Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Star Wars land- Under Construction Started 4/14 (rumored for Late 2019 completion) Disneyland rumored to be completed in early to mid 2017.

Typo? I know they are re-opening Rivers of Americas at DL sometime "Summer 2017", but not SWL. Would would guess even mid-2018 would be a stretch, that would be six months shorter than Cars Land (3 years) and a year shorter than Pandora (nearly 3-1/2 years if it opens on time).

Yes typo should be 2019. Thanks for catching that!

Now that it has been cleared up...sooooo excited for SWL. And I will make a trip out to see it at DL (my favorite park) before HS. Looking forward to seeing the new train trestle, etc. at DL as well.

2019 or 2018? I thought we were hearing 2018.

To be fair, there has been no offical commitment.

But if we use Cars Land and Pandora as reference, DL would be early to mid 2019. But SWL is bigger than Cars Land and needed more work on the existing park at DL. And HS studios is splitting resources building Toy Story Land as well.

When they install a new president yes this length is normal.

DH and I were wondering why it needs so long of a refurb to add one President? Why can't they build that behind the scenes and shut down the attraction for the actual installation/testing only? (I'm sure there has to be a logical reason, I just dont know it. And I have only done HoP once so I can't comment on how much it affects the entire experience to add on a President. Thanks to whoever can help :)

DH and I were wondering why it needs so long of a refurb to add one President? Why can't they build that behind the scenes and shut down the attraction for the actual installation/testing only? (I'm sure there has to be a logical reason, I just dont know it. And I have only done HoP once so I can't comment on how much it affects the entire experience to add on a President. Thanks to whoever can help :)
The AA is built behind the scenes. The new AA is already well underway is not close to being finished. Each new president gives their own speech so they need to rework the entire show to add that in. They also need to move the current/former president to a new spot in the background. All 44 of the other presidents will also get work done, fixing, and replacing things to make them work better. The show only gets a refurb every time their is a new president so they not take it down every couple years to do the minor work that other shows get.

As rteetz mentioned, it's when they take the time to do the major refurb to clean/repair everything and make show changes that affect staging and running time.

And it's not exactly an E ticket attraction, probably a large percentage of guests wouldn't even notice if it was closed forever, many others might not notice either as long as they still have access to the A/C.

As rteetz mentioned, it's when they take the time to do the major refurb to clean/repair everything and make show changes that affect staging and running time.

And it's not exactly an E ticket attraction, probably a large percentage of guests wouldn't even notice if it was closed forever, many others might not notice either as long as they still have access to the A/C.
We do this attraction every trip - "just cause..."

We were really happy to see it this past trip. It's always good to be reminded of how we came to be who we are as a country. Will be interesting to see the new version.

We do this attraction every trip - "just cause..."

We were really happy to see it this past trip. It's always good to be reminded of how we came to be who we are as a country. Will be interesting to see the new version.
My DH hasn't been to WDW in 35 years and he was really looking forward to HoP. We go the beginning of June so we will just miss it. He's really disappointed. I guess I can just use that to get him back for another trip....lol.

The AA is built behind the scenes. The new AA is already well underway is not close to being finished. Each new president gives their own speech so they need to rework the entire show to add that in. They also need to move the current/former president to a new spot in the background. All 44 of the other presidents will also get work done, fixing, and replacing things to make them work better. The show only gets a refurb every time their is a new president so they not take it down every couple years to do the minor work that other shows get.

Booking a trip for the 2nd week in August. The whole point of the trip is Pandora. Am I screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter