Makin' Memories... A PTR for a 2022 Thanksgiving Trip. (hopefully)

I love when it's time to get Christmas-y! Then, I despise remembering I have to deal with our elf starting this week--why did I ever make him show up on Thanksgiving!!!!

Your plans sound great for days 2 and 3!

I love when it's time to get Christmas-y! Then, I despise remembering I have to deal with our elf starting this week--why did I ever make him show up on Thanksgiving!!!!

Your plans sound great for days 2 and 3!
I don’t know how you all do elf on a shelf. Would’ve driven my normally very creative parents up a wall!

also I did have a few people I know last year just take a picture of the elf with a mask saying “he can’t risk it because of Covid but know he is watching” and wrote little letters all day and it was worthwhile because they didn’t have to do more than a few pictures and then they typed or wrote out letters and they were good. (Even typing that out got me exhausted).

I really like the sound of your plans especially your Epcot day. It will be so nice to take it easy that morning/afternoon and then head back to do the EMHs. Sounds like Gwen is being more adventurous in her eating which as a mum to a fussy eater sounds amazing to me. Way to go Gwen! 👏
You sound well organized for advent and the elf. I use the same advent calendar each year and the boys fill each pocket with a celebration sweetie. Their favourites are the malteser ones so they make sure they have those first and last with different varieties in between. Neither of them like the snickers so I get to have those lol. Elf on the shelf wasn’t a thing here until recently and my kids are too old but I love seeing some of the antics on other people’s Fb. I am the mum who was guilty of telling the kids the alarm sensor was Santa watching on his cctv so they’d better behave/ do homework/eat dinner. No elf or imagination needed in my part :rotfl:You are right though in that one day you’ll miss doing it :goodvibes

I don’t know how you all do elf on a shelf. Would’ve driven my normally very creative parents up a wall!

also I did have a few people I know last year just take a picture of the elf with a mask saying “he can’t risk it because of Covid but know he is watching” and wrote little letters all day and it was worthwhile because they didn’t have to do more than a few pictures and then they typed or wrote out letters and they were good. (Even typing that out got me exhausted).
I have a very creative friend who created "Isolation Jars" last year! Our elf arrived in his jar with 14 numbers on the back to X off each day of his quarantine :) He was also wearing a matching mask and had a letter from Santa explaining that the elf had to remain in the jar for 14 days upon his arrival. I'm thinking I can get another 14 days out of our jar this year since sadly we aren't entirely rid of this darn pandemic!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!

We are headed to my mom's this year. And I was kind of dreading it, as Thanksgiving is usually at my house. BUT now I have time to say hello to you folks now that my whole house doesn't have to be scrubbed and set up! So, maybe not that bad.

So, I am hoping to run through another day or two because I am now at 71 days!!!! And I have to figure out the rest of my dining restaurants! I will start a post right after these commments!

See that seems like a lot. But I guess it's more about what you find easy and not. I honestly have been doing this so much it's not that bad any more.

Sounds like Gwen is being more adventurous in her eating which as a mum to a fussy eater sounds amazing to me. Way to go Gwen! 👏
It is literally baby steps. I have tried really hard to get her to try new things here and there...

I get to have those lol. Elf on the shelf wasn’t a thing here until recently and my kids are too old but I love seeing some of the antics on other people’s Fb
You are welcome to follow me on facebook. I usually post each day. I feel like all Elf moms need to share there ideas! It can be a struggle!

I'm thinking I can get another 14 days out of our jar this year since sadly we aren't entirely rid of this darn pandemic!!
Hard to believe we are saying that! I was trying to think of a way to have the Elf say she was vaccinated.

Your plans sound fantastic as always. I'm super super thrilled that kids are starting to get vaxxed there. Any day now here in Canada too.
Fingers crossed for you guys!

I wish I had my holiday as organized as you, and I don't even have an Elf to worry about.
I think because I have so many things, it forces me to be organized.

Park plans sound great and you're getting closer and closer.
Thanks! I can't wait!!!

You are welcome to follow me on facebook. I usually post each day. I feel like all Elf moms need to share there ideas! It can be a struggle!
I’d love to follow you so I’ll go see if I can find you and send you a request. I wonder if my grandkids will be into the elf? The eldest is just 3 and has started nursery school so I’m guessing it will depend on whether the other kids families do it. They are half Danish so have 2 sets of traditions as it is so I’m sure my daughter won’t be bringing up the idea 🤣

Ok, So some housekeeping first, if you will...

Disney released some more official park hours and they meanly stopped at our FIRST day of the trip!!!

But that first day is Friday they have Extended Park hours for Deluxe Hotel guests for Magic Kingdom. And I am tempted to add a park day to our ticket so we can go! It's intresting, as it is the first Friday EEH. I am wondering if they won't have the Wednesday one? I will have to wait and see.

I also got an email from the airline that they changed our flights slightly. And it actually was for the better! I booked the flights that I did based on getting the flight with miles only. Now we are leaving an hour early both ways. But it's good, as I was a little worried that we would be getting home super late and we were all going to have to suck it up and got to school and work the next day. That hour will help a bit. And then heading TO Disney, we will now arrive 12:30. Which just feels like so much more time.

But with both of those items... I am drawn to possibly heading to Magic Kingdom on Friday!?!? ! Maybe we stick with Disney Springs for an early dinner and then head over? I will have to talk to Andy about it.

Day Four: Animal Kingdom Day

So, I am torn about this day.... Part of me wants to plan on us getting up early to get in line for Flight of Passage and taking advantage of the half hour early open but I also am not sure that will be possible by this time of the trip.

Animal Kingdom is estimated to be open 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM. So, EEH would be 8:30. Maybe we will play it by ear. I could always suck it up and buy the Fancy Ride. As I am not sure Lightening Lane will be worth it for AK. The ONLY reason I would consider doing it, would be because we are only planning this day for Animal Kingdom. Pretty mush every other park gets at least 2 days.

Andy requested we go to Tiffins this trip. Andy's sister is a huge fan of there and I know alot of people here are as well. I just haven't done it in the past as the choices for the girls can be iffy. But It's worth a try! So, I am thinking a 5 dinner reservation. Which I was thinking we could also, hop in line for FOP after dinner and just make it our last thing for the day as an option as well.

I do want to do Santuli Canteen for lunch. We will have to go early. I find the hardest part of this park wanting to do things on one side of the park and eat things all the way on the opposite side of the park.

Day Five: Rest Day / Magic Kingdom

It will be Wednesday and I think we will be ready for some needed rest / down time by now. Originally I was going to actually have a no park day today. But it "should" be another Extra Hours for Deluxe guest tonight. And I want to take advantage of those for sure.

Hopefully we can enjoy the pool today. Fingers crossed on nice enough weather to do so!

Normally we would do Sanaa on our Animal Kingdom day but since Andy wants to do Tiffins, I am thinking of trying for Sanaa today. My thought is maybe a 4:00 dinner? A little early, but we can do a snacky type lunch at the pool bar that day. But by doing a 4:00 "dinner" we can still get the lunch menu, which we actually like better there. And that will give us plenty of time to make it over to Magic Kingdom to see fireworks.

I am thinking the same thing as EPCOT EEH. Get there in time to see fireworks and then do the extra hours.

I have been busy trying to get things ready for the holidays. I have an advent calendar for the girls that is a HUGE pain to fill now that they are older and I can't put toys in them
I almost bought one of the filling ones this year and then thought what the heck am I gonna put in that in a few years. So Trader Joe's chocolate advent calendar it is again this year :rotfl:

finally figured out my "schedule" for the elf on the shelf. And started to pick up some of the props that I need. This also sounds crazy to do, but it literally keeps me sane for the month of December. I just check the schedule, set up and go to bed. ha.
Feel free to send some of your ideas a few hours south. You are always so on top of this and have the best ideas. We on the other hand forget to even move it half the time

Dinner is hopefully going to be Homecomin'. This has kind of become a tradition to go here on Hollywood Studios day. I am thinking either 5 or 6. We aren't late dinner eaters normally.
Yum!!! I know Andy will be looking forward to his moonshine drink

We are headed to my mom's this year. And I was kind of dreading it, as Thanksgiving is usually at my house. BUT now I have time to say hello to you folks now that my whole house doesn't have to be scrubbed and set up! So, maybe not that bad.
Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!!!

But that first day is Friday they have Extended Park hours for Deluxe Hotel guests for Magic Kingdom. And I am tempted to add a park day to our ticket so we can go! It's intresting, as it is the first Friday EEH. I am wondering if they won't have the Wednesday one? I will have to wait and see.
I had to look up hours for us next month because I didn't think they had Friday ones. Wonder if they are going to 3 days a week? That would be cool.

Andy requested we go to Tiffins this trip. Andy's sister is a huge fan of there and I know alot of people here are as well. I just haven't done it in the past as the choices for the girls can be iffy. But It's worth a try! So, I am thinking a 5 dinner reservation
We've always enjoyed our meals at Tiffins. Haven't been here in a few years but only because we can't pull ourselves out of Nomad's

I also got an email from the airline that they changed our flights slightly. And it actually was for the better! I booked the flights that I did based on getting the flight with miles only. Now we are leaving an hour early both ways. But it's good, as I was a little worried that we would be getting home super late and we were all going to have to suck it up and got to school and work the next day. That hour will help a bit. And then heading TO Disney, we will now arrive 12:30. Which just feels like so much more time.
I love an earlier arrival time. Nothing like more Disney time!
Andy requested we go to Tiffins this trip. Andy's sister is a huge fan of there and I know alot of people here are as well. I just haven't done it in the past as the choices for the girls can be iffy. But It's worth a try! So, I am thinking a 5 dinner reservation. Which I was thinking we could also, hop in line for FOP after dinner and just make it our last thing for the day as an option as well.
I have never done Tiffins but I love, love, love Nomads!
Normally we would do Sanaa on our Animal Kingdom day but since Andy wants to do Tiffins, I am thinking of trying for Sanaa today. My thought is maybe a 4:00 dinner? A little early, but we can do a snacky type lunch at the pool bar that day. But by doing a 4:00 "dinner" we can still get the lunch menu, which we actually like better there. And that will give us plenty of time to make it over to Magic Kingdom to see fireworks.
That sounds like a perfect plan. A restful day, the perfect lunch and the parks at night!

Guys! I am running out of time!!! I am low key panicking! We have 65 days!!! Or 5 days till I can make dinning reservations!

So, I literally JUST saw on instagram that Space 220 Lounge can now be booked like a regular dinning reservation! I might have to try for that one day! Not sure if I should do it on our eat around the world day or later in the week? Probably easier to get later in the week.

Day 7: Hollywood Studios

Today Touring Plan has the crowd level as a 4, so I am hoping it feels lighter than our first visit. And we won't need Lightening Lane. But if I am being honest, I wonder if we will want to do it just because we are used to having Fastpass?

I am honestly not sure what the plan will be for the day. Maybe we will get up and try for getting on Rise in the AM? But we will have been out late the night before, so maybe we don't rush this day? I think at this point either will be fine.

I need to talk to Andy about it, but I think we might skip Oga's this trip. I am not sure we are ready to be sharing a table with strangers indoors quiet yet. We have gone a bunch of times already and it will be there for future trips.

I am thinking we head to Disney Springs for dinner? We love Polite Pig and will probably want to go again.

Day 8: Magic Kingdom

This will be our last full MK day. Or at least possibly our last full day. By this point, I plan less and less on what we are going to do.

I am thinking of getting a lunch reservation at Steakhouse 71. I think we will really enjoy it! The burger and the grilled cheese both sound amazing. I hope it can be a nice break from the park. Gwen also wants to find the 5 legged goat at the Contemporary. So, we can do both!

I figure we can decide if we want to go back to MK after lunch or maybe hop over to EPCOT to do any more Festival of Arts stuff that we may have missed from our full day.

Day 9: Magic Kingdom / EPCOT

Today I think will probably be the greatest hits day at MK. We usually try and hit 2 requests of each person on our last MK day. I might fork over the $$$ again to do Lightening Lane depending on how the begining of the trip went.

I assume we won't spend the entire day at the park today and want to head back and relax some, maybe swim.... But I think I am going to make our dinner reservation for Le Cellier this night. We loved our first visit here and I want to try the Artisan Cheese and Charcuterie Plate with the beef fat candle! Has anyone heard / seen this? I also dream of the Poutine. It was so good! And is something that we can't get around here. Well, Jersey does have something called Disco Fries but they are more like gravy on fries. NOT the same!

We can head into EPCOT late afternoon and have a nice dinner, shop a little and maybe ride a ride. (if we invest in LL for the day, we can probably grab a few LLs, which using it at 2 parks makes it feel more like a value)

I am also thinking maybe we try Le Creperie for lunch this day? Or even a late snack? I don't think we will do the sit down version, just because we won't have enough time this trip. Which is crazy to think, it's a long trip.

Day 10: Hollywood Studios

This will be our travel day back home. Always the saddest day... I booked HS since it's a walk or boat ride away from the hotel. I get a little stressed coming back from MK to our hotel to make it in time to get to the airport. This is just easier.

Not sure if I will make any dinning reservation for the day. I tend not to, as we usually have things we want to cram in and a sit down meal sometimes feel like we are wasting time on the last day.

Maybe we will buy Lightening Lane again today, just so we can cram in as much as humanly possible before we have to leave. But we will see.

Possible Lightening Lane Days:
Day 1:
Magic Kingdom
Day 2: Hollywood Studios
Day 8: Magic Kingdom / EPCOT
Day 9: Hollywood Studios

Restaurant Run Down:
Friday Day 1:
Morimoto Asia - Dinner 6:00-ish
Saturday Day 2: Skipper Canteen - Still not sure if we should do lunch or dinner!
Sunday Day 3: Homecomin' - Dinner 5:00 PM
Monday Day 4: Eating around the world - maybe Space 220 Lounge?
Tuesday, Day 5: Tiffins - 5:00 PM
Wednesday, Day 6: Sanaa - Early Dinner 4:00 PM
Thursday, Day 7: Polite Pig
Friday, Day 8: Steakhouse 71 - Lunch 1:00-ish
Saturday, Day 9: Le Cellier Steakhouse - Dinner 6:00-ish
Sunday, Day 10: no reservations?

As a side note, restaurants that I am pushing to the April Spring Break trip:

• BOMA
  • Hoop Dee Doo Review
  • Artist Point
  • Frontier Cantera
  • Trader Sam's
I need to go over the list with Andy before Monday to make reservations. I kind of can't believe we are getting this close!!!

Random Thoughts that I am mulling over:

• I kind of want to book a dessert party for MK literally just so we can see the new fireworks and not worry about crowds. But I also don't feel like we need to do one.
  • I feel like we won't get enough out of our park hoppers but Andy wanted to have the flexibiltiy. So, I guess it is what it is. It also feels weird not having it after having Annual Passes.

Booking our dining was not fun for our December trip this year! I usually love the rush of having my list ready and my game plan and then zipping through our reservations once the time hits, but I kept getting frustrated and not being able to get what I want where I had it planned to fit in our schedule. I know we're going during the busiest week of the year, but we often do and have never had this much trouble. I hope your booking goes MUCH more smoothly!!!

I was able to snag us a Christmas Eve reservation when Story Book Dining reservations opened up this morning, so that almost made up for all my other difficulties with the trip!!! And I didn't have to worry about trying to modify anything else, so Hallellujah for that!!!!

Booking our dining was not fun for our December trip this year! I usually love the rush of having my list ready and my game plan and then zipping through our reservations once the time hits, but I kept getting frustrated and not being able to get what I want where I had it planned to fit in our schedule. I know we're going during the busiest week of the year, but we often do and have never had this much trouble. I hope your booking goes MUCH more smoothly!!!
I know! Just trying to look at menus online is frustrating sometimes! Fingers crossed I can get most of what I need!

I was able to snag us a Christmas Eve reservation when Story Book Dining reservations opened up this morning, so that almost made up for all my other difficulties with the trip!!! And I didn't have to worry about trying to modify anything else, so Hallellujah for that!!!!
That will be so fun for Christmas Eve!!!

Just found this! I’ve read all of your trip reports and really enjoyed them. Hope you can get all the reservations you want in a few days! I know you’re excited for the trip. We are going in April also and it will be our first trip back since the pandemic started.

When you mentioned that your April trip is close to your husband’s 50th birthday, it suddenly hit me that my husband’s 50th birthday is 2 days before we leave for our April trip! I feel like a terrible wife because that didn’t even occur to me before! I have no idea what to do for him. He says he doesn’t like Disney and only goes because our girls like it so I doubt it’s where he would choose to celebrate his birthday. I picked the week because that is the girls’ spring break and my oldest is in high school now so I hate to take her out now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter