Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide (Read Post 1) UPDATED 1/6/20

apxstitch

Mouseketeer
I wondered about that- but would they close TT AND SE at the same time, when TT is only closed for about 6 weeks? There would really be nothing at all except soarin’ at Epcot for Adults then, when you think about it.
This is what I'm banking on, SE staying open a few extra weeks while TT is down for refurb. I'm planning an Epcot day at the beginning of February solely to ride SE as many times as possible before the long closure. Fingers crossed I'm right :) If it does close before my trip then there is not much point in going to Epcot so I will change that day to Hollywood Studios instead.

apxstitch

Mouseketeer
This is what I'm banking on, SE staying open a few extra weeks while TT is down for refurb. I'm planning an Epcot day at the beginning of February solely to ride SE as many times as possible before the long closure. Fingers crossed I'm right :) If it does close before my trip then there is not much point in going to Epcot so I will change that day to Hollywood Studios instead.
I just wish they would hurry up and announce the SE closure, my FP date is rapidly approaching!

• Amy11401

DIS Veteran
    On here it has Tron opening spring/summer 2021. I read somewhere that it can't open until after its anniversary in Shanghai which is on June 16, 2021 due to their contract. Is this true?

rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
    On here it has Tron opening spring/summer 2021. I read somewhere that it can't open until after its anniversary in Shanghai which is on June 16, 2021 due to their contract. Is this true?
    Not that I’ve heard. It may not open until around then anyways though.

• rteetz

Is there a completion date on any of the park entrances?
    They are all being done in phases. DHS is done and has been for a while. Aspects of the Epcot entrance are already done. The MK entrance work is progressing.

jemtx

Mouseketeer
    Has anyone heard more specific opening dates for these two rides? I’ve heard spring 2020 for Mickey and summer 2020 for Remy... debating a spring trip vs. early summer...
    Thanks.

• rteetz

Has anyone heard more specific opening dates for these two rides? I’ve heard spring 2020 for Mickey and summer 2020 for Remy... debating a spring trip vs. early summer...
    Thanks.
    Disney hasn’t announced anything more specific and won’t do so until they are ready. I merged you with the thread with opening date info.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates