Make me feel good about my stateroom please....

SSDixon

Earning My Ears
Please make me feel good about having a forward port side room on the Fantasy!
We booked the nov 2020 double dip. We are a family of 5. 3 kiddos-newly 4, 8, and 10 at time of cruising.
By the time we could book for a family of 5, there were very few family deluxe oceanviews left. We ended up with stateroom 8012 all the way forward. I originally wanted 2 connected rooms but even the inside and 9B oceanviews on deck 2 were $1300 more than one deluxe family oceanview. A deluxe veranda is over $900 more than the deluxe oceanview. That’s a lot in my mind just to be mid ship and I don’t think we will use the veranda all that much as we haven’t in the past. All deluxe family oceanviews are now sold out that fit 5.
My kiddos have never cruised, hubby and I have many times. Worried about them feeling queasy. Don’t like not being closer to convenient elevators. Wish we could have gotten starboard too. Sigh, at this point, I’m just happy we got a room I guess since I knew it would be a popular cruise.

I can’t help you with that room, but we’re on this cruise, too, and room availability seems to be rather fluid right now. If you don’t love where you are, keep looking. The sailing is a long way off and room availability will continue to change. Good luck!

At least you aren't aft! There are some aft cabins on the Fantasy that have terrible vibration problems. We had one, it felt like our cabin was on top of a jack hammer. It was impossible to get any sleep and had horrible head aches if tried to lay down. Thankfully we've never had that happen on any other cruises. I often get seasick. Brought some ginger candy for our last cruise. Anytime I felt sick, I'd suck on a piece and never got sick. I got some from Amazon.

@SSDixon I always take ginger when one a cruise.... You might start now getting them to drink ginger ale (the stuff with actual ginger in it) and try ginger candies. Our one trip in concierge was 12016 (right above it) and we didn't have any issues. Just remember you are right below all the concierge rooms (and the high $ they cost) so the odds are you'll be fine.

Please make me feel good about having a forward port side room on the Fantasy!
We booked the nov 2020 double dip. We are a family of 5. 3 kiddos-newly 4, 8, and 10 at time of cruising.
By the time we could book for a family of 5, there were very few family deluxe oceanviews left. We ended up with stateroom 8012 all the way forward. I originally wanted 2 connected rooms but even the inside and 9B oceanviews on deck 2 were $1300 more than one deluxe family oceanview. A deluxe veranda is over $900 more than the deluxe oceanview. That’s a lot in my mind just to be mid ship and I don’t think we will use the veranda all that much as we haven’t in the past. All deluxe family oceanviews are now sold out that fit 5.
My kiddos have never cruised, hubby and I have many times. Worried about them feeling queasy. Don’t like not being closer to convenient elevators. Wish we could have gotten starboard too. Sigh, at this point, I’m just happy we got a room I guess since I knew it would be a popular cruise.
We recently cruised with a group in rooms 9002, 9004, 9006, and 9008. They were great. No issues at all with movement of the ship for any of the passengers, including kiddos and adults new to cruising.

I can’t help you with that room, but we’re on this cruise, too, and room availability seems to be rather fluid right now. If you don’t love where you are, keep looking. The sailing is a long way off and room availability will continue to change. Good luck!
Yes I’m definitely going to keep looking! But for oceanviews that hold 5, they are all very Aft or very Forward so unless I want to jump up $1000 or more in price to another category I don’t think one would be much better than another except maybe getting starboard. So the choice is potential sea sickness and long walk forward or potential vibration issue on aft haha

At least you aren't aft! There are some aft cabins on the Fantasy that have terrible vibration problems. We had one, it felt like our cabin was on top of a jack hammer. It was impossible to get any sleep and had horrible head aches if tried to lay down. Thankfully we've never had that happen on any other cruises. I often get seasick. Brought some ginger candy for our last cruise. Anytime I felt sick, I'd suck on a piece and never got sick. I got some from Amazon.
Yeah in a weird way I was just thankful I won’t have to worry about this potential ‘vibration’!

@SSDixon I always take ginger when one a cruise.... You might start now getting them to drink ginger ale (the stuff with actual ginger in it) and try ginger candies. Our one trip in concierge was 12016 (right above it) and we didn't have any issues. Just remember you are right below all the concierge rooms (and the high $ they cost) so the odds are you'll be fine.
Thanks for the suggestion !

Your children may enjoy port as there is so much action to watch at the various ports including CC.

As long as I don’t have puking kids than I might as well be in my kitchen!
and my kitchen doesn’t cost $6100 lol ;)

So, you don't want to be on vacation? In the Caribbean? With your family? Visiting places you may have never been before? On a cruise? With Disney characters? And lots of other people that love Disney stuff?

It's all about perspective... Every room on that ship is awesome compared to sitting at home and NOT going.

Yes I’m definitely going to keep looking! But for oceanviews that hold 5, they are all very Aft or very Forward so unless I want to jump up $1000 or more in price to another category I don’t think one would be much better than another except maybe getting starboard. So the choice is potential sea sickness and long walk forward or potential vibration issue on aft haha

This is one thing I don't like about the Fantasy. All the larger family OV cabins are aft or forward. Why couldn't there be some midship. I didn't know about the horrible aft vibrations when I booked ours several years ago. I loved the size, but refuse to sail aft on the Fantasy again. I hope they put some larger OV cabins in mid-ship on the new ships!! We had cabin 5168, lovely cabin, but the vibrations were awful. Don't switch to it if it comes available, it's also port side, so you wouldn't want it.

This is one thing I don't like about the Fantasy. All the larger family OV cabins are aft or forward. Why couldn't there be some midship. I didn't know about the horrible aft vibrations when I booked ours several years ago. I loved the size, but refuse to sail aft on the Fantasy again. I hope they put some larger OV cabins in mid-ship on the new ships!! We had cabin 5068, lovely cabin, but the vibrations were awful. Don't switch to it if it comes available, it's also port side, so you wouldn't want it.

We had 10648 and the vibrations were so bad they ended up moving us to 9526 which was awesome.

It's funny how many people will argue with me to tell me that ALL ships have the vibration issues or that there are no vibration issues on the Fantasy... The problem is actually unique to the Fantasy and they didn't fix it even when the ship was dry-docked two years ago.

So, you don't want to be on vacation? In the Caribbean? With your family? Visiting places you may have never been before? On a cruise? With Disney characters? And lots of other people that love Disney stuff?

It's all about perspective... Every room on that ship is awesome compared to sitting at home and NOT going.

My title was stated to make me feel good about my stateroom. Not feel bad about about having concerns as a mom.
As we all know DCL isn’t cheap. I could do Caribbean cheaper if it was just about that.

We had 10648 and the vibrations were so bad they ended up moving us to 9526 which was awesome.

It's funny how many people will argue with me to tell me that ALL ships have the vibration issues or that there are no vibration issues on the Fantasy... The problem is actually unique to the Fantasy and they didn't fix it even when the ship was dry-docked two years ago.

Agree! The people who say that haven't been in one of the cabins that has it. Ours was so bad I was on the verge of trying to sleep in a public area or jumping overboard. We stayed midship on our last Fantasy cruise and thankfully it didn't have the vibration issues. I won't book aft on the Fantasy again, hate hearing it can't be fixed. We only have 3 in our family, so it's easier to find cabins elsewhere on the ship.

Keep an eye open later this week as hold cancel, and just in general peoples plans change!

Holds may already be expiring but I expect that they're much more likely to start dropping off over the weekend as that's when Silver and First Time Cruisers would have placed them (and they make up the vast majority of those that are booking).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter