Main Entrance Operations

disneygal96

Earning My Ears
I recently applied for the Disney College Program for Fall 2016. I was really interested in children's activities or character attendant, yet my interviewer was really adamant on getting me into the parking role, which is now under the domain of attractions. I ended up being accepted for attractions, and I'm pretty terrified I am going to get parking attendant since it is the only "attraction" we even talked about.

If I get main entrance operations, does that include turnstiles and parking? Or is there the possibility that I could be stuck in just parking. Also, I keep seeing things about Main Street operations. Is that the same thing, just in magic kingdom? I feel so certain I got placed in parking and that was possibly my last choice.

What you discuss in your interview won't necessarily guarantee what role and location you'll end up in. In my phone interview a few years ago, we talked mainly about QSFB and Merchandise, and I ended up being accepted in Full-Service Food. One of my roommates has a lot of experience working with animals, so when she was accepted into attractions she honestly expected to work at Kilimanjaro Safari, but ended up in Storybook Circus instead. Of course, you still could end up in parking, but there's no point stressing about it until you know for sure.

I don't know if what you discuss in your interview is an indication of what area you'll get. In mine we talked all about Big Thunder Mountain and Jungle Cruise for attractions and then talked about the Character Attendant role but then I ended up at Phenius and Ferb World Showcase Adventure. That isn't to say you won't get parking but unfortunately there is nothing you can do about the position you get and can either stay and make the best of it when you find out or you can go home.

Main Street Operations is the cars and trollys in the morning and then crowd control for the parades and fireworks. It is not parking (unless that changed since I did Main Street Ops).

My son was main entrance and he worked the gates entering the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter