Major lens envy tonight

DVC Jen

Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks.
We went to the Plano Balloon Festival.

Whoa!

I have never seen so many huge white lenses all in one place in my life.

I want one!

LOL...I love the technical term Jen...huge white lens. Yep, ya know if they're white, they're bad on the pocket book!

LOL Jan I know the technical terms - just rarely use them. ;)

NastalgicDad - are you following us - or are we following YOU? :goodvibes

I haven't decided if the trip was worth it or not. I am severly allergic to ragweed and had been doing pretty good until last night. I am willing to bet we were sitting in a field of freshly mowed ragweed. Then having all the people walking through it - not to mention the kids who were grabbing handfuls and letting it filter through their cute lil fingers - only for the wind to catch it and blow it my direction.

I triple dosed myself on allergy meds and I am still miserable this morning. :(

So did you get some good shots? I haven't really looked at mine yet.

a sinister voice whispers in the background

"jen,jen, jen..come over to the dark side "

bwaahhhhaaa

a sinister voice whispers in the background

"jen,jen, jen..come over to the dark side "

bwaahhhhaaa

:lmao:

you are truly evil. ;) No wonder I like ya so much.

I will make my way to the dark side - eventually. I just need to figure out which one I want - and start saving those pennies for it.

I'm planning on going out tonight for the glow and then again early tomorrow morning.. My DH and I go every year - I love it!

I'm planning on going out tonight for the glow and then again early tomorrow morning.. My DH and I go every year - I love it!

It was very cool, but did a horrible number on my allergies. I am still paying for it. I am severly allergic to ragweed and had been doing OK - until yesterday evening. :(

Save some bucks, just get a little bottle of white-out and start brushing - voila, instant white lens, sure to get the other Canon shooters envious. :)

On the other hand, these guys with the giant lenses are still going to be at least two stops slower than a good ol' tiny 50mm F1.4, and probably no sharper, either - but nobody goes "ooh" when you're got a li'l old prime on your camera. :lmao:

(OK, the big zoom lenses are probably better at a balloon festival, but don't feel bad at Disney... ;) )

Save some bucks, just get a little bottle of white-out and start brushing - voila, instant white lens, sure to get the other Canon shooters envious. :)

Stop that! The hubster may see that and get ideas!

:rotfl:

Thanks for the laugh. That was good.

and, believe me, they demonstrate you don't need the "huge white lenses" to get great pictures. Beautiful shots, and I especially liked the night ones!:thumbsup2

and, believe me, they demonstrate you don't need the "huge white lenses" to get great pictures. Beautiful shots, and I especially liked the night ones!:thumbsup2

Thank you. :goodvibes

Sure would be cool to pull one of those puppies out of my camera bag though. ;) But Grouchos suggestion would probably happen first. :lmao:

We went to the Plano Balloon Festival.

Whoa!

I have never seen so many huge white lenses all in one place in my life.

I want one!

those huge whiite lenses look nice, but in a crowd of those, this custom lens stands out and gets more stares..

greenlens-vi.jpg

Sure would be cool to pull one of those puppies out of my camera bag though. ;) :

Yep, there's nothing like the look on the other photographer's faces when you mount a big L series onto the camera, and then add the extra large hood on front. Be sure to tell them "I left the big one at home today" for extra effect.

"Once you start buying L series, forever will it dominate your destiny" Yoda.

those huge whiite lenses look nice, but in a crowd of those, this custom lens stands out and gets more stares..

greenlens-vi.jpg

Nice color - put some fushia circles on it and it would blend into my DDs bedroom. ;)

Yep, there's nothing like the look on the other photographer's faces when you mount a big L series onto the camera, and then add the extra large hood on front. Be sure to tell them "I left the big one at home today" for extra effect.

"Once you start buying L series, forever will it dominate your destiny" Yoda.

that is what I am afraid of.

The pics I took were taken with either the Canon 28-135 IS or with my cheapie Quantaray 70-300.

That is something that I kind of miss after selling my 400mm F5.6 lens - it was a monster! Of course, you almost needed a monopod to even think about getting a steady shot (although I got rid of it before I got my K100D with IS, that may have helped, but the CA was unacceptable on the lens)... but it sure did look impressive, especially with the built-in lens hood extended!

I still want to pick up a vintage Zeiss 180mm F2.8 one of these days, another monster that weighs over 3 lbs...

As for that green lens, that looks like a prop from the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters ride!

That is something that I kind of miss after selling my 400mm F5.6 lens - it was a monster! Of course, you almost needed a monopod to even think about getting a steady shot (although I got rid of it before I got my K100D with IS, that may have helped, but the CA was unacceptable on the lens)... but it sure did look impressive, especially with the built-in lens hood extended!

I still want to pick up a vintage Zeiss 180mm F2.8 one of these days, another monster that weighs over 3 lbs...

As for that green lens, that looks like a prop from the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters ride!

you making fun of my lens...???:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter