Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to kill me. Leave it alone! Epcot without Spaceship Earth would be like going to Rome and the Vatican being closed for years. If it ain't broken don't fix it. And Disney has a unique talent in that their 'improvements' only make things worse. And if they close it in the near future for a couple of years it will not be open in time for the WDW 50th anniversary in any case. Why must half the park be a construction site? This has been going on a long time when before things were done gradually so you didn't get the feeling you were constantly walking into barriers. Typical bad planning on the current administration's part.

This is going to kill me. Leave it alone! Epcot without Spaceship Earth would be like going to Rome and the Vatican being closed for years. If it ain't broken don't fix it. And Disney has a unique talent in that their 'improvements' only make things worse. And if they close it in the near future for a couple of years it will not be open in time for the WDW 50th anniversary in any case. Why must half the park be a construction site? This has been going on a long time when before things were done gradually so you didn't get the feeling you were constantly walking into barriers. Typical bad planning on the current administration's part.

I think this is why they are doing it now so it will be done before the 50th. This park is classically known for having only a handful of "ride attractions" the major updates they are doing are going to help spread the crowds between the 4 parks during this major anniversary. Its going to be hectic, i take my sons every other year and this happens to be the next time we go im hoping this does spread the crowds out.

I think this is why they are doing it now so it will be done before the 50th. This park is classically known for having only a handful of "ride attractions" the major updates they are doing are going to help spread the crowds between the 4 parks during this major anniversary. Its going to be hectic, i take my sons every other year and this happens to be the next time we go im hoping this does spread the crowds out.
Spaceship Earth is expected to be down for 2-3 years. It won’t be open for the 50th or for Epcot’s 40th. Perhaps for Disney’s 100th.

Any information I've seen from insiders says SSE will NOT be done before the 50th if it does go down for refurb.

French newssite Le Parisien has published an article about a possible 3rd park in Disneyland Paris. My French is a little rusty, but what it says is that originally the decision about a 3rd park had to be taken by 2026. It's now proposed to extend this to 2036, or when the 22 million guests per year is reached. They are now at 15 million guests per year. Not all parties have signed this new proposal yet.

http://www.leparisien.fr/seine-et-m...iser-un-troisieme-parc-16-02-2020-8260791.php
*edit to add a link with English translation*
https://pixiedust.be/nieuws/first-22-million-visitors-per-year-then-a-3rd-park-at-disneyland-paris/
Also since this week you can see the plans for the Studios expansion and mainly the Frozen section at City Hall. Never knew this but apparently by French law it is required to publish your plans available to the public, when you have an expansion/project like this.
http://pixiedust.be/nieuws/a-closer-view-on-the-new-frozen-land-for-walt-disney-studios-park/

Last edited:
We are headed to the parks in early April.

Any idea of where the construction will be at that point for Epcot? Specifically the entrance area to FW?

I've been hearing some complaints about all of the fences and walls being a big downer, making the experience more confusing than it has to be.

Also just heard they will be refurbishing Cinderellas Castle at MK. Reaaaally hope there isnt a scaffolding covering the whole thing or portions of it. My wife is planing for some photos with it in the background.

We are headed to the parks in early April.

Any idea of where the construction will be at that point for Epcot? Specifically the entrance area to FW?

I've been hearing some complaints about all of the fences and walls being a big downer, making the experience more confusing than it has to be.
My guess is those construction walls are going to be there for some time to come until the major work in the middle is mostly done.

I really want to know when the Cinderella castle refurb will be finished. Do not want to be there when it is covered. I look at the pictures of the Sleeping Beauty castle covered by a scrim and to me it is a deal breaker. This was known a long time ago and to spring it now at the last minute when spring and summer plans have been made is to be generous lousy. And very greedy but what else is new?

I really want to know when the Cinderella castle refurb will be finished. Do not want to be there when it is covered. I look at the pictures of the Sleeping Beauty castle covered by a scrim and to me it is a deal breaker. This was known a long time ago and to spring it now at the last minute when spring and summer plans have been made is to be generous lousy. And very greedy but what else is new?
End of Summer 2020. Disney has said we shouldn't expect a full castle scrim either.

I wouldn't be so sure it was planned a long time ago. Disney doesn't always work like that.

Well they immediately had a rendering. You know this had to be in the design stages for a while then with a lot of thought and then approval. Then the logistics of working it out. Then you get dining offers and good summer resort rates. Then by Feb when people have made their plans they come out with it. There is to me at least a clear strategy. However I hope it is done in stages with only a partial scrim which would be at least somewhat fair(I felt bad for the guests at Disneyland.) I have plans already for the end of summer which I was highly anticipating and will wait to see how they will handle it. Strangely the week after my reservation my same standard room goes for a lot more money and I was wondering why. And I am paying rack rate. The castle is such an iconic part of my childhood and even when it is in the distance when you are anywhere near the MK it is such an assuring sight and one of the greatest pleasures of my stay.

Well they immediately had a rendering. You know this had to be in the design stages for a while then with a lot of thought and then approval. Then the logistics of working it out. Then you get dining offers and good summer resort rates. Then by Feb when people have made their plans they come out with it. There is to me at least a clear strategy. However I hope it is done in stages with only a partial scrim which would be at least somewhat fair(I felt bad for the guests at Disneyland.) I have plans already for the end of summer which I was highly anticipating and will wait to see how they will handle it. Strangely the week after my reservation my same standard room goes for a lot more money and I was wondering why. And I am paying rack rate. The castle is such an iconic part of my childhood and even when it is in the distance when you are anywhere near the MK it is such an assuring sight and one of the greatest pleasures of my stay.
Like I said above. Disney said the castle would not be in a full scrim and would not greatly impact guests experiences.

Just thought I'd ask is there any information on Harmonious, the firework show? Some sites say not till November of this year but I thought I say spring of this year?

Just thought I'd ask is there any information on Harmonious, the firework show? Some sites say not till November of this year but I thought I say spring of this year?

I remember hearing that someone was at Disney and asked a cast member and they matter-of-factly said early spring or April.

But then I heard a report it would be closer to summer. In January they moved all of the huge show barges in and they switched over all of the world showcase torches for the new show, but im not sure what else is left.

Since Space 220 has been an epic fail regarding their published opening time frame, I'm hoping we will get a surprise that Harmonious is set to launch early April when we are going :smooth:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/01/getting-ready-for-harmonious-at-epcot/

I remember hearing that someone was at Disney and asked a cast member and they matter-of-factly said early spring or April.

But then I heard a report it would be closer to summer. In January they moved all of the huge show barges in and they switched over all of the world showcase torches for the new show, but im not sure what else is left.

Since Space 220 has been an epic fail regarding their published opening time frame, I'm hoping we will get a surprise that Harmonious is set to launch early April when we are going :smooth:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/01/getting-ready-for-harmonious-at-epcot/
Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter