MagicBands and Getting an Annual Pass

KJTex

Mouseketeer
We are staying offsite for a trip in November. On our first day at DisneyWorld, I am planning on upgrading our tickets to annual passes. Will we get magicbands at the same time that we upgrade our passes?

No you have to order them online once you have paid for the AP.

Well that’s what I thought but when I wrote that recently somebody posted that I was wrong - you can get one there (although it wouldn’t have the personal inscription).

Well that’s what I thought but when I wrote that recently somebody posted that I was wrong - you can get one there (although it wouldn’t have the personal inscription).
You CAN get an AP MagicBand during the trip in which you get your new AP.
Just go to the Liberty Square Ticket Center (next to Hall of Presidents) in MK and choose your new MB.
(And correct, it won't have the "personal inscription.")

Last edited:
Will the guest center in Liberty Square have the orange passholder "clip"?
When we were offered MBs while upgrading in January we were not offered the clip... Having said that, at the time, clips were out of stock completely as I understand it. We chose to wait and eventually ordered our MBs online when we knew the clips were available.

Is this new-ish? We were not offered MB’s when we upgraded at Epcot last year.
Epcot does not "offer" MBs for APs.
The only place in all of WDW (of which I am aware) that you can get a MB for a new AP is at MK, and only at the Liberty Square Ticket Office, near Hall of Presidents.

It does not matter where you got your new AP, you can go to MK's Liberty Square Ticket Office and request a MB for use with that AP.

The AP magic band is tied to the person with the AP, correct? My daughter has turned 3 since our last trip (2018), so I was wondering if I could tie the new magic band to her account instead of buying her one and I would end up with 2 magic bands. Or reregister my original band to her?

The AP magic band is tied to the person with the AP, correct? My daughter has turned 3 since our last trip (2018), so I was wondering if I could tie the new magic band to her account instead of buying her one and I would end up with 2 magic bands. Or reregister my original band to her?
You say that she "turned 3" since your last trip.
If you stayed on-site and she was on your last trip, she should have received a MB along with everyone else.

To answer directly, once a MB has been "assigned" to a guest, a guest cannot reassign
it to another guest.
The trick would be if your new AP MB would be given to you, "unassigned" (unlikely, but you could ask.)
(There is a procedure that Disney can use to reassign MBs, but it is not a common occurrence.)

You say that she "turned 3" since your last trip.
If you stayed on-site and she was on your last trip, she should have received a MB along with everyone else.

To answer directly, once a MB has been "assigned" to a guest, a guest cannot reassign
it to another guest.
The trick would be if your new AP MB would be given to you, "unassigned" (unlikely, but you could ask.)
(There is a procedure that Disney can use to reassign MBs, but it is not a common occurrence.)

Thanks! I figured we would need to get hers. She turned 3 six months after our trip and we stayed at Shades of Green so purchased our own MBs last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter