Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the Soarin' reopen date is accurate. My fiance and I will be in Disney for a week arriving June 1st. Soarin' is my favorite ride and I would be so bummed out if it was open. :oops:

Just to play the "devil's advocate" here, will two additional rides really increase the park from half a day to a full day? I think the new night time show might help. In all honesty, I am probably in the minority as Animal Kingdom is my wife's and my least favorable park. I can see us going in mid-afternoon and staying for the light show, but for us (only), I don't see it as a full day park.

Well, not every everyone no. Honestly people who don't like looking at animals are never going to love that park.

However if as I think many do, you have a family with a mix of tastes, adding two more rides gives that part of the family a lot more to do while someone like me is riding the Safari or just taking photos of the tigers. It rounds out he park better. Not perfectly, but better.

If you want to argue by number of rides then technically only the Magic Kingdom is a full day park.

On the topic of completion dates ... or start dates ... have any walls gone up yet in DHS?

There were some predictions made last autumn that walls would go up immediately after the new year, just wondering if it came true ...

On the topic of completion dates ... or start dates ... have any walls gone up yet in DHS?

There were some predictions made last autumn that walls would go up immediately after the new year, just wondering if it came true ...
Walls up around Pizza Planet and work is underway there. Walls up around premiere theater but no visible work there yet. Warehouses being cleared out in back of DHS and some dismantling of catastrophe canyon going in behind the scenes.

I'd imagine major work doesn't happen until LMA closes in April.

If you want to argue by number of rides then technically only the Magic Kingdom is a full day park.

Agreed-including US or IOA as well. However we only do 1/2 days at MK anyway-esp with FP+ and pool breaks.

apologies if this was covered, but didn't see it in the first post .... is there any news on if/when Animal Kingdom will have later hours for the nighttime safari and for Rivers of Light? Looking for our trip in July and it still lists the park closing at 5pm. Is that how it always will be or are they just not going to update hours until things are officially open?

apologies if this was covered, but didn't see it in the first post .... is there any news on if/when Animal Kingdom will have later hours for the nighttime safari and for Rivers of Light? Looking for our trip in July and it still lists the park closing at 5pm. Is that how it always will be or are they just not going to update hours until things are officially open?
No, that will likely be announced when they officially announce an opening date for RoL.

Does anyone know... Will the new Frozen meet and greet area be opening up with the Frozen Ever After ride, or is that separate?

I know there was some confusion earlier about the BTMR refurb, but is it pretty much confirmed that it'll be down this spring/summer? Anybody staying on-site in early April even have it as a FP option?

I know there was some confusion earlier about the BTMR refurb, but is it pretty much confirmed that it'll be down this spring/summer? Anybody staying on-site in early April even have it as a FP option?
It is confirmed to be down.

Thx for starting this thread. Will be following closely. Going again June 4th to 12th - SOOO hoping that they announce firm dates & open FP+ booking for the new Soarin' and for the nighttime safari, new RoL and extend the AK park hours by the time my FP+ window opens. I despise when I spend the time getting everything all planned out from FP's to ADR's and then they go & change the hours & don't have the FP's open for the things we want. Just makes for double the work and is so time consuming to re-organize everything. I would love to be able to plan an evening with a TS meal at AK too before I go planning out every single minute of our trip.

Thx for starting this thread. Will be following closely. Going again June 4th to 12th - SOOO hoping that they announce firm dates & open FP+ booking for the new Soarin' and for the nighttime safari, new RoL and extend the AK park hours by the time my FP+ window opens. I despise when I spend the time getting everything all planned out from FP's to ADR's and then they go & change the hours & don't have the FP's open for the things we want. Just makes for double the work and is so time consuming to re-organize everything. I would love to be able to plan an evening with a TS meal at AK too before I go planning out every single minute of our trip.
We are dealing with this exact issue. Going 6/4-6/11.

Hours are extended for our dates....just checked. Open til 8pm now.

Please to see they have extended the hours...sadly can't change ADR reservations yet...will the new AK restaurant open around the same time as ROL?
As soon as I saw the extended hours, I had my TA check on changing our Yak & Yeti ADR to later but I guess it will take some time before all that occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter