Makin' Memories... A PTR for a 2022 Thanksgiving Trip. (hopefully)

Yay, I'm so glad everything worked out for you!!! I can't wait to hear how excited Gwen is when you finally get to eat there!
Thanks!!! I am sure we will all love it. Well hopefully we will ...

My daughter did great with her 2nd vaccine on Saturday. She did say she had a headache Sunday (which she also complained about after the 1st shot), but other than that she was fine.
Good to hear!

So you can book them at 6am eastern time? For some reason I thought it was 7am so that's good to know.
Yes, it's 6AM. I totally forgot what time it was. But thankfully I had signed up for touring plans reminders and they sent me an email 2 days before and said 6AM.

Glad you got the dining reservations done and completed! It can be such a stressful ordeal at times.
It sounds like Gwen will really enjoy Space 220, and I'm sure the experience will be fun. It might be tough to swallow the costs but like you said, it's along the lines of Cinderella's Royal Table.

You did really well on the reservations. Delighted it all worked out. It's getting close to your trip now! I always feel it's more real when the dining is booked even though I change said reservations again.....and again....and again lol

We just booked a trip in February and I think our dates overlap! We’ll be in Disney the 3-8 and universal for a day or two after!

happy to see Gwen was able to get vaccinated and you’re all doing well!

Glad you got the dining reservations done and completed! It can be such a stressful ordeal at times.
They can be, it really wasn't that bad for once. (once I got moving)

Happy Wednesday!! Have you decided how you are going to do the reveal for this trip yet?
I did! Kind of! I am going to do the game night reveal. I haven't decided on what game and how to mix it in just yet. But I am thinking of doing it Saturday or Sunday so, they know for the week to prepare.

It's getting close to your trip now! I always feel it's more real when the dining is booked even though I change said reservations again.....and again....and again lol
I am starting to panic a little, as I don't have time to really think about the trip! Between work being busy and the holidays I have barely thought about anything since making reservations.

You did do well with your ADR's! Enjoy :)
Thanks! I am happy with what we got.

We just booked a trip in February and I think our dates overlap! We’ll be in Disney the 3-8 and universal for a day or two after!
Nice! We will have to compare park days! Maybe we can say hello.

Loving your plans....and living vicariously. I have always wanted to do a dessert party at MK to avoid the crowds, and that seems especially appealing now. Love all your dining choices. I'm really interested to start hearing about peoples trips with the LL and how it goes when you have it and don't have it. It's going to make the planning process a bit different. I'm sure there will be people here on the DIS who have it all figured out in no time though lol

Hello Everyone!

It's been a bit crazy around here! Some good and some bad...

I finished my Christmas shopping today! Woo Hoo! Now I just have to stalk my packages.

We finally got our Christmas cards and addressed them all this weekend. So, we will get those out in the mail tomorrow.

My sister's little boy had his first "real" party this Saturday for turning 5. Gwen and I went to the party and helped out and the poor boy, little things spiked a fever half way through! And all he wanted to do was sit on someone's lap! So, Gwen and I ended being in charge of his little sister. Which was just fine by us. As she is adorable.

Untitled

Untitled

The bad... My best friend's father passed away on Friday. I have known her since we were freshman in high school. So, I knew her dad fairly well. And I work with her husband and for his company. AND it was to be our holiday party at their house that Friday. It made for a hectic day! He had been sick with cancer but it is never easy.

So, I am now looking at a very busy week!

Morgan has her holiday concert on Monday, Tuesday will be the funeral, Andy has his office party to go to. All things that are large groups of people. So, after all of that, we will probably try and semi-quaranteene for the next 10 days. I haven't mentioned my mom much on here, but she is slowly recovering from having covid. But she is considered immuncompromised, so we will want to be careful as the plan is to see her on Christmas. Which will be nice. We plan to all be together.

But Morgan is looking forward to her concert. She is doing Concert Band and Jazz Band this year. So, that will be nice!

ANYWAY!!!! It's been a lot lately, and I honestly haven't thought too much about the trip.

BUT I did order us magic bands! I will share once we get them. I will have to start figuring out tinkerbell gifts next! But that might wait till after Christmas. We will see.

I am so sorry for your loss. My grandfather died on December 19 back in 07 and it was such a blur everything happened so fast. I was in my accounting final when I got the call and had my business law final the next day, then it was wake, funeral, Christmas back to back to back so I definitely get how busy things will get in a hard time. His death was a bit unexpected, but not shocking (he was 87, but healthy, old age just got to him).

Best of luck to Morgan in her concert! I remember my parents dragged me to my sister's recital when she was in 7th grade, thankfully they never made me go back, it was a long night!

Yay for magic bands! It makes the trip more real, even though I HATE having to pay for them now, I still buy them! Definitely wait on the tinkerbell gifts, you may be able to get some discounts after Christmas!

Best of luck to Morgan in her concert! I remember my parents dragged me to my sister's recital when she was in 7th grade, thankfully they never made me go back, it was a long night!
YES! Gwen lucks out this year. Each kid only gets 2 tickets, so they can keep the theater socially distanced. So, Gwen doesn't have to go.

I am so sorry for your loss. My grandfather died on December 19 back in 07 and it was such a blur everything happened so fast. I was in my accounting final when I got the call and had my business law final the next day, then it was wake, funeral, Christmas back to back to back so I definitely get how busy things will get in a hard time. His death was a bit unexpected, but not shocking (he was 87, but healthy, old age just got to him).
I am sorry for your loss. It is never easy. No matter when or how it happens. The holidays just compound it. But hopefully it will keep my girlfriend and family busy the next few weeks.

Hello Everyone!

It's been a bit crazy around here! Some good and some bad...

I finished my Christmas shopping today! Woo Hoo! Now I just have to stalk my packages.

We finally got our Christmas cards and addressed them all this weekend. So, we will get those out in the mail tomorrow.

My sister's little boy had his first "real" party this Saturday for turning 5. Gwen and I went to the party and helped out and the poor boy, little things spiked a fever half way through! And all he wanted to do was sit on someone's lap! So, Gwen and I ended being in charge of his little sister. Which was just fine by us. As she is adorable.

Untitled

Untitled

The bad... My best friend's father passed away on Friday. I have known her since we were freshman in high school. So, I knew her dad fairly well. And I work with her husband and for his company. AND it was to be our holiday party at their house that Friday. It made for a hectic day! He had been sick with cancer but it is never easy.

So, I am now looking at a very busy week!

Morgan has her holiday concert on Monday, Tuesday will be the funeral, Andy has his office party to go to. All things that are large groups of people. So, after all of that, we will probably try and semi-quaranteene for the next 10 days. I haven't mentioned my mom much on here, but she is slowly recovering from having covid. But she is considered immuncompromised, so we will want to be careful as the plan is to see her on Christmas. Which will be nice. We plan to all be together.

But Morgan is looking forward to her concert. She is doing Concert Band and Jazz Band this year. So, that will be nice!

ANYWAY!!!! It's been a lot lately, and I honestly haven't thought too much about the trip.

BUT I did order us magic bands! I will share once we get them. I will have to start figuring out tinkerbell gifts next! But that might wait till after Christmas. We will see.
My condolences on your loss.

I have a person in my party for our June trip that really wants Space 220 also. I can't wait to see if you and your daughter enjoy it!

Sorry for your loss. Losing someone close to the holidays is rough.
I hope the concert goes well, and you guys can rest during your semi-quarantine time so that you have a great Christmas with family.

I'm finally caught back up on your pre-trip report. So much has happened.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Having someone pass is hard enough but close to the holidays is even harder.

Congrats to Gwen on getting her shots.

I miss going to Band concerts at Christmas, all 3 of my kids did band until they entered High School. My son did it through college and is a music education teacher, but the girls quit after Middle School.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter