Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide (Read Post 1) UPDATED 1/6/20

vincep

Earning My Ears
This is going to kill me. Leave it alone! Epcot without Spaceship Earth would be like going to Rome and the Vatican being closed for years. If it ain't broken don't fix it. And Disney has a unique talent in that their 'improvements' only make things worse. And if they close it in the near future for a couple of years it will not be open in time for the WDW 50th anniversary in any case. Why must half the park be a construction site? This has been going on a long time when before things were done gradually so you didn't get the feeling you were constantly walking into barriers. Typical bad planning on the current administration's part.

jebiker852

Earning My Ears
This is going to kill me. Leave it alone! Epcot without Spaceship Earth would be like going to Rome and the Vatican being closed for years. If it ain't broken don't fix it. And Disney has a unique talent in that their 'improvements' only make things worse. And if they close it in the near future for a couple of years it will not be open in time for the WDW 50th anniversary in any case. Why must half the park be a construction site? This has been going on a long time when before things were done gradually so you didn't get the feeling you were constantly walking into barriers. Typical bad planning on the current administration's part.

I think this is why they are doing it now so it will be done before the 50th. This park is classically known for having only a handful of "ride attractions" the major updates they are doing are going to help spread the crowds between the 4 parks during this major anniversary. Its going to be hectic, i take my sons every other year and this happens to be the next time we go im hoping this does spread the crowds out.

The Pho

A heck of a paleontologist if I do say so myself
I think this is why they are doing it now so it will be done before the 50th. This park is classically known for having only a handful of "ride attractions" the major updates they are doing are going to help spread the crowds between the 4 parks during this major anniversary. Its going to be hectic, i take my sons every other year and this happens to be the next time we go im hoping this does spread the crowds out.
Spaceship Earth is expected to be down for 2-3 years. It won’t be open for the 50th or for Epcot’s 40th. Perhaps for Disney’s 100th.

Iowamomof4

DIS Veteran
Any information I've seen from insiders says SSE will NOT be done before the 50th if it does go down for refurb.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates