Maho Beach chair rentals

kw22

Earning My Ears
Hoping someone will know if there are beach chair and umbrella rentals available at Maho Beach in St. Maarten?

Thanks!

I'll add this beach goes thru an unusual cycle. Sometimes it is mostly sandy as shown in above video. Other times it is all rocks and has very little sand.
The mostly all rock configuration is what we usually encounter in the fall. :confused3 But that doesn't stop us. It makes it challenging to enter the water, but .... Also the waves can be small and child friendly, other times the strongest swimmers may question entering.

There is a larger sandy beach as seen in video on the north side of this bay, which has been present on all our visits, even when it was all rocks by the road/runway.

We always visit Maho when in town. :thumbsup2

Enjoy

Thanks for the answers! Does anyone happen to know where you get the rentals? Perhaps at one of the bars?

We will be going in a few weeks.. Hope the beach isn't too rocky then.

Studying the video, the chair rentals must be right at the bar on the south side of the bay, as you suspect. I'm sure there are also rentals on the north side too.

When we arrived, we just walked onto the beach (sandy at the time of our visit in April 2012) and were approached by one of the staff asking if we would like to rent chairs and/or an umbrella.

My DH says they were quite expensive to rent, especially as we were only there for an hour or two, but it was worth it as it was very hot and sunny and I burn easily.

We were there last April and we'll be back in three weeks. You can rent chairs and/or chairs/umbrellas from the Sunset Bar and Grill. They were $10 for the day per chair or $20 for two chairs and an umbrella or something along those lines. The charge is for the full day. If you are only going to be there for an hour or two there are also picnic tables at the bar/grill that you can use.

We were there last April and we'll be back in three weeks. You can rent chairs and/or chairs/umbrellas from the Sunset Bar and Grill. They were $10 for the day per chair or $20 for two chairs and an umbrella or something along those lines. The charge is for the full day. If you are only going to be there for an hour or two there are also picnic tables at the bar/grill that you can use.

You're right on from my experiences. While I lived in St. Maarten I never paid more than $5 for a chair and umbrella but perhaps I got the local rate. I would just say you know some locals and they told me not to pay more than $20 for 2 chairs and an umbrella. It's not a fib cause now you know me. Anyway, the busyness or not dictates the price they get. Have Fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter