Main Street Bakery closing date

I've never seen starbucks serve cinnamon rolls! & I doubt most of their stuff is fresh! We were just at the MSB on Friday & the line was HUGE! Why would anyone wait in a long line for bakery items to take home when there is a starbucks around every corner at home? This is a tragedy to the Magic Kingdom!!

Coach Rick said:
Ok, take it a step further, is Tony's Town Square about to become Olive Garden? How about Le Cellier, maybe Outback?

Way I see it, people pay upward of $90 for a day in Disney only to be greeted by commercial USA... Yes, I know we had McDonalds french fries at WDW before, but it wasn't replacing what I think of as a Disney institution.

you mean the Sara Lee bakery?

I am very saddened by this news, as well. Ever since I was a little girl, it was a tradition for my family to stop in the MSB for breakfast whenever we visited the Magic Kingdom. We still go there every trip! ::yes::

I would be perfectly alright with adding Starbucks coffee to the already existing menu, but I don't see the point in eliminating the bakery altogether. Disney is disregarding the memories and traditions of a lot of families with this move. Nostalgia is what keeps me going back to MSB - and the cinnamon rolls.

Maybe Disney will listen to the fan outcry this time?

So ridiculous. they are not "eliminating the bakery altogether." nothing like a good strawman.

Starbucks!!!!!! I love Starbucks....BUT... not as much as MSB!!!They should have chosen another area!!! Main St. Bakery was one of our favorites!!! :( Now, WHY would they close a place that not only had great breakfast choices (french toast loaf) and great sandwiches and replace it as a Starbucks???????????:confused3

Starbucks!!!!!! I love Starbucks....BUT... not as much as MSB!!!They should have chosen another area!!! Main St. Bakery was one of our favorites!!! :( Now, WHY would they close a place that not only had great breakfast choices (french toast loaf) and great sandwiches and replace it as a Starbucks???????????:confused3

1) once again i repeat, it's not closing
2) they haven't had the french toast loaf for a long time

freshmanjs said:
MSB is not closing. this thread is ridiculous.

freshmanjs said:
So ridiculous. they are not "eliminating the bakery altogether." nothing like a good strawman.

first of all, no need to get into a tizzy over this. second of all, if this thread is so ridiculous to you then why bother posting or even reading it?

And finally, thanks for the private message but there's no need to take it that far! You really think id take it as far as calling Starbucks to find out if you're an employee? now that's ridiculous.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

This is another case of the Sky is Falling on these forums. People take just a small part of the story and get all upset.

Disney World and Disneyland has for years had corporate sponsors, it is how they remain open.

They will serve Starbucks coffee. I don't like coffee but I do like their hot apple cider and I sure many like the hot chocolate. I personally like their pastries, especially the scones. Seems I have seen many threads on this forum about how horrible the coffee is at the parks, I guess they listened.

The Disney blog, which by the way would be a much better place to get official info than here, has stated that many of the favorites including those artery clogging cinnamon rolls are not leaving the park. They will be offered in Gaston's Tavern.

So calm down and carry on. :)

Not sure if this has been posted but Disney addressed some concerns yesterday. They said most of the same treats will still be available at the bakery/Starbucks. The cinnamon rolls are available at gastons and the ice cream sandwiches will be at the plaza ice cream shop and sleepy hollow. YAY!

So maybe this will put most of us at ease now. same treats, different look with better coffee. its not the best coffee around but it will do. Plus, it will be nice to be able to get a fancy coffee for a change. something Disney really needed.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/11/13/analyzing-the-disney-parks-starbucks-announcement/

Sent from my Galaxy SII

1) once again i repeat, it's not closing
2) they haven't had the french toast loaf for a long time

While it is not closing and it will have several of their baked "goodies" there, I just personally prefer them not to change it at all. I like my tradition of my cinnamon roll there with my family before we start our day, but now it's in gaston's tavern. Not nearly as convenient. I know everyone doesn't feel this way, but that's ok. We are all entitled to either be happy, sad, or whatever it may be. I just thought it was good the way it was... however, the french toast loaf would've been great to have back. :rolleyes1

To me Main Street Bakery is to MK as Fenway is to Boston. I really hate to see it change in anyway even if it does bring in a popular coffee. :confused3

indigoxtreme said:
I cannot stand Starbucks coffee It taste Burnt. Not mellow and rich.

Lol. I agree with you. But when im desperate and there's nothing else, i will drink it. Their specialty drinks are a tad better than their brewed coffee. So is the Americano. Its half decent.

But the lattes are so milky, not much coffee taste in there. I ask for a double shot.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

fine with me if they close it...we have been severely disappointed over the last 2 years with the quality of the baked goods at Main Street Bakery. They went to mass-producing baked goods & then storing them in refridgerated coolers...then putting the trays directly into the display cases without heating them up. So the baked items were served cold and stale more often than not. The ooey-gooey cinnamon rolls? NOT. The frosting was hard & cracked off...the rolls were so stale they were like styrofoam. We quit going there a good 6 months ago after yet another disappointing visit there.

Hopefully they'll get fresh pastries with the Starbucks.:thumbsup2

Yummy - never had a bad ooey-gooey cinnamon roll there yet! Every trip at least 2-3 times we have them and they have all been moist and delicious. None of our other purchases there have been stale either - you must have really caught an off day! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter