MAJOR Pixie Dust!!

LINDATHEPOOH

Mouseketeer
Had booked a standard room at Yacht Club for today thru Wed on the FL resident rate but when we went to check in we were taken up to the 5th floor club level!!! Beautiful room! Love the Regatta Club Lounge-better than GF SL! My fairy godmother was working overtime today!

Had booked a standard room at Yacht Club for today thru Wed on the FL resident rate but when we went to check in we were taken up to the 5th floor club level!!! Beautiful room! Love the Regatta Club Lounge-better than GF SL! My fairy godmother was working overtime today!

That's definitely some pixie dust. I hope you have a great time.

It's nicer than Sugarloaf? That's good to hear. I'll be there in about 14 days. I know you're enjoying your vacation but if you have time can you tell us what they're offering in the lounge? Thanks!

We went to the lounge at 5pm. There was a very large olive salad-green and black,caprese salad,marinated yellow beets,cucumber with smoked salmon and cream cheese,chicken skewers on a bed of wild rice,mac and cheese bites,veggies with dip,Parker rolls.pb&j cups,sliced green apples with caramel dipping sauce,assorted grain crackers and bread,assorted cubed cheeses. We don't drink so I can't review the alcohol but from what I saw there was plenty! The room itself was bright and airy and felt very welcoming, not like the GF SL which was dark and dreary. I won't be able to report on breakfast tomorrow because we're eating at the Captains Grille. If we go by the lounge later tonight I'll see what the desserts are.

We went to the lounge at 5pm. There was a very large olive salad-green and black,caprese salad,marinated yellow beets,cucumber with smoked salmon and cream cheese,chicken skewers on a bed of wild rice,mac and cheese bites,veggies with dip,Parker rolls.pb&j cups,sliced green apples with caramel dipping sauce,assorted grain crackers and bread,assorted cubed cheeses. We don't drink so I can't review the alcohol but from what I saw there was plenty! The room itself was bright and airy and felt very welcoming, not like the GF SL which was dark and dreary. I won't be able to report on breakfast tomorrow because we're eating at the Captains Grille. If we go by the lounge later tonight I'll see what the desserts are.

Wow, thank you so much for the information!

It sounds like there's a lot of variety. I don't drink either so that's okay.

Very true mousehockey37! We've never been the kind to announce every birthday,anniversary,etc. just to see what extra we can get. We're lucky enough just to be able to afford to go to Disney and then this happens! Disney Magic!

Wow that's fantastic! I've never had an upgrade at Disney , that's an amazing upgrade! Thanks for the updates on how the club level is, I've never stayed club level so I like to hear from others how it is. Enjoy your trip!

We stopped by the lounge around 9:10 to check out the desserts. There were lemon mini cupcakes,raspberry mini cupcakes, panna cotta with a raspberry on top,flourless fudge cake,Oreo fudge cake,cookies-chocolate chip,sugar,oatmeal raisin,rice crispie treats,and a decorate your own cupcake station for the kids. Also, the assorted coffees,teas,and liquers. The few items we tried were very good. The workers make this a very pleasant place to relax!

That is so great. Congrats!!! Can you take some pictures? I would be curious to see recent pictures of the lounge.

Very true mousehockey37! We've never been the kind to announce every birthday,anniversary,etc. just to see what extra we can get. We're lucky enough just to be able to afford to go to Disney and then this happens! Disney Magic!

Just because you make a room location request doesn't mean you're trying to force any "Magic". We always stay CL in suites, and pay for whatever view we want, so I don't ever expect to be upgraded because they're already getting my money lol. No need to upgrade me for free because I'm the sucker paying for it upfront. Haha.

Just because you make a room location request doesn't mean you're trying to force any "Magic".
That's not what she meant. Normal requests - view, location, etc. - are more than acceptable. If they weren't, Disney and other properties wouldn't invite them.

She means they didn't ask for the/any upgrade.

Just because you make a room location request doesn't mean you're trying to force any "Magic". We always stay CL in suites, and pay for whatever view we want, so I don't ever expect to be upgraded because they're already getting my money lol. No need to upgrade me for free because I'm the sucker paying for it upfront. Haha.

There are plenty of posters on here and other boards that start threads, continue threads, etc that go into... What can I do to get an upgrade? or How do I make sure I get upgraded?

This was a perfect example of someone paying for what they wanted (like you said) and showing up and getting a little bit more than what they paid for WITHOUT TRYING TO GET IT.

That's not what she meant. Normal requests - view, location, etc. - are more than acceptable. If they weren't, Disney and other properties wouldn't invite them.

She means they didn't ask for the/any upgrade.

I have a hard time believing people are requesting an upgrade in their room requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!