• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With everything happening to everyone else I feel silly posting, but I just had to give Aidan some extra O's tonight for the first time in quite a few months. He is fighting a nasty head cold and without his Trach anymore we are having difficulty getting the mucus out. He is clogged and miserable, but finally sleeping. The problem is that he can't get much air through the plugged nose and doesn't really mouth breath yet. Please add him to your lists, we do not want to end up in a hospital and putting back in a Trach.

mm
Sending prayers and best wishes to Aidan.
Hope his nose gets cleared up and that he can breathe properly again, we dont need him back on that nasty Trach

With everything happening to everyone else I feel silly posting, but I just had to give Aidan some extra O's tonight for the first time in quite a few months. He is fighting a nasty head cold and without his Trach anymore we are having difficulty getting the mucus out. He is clogged and miserable, but finally sleeping. The problem is that he can't get much air through the plugged nose and doesn't really mouth breath yet. Please add him to your lists, we do not want to end up in a hospital and putting back in a Trach.

mm

Definitely praying for Aidan!!!!

Please don't ever feel like we have too much going on to share... :) I have LOTS of time to pray...many stoplights...sitting on hold...Oh, I digress!!!!

That does sound very scary. Please keep us posted!!

A hint for Disney...

WATER...

This was buried in my TR...but I want to make sure all of the Wish families are aware of this.

Water is FREE in Disney. You can go to any counter service restaurant and ask for a cup of ice water and they will give it to you for FREE. PS: It isn't free at Sea World. Not sure about Universal.

This is not something that they advertise...

We used this "service" a lot. We brought a small snack for each person and requested water for each person and had a "free" snack during the day. This will help stretch that expense check.

This is also very helpful for taking medicine...so you don't have to spend $3 on a drink that you won't even finish.

It helped us stay hydrated without having to carry around water bottles all day. You could carry a water bottle and fill it up with the ice water, though. :)

And you are right... THAT was RANDOM!! :rotfl:

Just a random thought from Maroo...:rotfl2:

A hint for Disney...

WATER...

This was buried in my TR...but I want to make sure all of the Wish families are aware of this.

Water is FREE in Disney. You can go to any counter service restaurant and ask for a cup of ice water and they will give it to you for FREE. PS: It isn't free at Sea World. Not sure about Universal.

We used this "service" a lot. We brought a small snack for each person and requested water for each person and had a "free" snack during the day. This will help stretch that expense check.

This is also very helpful for taking medicine...so you don't have to spend $3 on a drink that you won't even finish.

It helped us stay hydrated without having to carry around water bottles all day. You could carry a water bottle and fill it up with the ice water, though. :)

Very Random Mary, but very, very useful information.

I will store it under '"RandomRoo's on my list of things to remember. Thanks!!

Mandy

Ok here is an early question if she chooses Disney 'Do we have to make our own reservations for dinners? We are just waiting on the doctor to get the paper work and approve us...then we can start the fun part...

Hope Aidan's cold gets better...

Ok here is an early question if she chooses Disney 'Do we have to make our own reservations for dinners? We are just waiting on the doctor to get the paper work and approve us...then we can start the fun part...

If you want to eat in the parks or any where in disney you do need to make your own dinner reservations.

To all wish trippers whom have had rides provided to/from airport.

Does the Wish organization pay for the ride up front or do they allow for the cost in your expense check?

We have to pay our airline for the first piece of baggage, does anyone know whether or not this is accounted for?

We are still awaiting all of our Wish trip details, itinerary, etc but inquiring minds seem to want to know now and cannot wait :)

Mandy

To all wish trippers whom have had rides provided to/from airport.

Does the Wish organization pay for the ride up front or do they allow for the cost in your expense check?

We have to pay our airline for the first piece of baggage, does anyone know whether or not this is accounted for?

We are still awaiting all of our Wish trip details, itinerary, etc but inquiring minds seem to want to know now and cannot wait :)

Mandy

Well.. not that we have gone yet! :rotfl: but we are getting a limo from home to the airport and it says in Nick's itinerary that tip has already been taken care of for the driver to and from the airport. But.. it says that baggage has been budgeted for in the expense check, so I am assuming we will have to pay for that when we get there.

Well.. not that we have gone yet! :rotfl: but we are getting a limo from home to the airport and it says in Nick's itinerary that tip has already been taken care of for the driver to and from the airport. But.. it says that baggage has been budgeted for in the expense check, so I am assuming we will have to pay for that when we get there.

So driver fee = tip has already been paid for on yours then.
I am only asking because when reading Ambers TR she mention about her hubby paying the driver and that she was concerned about how much until she realized that it also included the tip.

I guess all MAW chapters are different in the way they do things.

I just read again and realized she said SkyCap. We havent ever used a SkyCap so it didnt register properly :) SkyCaps are those that trundle your luggage about for you arent they?

Mandy

I would book my ADR's on Dates I thought I was going. That is what I did in order to secure Cinderella's Royal Table and a few others that fill quickly. Once I got my dates I cancelled those that didn't fall in that range.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Aidan started a new steroid today and well it's working on one end and making a BIG mess out the other.

mm

Don't ever feel silly asking for prayers! We will add Aiden to our list of prayers.

A hint for Disney...

WATER...

You can get water for free at Universal also. We did that a ton when we went during the summer.

Hey- I think I finally figured out multiquote!

Questions to those of you that had family come and stay with you at GKTW. My sister is coming ( she is paying her way) and my step son is coming also ( we are paying his way) but they both get to stay with us at our Villa at GKTW.

I talk to our wish person today and she said they would have to purchase a"bunny Book" and that is how they would pay for their meals at GKTW. When I looked at the GKTW website, the Bunny Book sounds like something the famiy get's when they get their.

I am just really confused. She told the meals are buffet style and the range from $3-$5 a meal...anyone know anything about this?

Does anyone what the policy is for friends to come visit at GKTW? Eat a meal with you or something like that?

Does anyone what the policy is for friends to come visit at GKTW? Eat a meal with you or something like that?

Amy, my guess is it would be the same as I am asking...Are you having friends coming to visit you....;) Have you thought about calling GKTW and asking them that? If you do find out, please let me know...and maybe you can also update me after you get back too...Soo excitied for you all...:grouphug:

Amy, my guess is it would be the same as I am asking...Are you having friends coming to visit you....;) Have you thought about calling GKTW and asking them that? If you do find out, please let me know...and maybe you can also update me after you get back too...Soo excitied for you all...:grouphug:

We are having a certain sweet little 2 year old and her family come visit us! :lovestruc

We are having a certain sweet little 2 year old and her family come visit us! :lovestruc

Who, who??

I think reading on past wish trips visitors are always welcome. If visitors wish to eat at GKTW they have to purchase meal tokens at a couple of dollars a token.

As far as people staying with you for the duration I was under the impression that if you were staying at GKTW as an extra person you still got the same things in the village as the Wish family got.
The only things that would have to be purchased would be the park tickets but food at the village would be free.

The above is all my opinion only and just stuff I found whilst reading through other peoples wish trips. I had a cursory look just now but I am afraid that I cant find the threads where I saw this all posted, I have read so many trip reports that they are all now just a jumble in this pea sized brain of mine. Sorry.

Mandy

As far as people staying with you for the duration I was under the impression that if you were staying at GKTW as an extra person you still got the same things in the village as the Wish family got.
The only things that would have to be purchased would be the park tickets but food at the village would be free.

MAW is not paying for my sister and my stepson to come with us, but they are both allowed to stay with us at GKTW the whole trip. I was under the same impression too that they would be able to eat the same as us, but today when I talked to the person at our Wish chapter, she told they have to purchase a coupon book for their meals....I know either way it is not a big deal, it is not going to be super expensive, I just saw posts too where MAW did not pay for family memebers to go, but they did stay at GKTW, but I saw nothing about the how the food went their.

If you do come across anything, please let me know.

Oh the little 2 year old Amy and I are talking about is a friend of ours that we have both known for a couple of years that lives in FL...so Amy is going to get a wonderful visit...:banana:

Who, who??

Christine and I know a family from another message board we are both on, she is in remission from bilateral wilms tumors and she is the sweetest little girl you have ever seen. :lovestruc They just happen to live in Orlando!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter