Magnets for Concierge Doors

To be clear on a point we seem to have gotten away from: heavy-duty magnets--the kind you have to pull hard to lift up--WILL work on concierge doors. Just buy a handful before your trip and use those to hold up your decorations.
Either way, you'll have a blast. :)

Does anyone know where you can buy heavy duty magnets? I want to be able to decorate our door and not have to worry about things falling down.

Does anyone know where you can buy heavy duty magnets? I want to be able to decorate our door and not have to worry about things falling down.

I got mine at Michaels. We also took the precaution of putting a thin piece of tissue paper between the magnet and the door. So if someone decided to move them, or wind in the hall caused them to move, they would not scratch the door. They just fall to the ground.

I bought small round ones at JoAnn's (I think they came 6 or 8 to a package). We used these to reinforce our magnets on the Wonder because, as someone stated, all the repainting of the doors has made it harder for the magnets to stay put.

They are really small and I put them in the corners of the design magnets so they are not directly on the door.

I got mine at Michaels. We also took the precaution of putting a thin piece of tissue paper between the magnet and the door. So if someone decided to move them, or wind in the hall caused them to move, they would not scratch the door. They just fall to the ground.

Thanks for the info. The tissue paper is also a good idea. I wouldn't want to accidentally damage the doors either.

Would anybody think that these are strong enough? We're currently on Deck 7 but intend to have a punt at getting a Concierge upgrade on the day. Ordinarily I'd just use magnetic paper but that appears a non-starter in this instance

I'm glad I read this, my 1st cruise is 2/24 and we r sailing concierge too.

I was abt to make magnets & fe's but now I'm considering skipping the magnets.

I found some heavy duty magnets at Home Depot. Will try them on our cruise. I invested a lot of time making special decorations to surprise my family, especially my grandchildren. Wish me luck!

Would anybody think that these are strong enough? We're currently on Deck 7 but intend to have a punt at getting a Concierge upgrade on the day. Ordinarily I'd just use magnetic paper but that appears a non-starter in this instance

They definitely look like they would be strong enough.:)

Concierge looks less likely now, there only look like there are 2 rooms available now. Think I'll be putting a small amount of masking tape on the magnets, they look seriously strong and I wouldn't want to scratch the door

It was allowed, and the concierges loved the idea.

Take a look at the construction photos and look at the post it notes on the doors.....

The concierge are not going to say anything, they are in the service industry.

DCL has made this request:

More and more guests are choosing to express their family pride and enthusiasm for Disney Cruise Line by decorating their stateroom doors aboard our ships.

As you might imagine, it is very important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests.

As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that guests no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape.

We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on the stateroom doors and therefore ask that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY GEL DECORATIONS...THEY DISCOLOR THE DOORS AND FURNITURE.

That's from the "Sticky: IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!" thread posted by Webmaster Pete over 2 years ago.

I found some heavy duty magnets at Home Depot. Will try them on our cruise. I invested a lot of time making special decorations to surprise my family, especially my grandchildren. Wish me luck!

Good luck and have a WONDERful FANTASTIC cruise! :wizard::wizard:

Your grandchildren will love em! :banana:

DCL has made this request:

More and more guests are choosing to express their family pride and enthusiasm for Disney Cruise Line by decorating their stateroom doors aboard our ships.

As you might imagine, it is very important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests.

As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that guests no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape.

We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on the stateroom doors and therefore ask that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY GEL DECORATIONS...THEY DISCOLOR THE DOORS AND FURNITURE.

That's from the "Sticky: IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!" thread posted by Webmaster Pete over 2 years ago.

And its important to note that the Concierges allowed the post it notes. They didnt damage the doors at all, and its the same thing that was no the doors during the construction of the ship!

The big concern is the adhesives like the little gel dots and residue leaving things that damage the doors.

Sometimes people go overboard and prohibit anything not realizing that they have missed things that comply with the intent of the prohibition. Years later still allowing it only shows that the old policy was relaxed.

They enforce the rules not allowing non concierge guests into the lounge, they enforce the rules that dont allow no concierge guests onto the sun deck, etc.......

They do enforce the rules that are important, even in the service industry.

We stayed in concierge last year on the Fantasy. We made a lot of cute magnets for our door including the Mickey ears around the stateroom number. We thought we got heavy duty magnets but not one of them stuck to the door. We're sailing again in April and now I'm considering using the post it idea. I've never seen large sheets! Such a great idea! :hyper:

One could be mistaken for not realizing they are post it's and think anything is ok thou?

I would just go with what DCL ask (if you know) and be happy!
If you dont know, then its up to you to pay for the damage as you would on land if you stuck a thumb tac in a door or used duct tape on a wall.

I'll make some cute things and then keep them in my suitcase til I check with the hosts in concierge. They can decide if we use them or not. Lets face it, most of the time we make them to give us something to do before we go anyways!!

I'll make some cute things and then keep them in my suitcase til I check with the hosts in concierge. They can decide if we use them or not. Lets face it, most of the time we make them to give us something to do before we go anyways!!

haha!
As long as they give you pleasure then all is good!

I suspect something was said to a passenger on my Dec cruise. There was a wreath hung with a 3M plastic hook on a stateroom door. A few days in it had been moved and hung from the fish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter