Making the caramel apple mickeys!!!!!!

MFDWT2005

Earning My Ears
Has anyone out there made the mickey caramel apples or pumpkin apples at home. I am wanting to make some of the mickey pumpkin apples for this season. I know that my first few attempts will be trial and error, so I thought I would ask you guys. This is what I want on my apples.

1. First coat to be caramel

2. Second coat to be white chocolate

3. Third coat to be the orange sprinkles.

4. And then the chocolate face.

Give me your best tips, tricks, ect. I will be willing to invest in a good melting pot and good supplies I need to make them look the best.::yes::

This should be easy. Melt caramels and a bit of heavy cream in double boiler. Dip apples after placing stick and marshmallow ears, place on wax covered baking sheet, place in fridge.
Melt white chocolate in double boiler, dip caramel dipped apple into white chocolate, let excess drain into pan, roll in orange sprinkles and place back on cookie sheet in fridge.
Melt chocolate and place in a deco bag pipe mouth and eyes. backin frige to set.

Another tip is to briefly dip your apples in boiling water to remove the wax coating. Then set the apple aside to cool...make sure the apples are cool/cold before dipping in caramel.

Have fun and I'd love to see some photos after you've made the apples! :)

You might check sites like Pinterest. There's a lot of good ideas out there -- especially for Halloween. Love the Mickey / Minny apples btw. So cute. All I know is they use marshmallow's for Minny's bow.

I've seen some failed caramel apple attempts and remember reading something about the moisture in the apple or maybe if the apples were in the fridge?

If all else fails you could use those apple wraps and then dip it in the chocolate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter