Mama Jean's Lawn Displays 2008 Update Page 11 Post 165 - Stick a fork in it. lol

I rode by today, yes there is a display. I will attempt to snap some photos tomorrow. I had my first visit with my new doctor today, so I didn't manage to make it over there before dark.

I so totally suck! I got so involved in a personal errand this evening that I didn't get a chance to go by to take pictures. I will tell you guys that there were some new additions to the yard this morning. Until now, there had been nothing out that one wouldn't expect to find in a lot of yards...in other words a more basic design. That changed this morning! :teeth:

Let's just say that the Mama Jean touch has been applied to the decorations. :goodvibes

Please don't hate me. I got over to Mama Jean's with the sun on it's way down and the battery in the camera died. I have purchased another battery, but the sun is down and even though the display is spotlighted, I want you guys to get the full effect. I promise, photos are coming tomorrow!

Happy Easter everyone! I finally got the photos done and there are lots of them! I will start you off with the usual stuff….the stuff that is more basic, but is what was the only stuff out until I drove by Friday morning. There was a new item out today, it was fitting and is at the center of the yard. It is a very traditional icon.

For now, I will start you off at the mailbox, which has been decorated with eggs and a few bunnies.
1551521-bun.jpg

1551522-bun.jpg

Along the fence, there is a new “pot” person and there are Easter egg and bunny lights.
1551523-bun.jpg

This is where the displays usually start, but not this time because St. Patrick’s Day was up when she started on Easter.
1551524-bun.jpg

Are rabbit legs more lucky than a rabbit’s foot? If so, I should have grabbed this one from this one legged bunny!
1551525-bun.jpg

1551527-bun.jpg

This is the far right side of the yard, where Mama Jean first started creating the display for this Easter.
1551528-bun.jpg

I can’t imagine what fun it’s going to be to remove all of that Easter basket grass from the pine straw, but the buttercups do look lovely!
15515210-bun.jpg

And the Tulips were starting to bloom too.
1551529-bun.jpg

Not all of the trees and bushes have started to bloom just yet, but at least they can still be useful for decoration and lighting.
15515211-bun.jpg

The center shot of Mama Jean’s yard. A very traditional icon for the holiday from the Christian faith.
15515212-bun.jpg

Now the left side and I will work over to the right. As you can see, some friends of the “It’s a Small World” dolls came for an Easter Egg Hunt at Mama Jean’s house.
15515213-bun.jpg

15515214-bun.jpg

15515215-bun.jpg

15515216-bun.jpg

15515218-bun.jpg

15515217-bun.jpg

Just look at this big yard full of dolls, bunnies and not-so-hidden eggs!
15515219a-bun.jpg

This hunter looks like she has almost hopped too far to the right and is about to fall!
15515220-bun.jpg

This one spilled her blue eggs…messy, messy, messy!
15515221-bun.jpg

15515222-bun.jpg

15515223-bun.jpg

15515224-bun.jpg

One last look at the big hunt!
15515225-bun.jpg

I have no idea what's next. I didn't see Mama Jean today. I can only assume that she was inside creating her next display. When I was there, there were lots of cars cruising by her house to enjoy all of her hard work.

Whew....well, that took more than 2 hours to produce, but it's a labor of love at this point. Enjoy y'all!

Thank You for sharing Mama Jean's gift for making us smile.

Judi

I'm not sure what it says that I've been waiting for this all day!:woohoo: (ok, this and the next installment of the John Adams miniseries, lol)

Great job, Mama Jean! Definitely alot of work for such a grand display! I'm glad there were folks driving by to check it out.

(Thanks, Lindy, too, for all the pictures!!)

OK...this worries me a bit...my youngest daughter has the purple dress on the manequin that is in the third shot from the bottom :scared1: :rotfl:
And I do have to say that the bald headed manequin did alarm me a bit. Overall though, I enjoyed the display. I really and truly can not fathom the time that goes into these...I was thrilled just to get the baskets out of the attic in time this year (just happened Friday! :laughing: )
Hope everybody had a happy Easter.

I love the flower pot man!! I dont know if he's meant to be part of the easter decorations or if he's always there, but he's great!

The bald doll was supposed to be wearing the hat that is on the ground near it. I didn't feel right in touching any of the displayed items. I have been told that I am welcome to take pictures, but I don't want to disturb the displays. As for the Pot Man, I think that he must be a new permanent yard decoration. She has so many yard decorations, it's hard to know for sure. If you think the front and side yards have stuff, you should see her back yard. She seems to have a lot of stuff back there too.

Thank you! My favorite..... the lucky one legged bunny. Love it! Happy Easter everyone! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter