lunch ADR, though. Fingers crossed for an edible lunch! :rolleyes1

I can totally relate.

Unfortunately I have to say we used to love MM but the last time we went it was also a bad experience for us. We were disappointed and haven't gone back since. If I remember correctly this was last December. It left such a bad impression we haven't returned to see if it's gotten any better (and from so many so-so reviews I think we'll continue to stay away).

I just ordered the flatbread which I've gotten before and it was pretty much just that, flatbread, the toppings were microscopic. The mozz and tom salad that I usually like was also skimpy and the quality was not good. DD didn't care for her pizza either. The CM who waited on us was nice but had just finished with a tough table of guests and kept talking about how difficult they were and his service was nothing to write home about.

It's rather disappointing as PALIO, our favorite Italian restaurant in WDW has closed (I know it will reopen as another Italian establishment, but I will miss it)...and with MM's gone downhill and Alfredo's we don't care for, Italian is pretty much out at WDW. :rolleyes:

We ate at MM last night. Pretty much everything but the gelato dessert was left behind. First off I mad the mistake of doing fantasmic and got the limited menu which DH was not thrilled with. Since you don't get app choices we got the bread which was not fantastic but edible, the salad which had dressing overkill with wilted lettuce. We got the four cheese flatbread that has a sauce on it that I never did look to see what it was but it was brown. DH got veal on risotto. The server described it to DH as rice and he thought it was going to be a regular rice. He does not like the texture of risotto. So that all stayed. I got the steak cooked Med-rare. The inside was done right but the outside had a burnt taste. We think they burnt the sauce. Live and learn. We had a great time at Fantasmic and got seated right at 6:30 and everyone loved it.

qst4it said:
We ate at MM last night. Pretty much everything but the gelato dessert was left behind. First off I mad the mistake of doing fantasmic and got the limited menu which DH was not thrilled with. Since you don't get app choices we got the bread which was not fantastic but edible, the salad which had dressing overkill with wilted lettuce. We got the four cheese flatbread that has a sauce on it that I never did look to see what it was but it was brown. DH got veal on risotto. The server described it to DH as rice and he thought it was going to be a regular rice. He does not like the texture of risotto. So that all stayed. I got the steak cooked Med-rare. The inside was done right but the outside had a burnt taste. We think they burnt the sauce. Live and learn. We had a great time at Fantasmic and got seated right at 6:30 and everyone loved it.
Sorry to hear you had a virtually identical experience as we did...so sad.

Wow--sorry to hear it didn't work out for your DS. MM is one of our family favorites and DS LOVES the chicken parmagania--so much so that he's asked for it at lunch (even tho not on the menu) and they're happy to accomodate :thumbsup2 Can't wait to go back in June and enjoy the grilled pizza :wave2:

We ate there (family of 8) in September and sampled a variety of the options on the menu. We also had the Fantasmic package. We really enjoyed our food. I actually had the salmon, which I was nervous about ordering at an Italian restaurant, but it was done perfectly. The rest of my family also enjoyed their food. My only complaint was that our waitress didn't seem all that knowledgeable.

Sorry to hear about the disapointing experiences at MM. My sister is trying to convince me to eat there during our February trip. I don't think this is helping her side!

Mama Melrose was the absolute WORST meal we have ever had at WDW. I actually have me video taping Fantasmic and I am still griping about our meal and service. Of course, I forgot the camera was rolling, but it was THAT awful. I couldn't shut up about it. NEVER again will I go there :sad2:

Just booked MM for our March trip and they asked if I wanted the Fantasmic package. I hadn't heard about it before and booked it. Now I have lots of questions.

Is the Fantasmic package worth it, what does it or doesn't it give you?

If we were to change to a different MGM restaurant, where would you suggest. Sci-Fi in August was one of the worse meals I had.

Very worried NARM

Sorry to hear all the bad about MM. We haven't eaten there and everytime I think about it, I remember the bad reviews I've read so often on these boards. Maybe when the new Italian restaurant opens after Alfredo's closes (wanted to try there-too late now) it'll be good. Here's hoping!

BTW, thanks for the review.

I am still keeping my ADR in May, I will be sure to post a response to this and let you know about the chicken parm. I always order it. I have always been happy with Mama Mel Rose, even with the Neg reviews that I have read.

We did not like it either. After many tries we finally scored a dinner reservation this past Dec. DH had the calamari but it was overly breaded and not that great. He also had the chicken parm and said it was kind of blah, he liked Olive Garden better.

I had the toasted bread salad, what a joke it has 2 small croutons. The salad was fresh but had way to much dressing. I also had the eggplant napoleon and it was served cold, the bean ragu was had hard beans an the over flavor was very bland.

We did not get any bread and we asked for it twice, we were not offered dessert so we paid and left.

Thank you for the reviews. We were considering MM this Sept., but I think I'll stick with Prime Time or Cape May on our MGM day. :)

Hewwwww,
I,m glad that we canceled Mama Melrose. We didn't feel comfortable with it, so we canceled ans booked Wolfgang puck's cafe. Hope it' s good My DD loves her sushi:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter