Main Street for 8AM Opening

LuckyAshley

Earning My Ears
If Magic Kingdom opens at 8:00am, what time do they open up Main Street and what is available (mostly interested in a Starbucks coffee and a nice picture in front of the castle - any photographers there that early?) ... also, any tips for getting to 7DMT. I'm hoping the wait won't be long if we're rope dropping it.

If Magic Kingdom opens at 8:00am, what time do they open up Main Street and what is available (mostly interested in a Starbucks coffee and a nice picture in front of the castle - any photographers there that early?) ... also, any tips for getting to 7DMT. I'm hoping the wait won't be long if we're rope dropping it.
On another 8:00a opening thread, info from Josh/easywdw was reported: guests will enter at approximately 7:45a.

Main Street Bakery/Starbucks will be open.

They open the gates 7:45ish. The welcome show is at the castle stage at 7:55. Starbucks should be open by the time you get there and Photopass photographers likely out as well. You don’t have a ton of time to play with here, so Starbucks might not be in the cards for you if there’s any sort of line AND you want to get to 7DMT.

For 7DMT, take the path towards Fantasyland (towards Tea Cups). If you’re trying to beat the RD crowd, you want to be hovering around the “rope” to that bridge before/during the welcome show.

Since you can't get in until 7:45, I would try to be there by 7:20 to be near the front of the crowd, then head straight to the Fantasyland rope. I would not bother with Starbucks, 10 minutes spent there could equal 45 minutes in line at 7DMT.

Any time to stop for a couple pictures in front of the castle? Or is there a better time in the day to do that.

Any time to stop for a couple pictures in front of the castle? Or is there a better time in the day to do that.

If you find a PhotoPass photographer without a line, you could stop quickly for a picture and then continue on your way. If they all have lines (even short ones), I'd come back for the photo after you ride 7DMT.

There's a primary WDW truism...

Something (some one thing) must take top priority.
If a guest waters down that A-1 priority by doing anything else...

(I am ashamed to admit just how many times I tried to "modify" that truism, and lost.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter