MagicBand+ at Walt Disney World *NOW AVAILABLE!!!*

Would be interested to hear more from those using MB+.
Listening to the Dis podcast yesterday, there doesn't seem to be enough there to make me want to upgrade from our current bands. Sounds like younger kids would have a lot of fun with MB+, adults, maybe not so much.
We've concluded MB+ for our 6 year old, regular MBs for the parents.

Do you guys think that Orange Bird one is fine for a guy? I know that's a very personal choice, and the colors are more feminine but it's neat that it's an orange on the main design. I'm down to the Toy Story, Millennium Falcon gray star wars, black Mickey, and Orange Bird. Had just weeded out Up.

My friend agreed that the black Mickey would look cool lit up due to the black background and side design colors, but hesitant due to it being hot from the sun. I never felt my black watch was super hot. We were both surprised no Marvel. Would have liked a Figment.
My husband asked for the Orange Bird, so that's what I ordered for him. It's such a fun one. He was also eyeing the pink snacks one. ;-)

What time did you order them? Curious if there is a rhyme or reason to shipping times. Your stay is before mine. I ordered at 1:30 eastern but my order says 5:30 am pacific which is an hour off from when I actually ordered (my order wouldn’t go through and it still charged my card so I wasted a good 20 minutes with how I wanted to deal with that which delayed me). Anyway just trying to see if there is any pattern here which might give me a clue about my own (I am just kidding myself as I know it is prob purely random but I might as well do something while I wait lol). My daughter has already decided which one she will buy when we go if ours don’t come. We will just buy one to kind of share with activities and use old magic bands too.
The order history shows order time in UTC not Pacific time (at least mine does). If you're in the Eastern time zone, Eastern Daylight is UTC minus 4. So 1:30 AM EDT is 5:30 AM UTC.

I ordered on July 31st in the morning. Still processing, which is what is expected based on what I am seeing here. The problem is that I need to now cancel that reservation, because I finally got a conference rate reservation, with the same dates and same hotel, but different reservation number. I don't want to cancel my first reservation until the darn MB+ bands ship. 🤦‍♀️

I ordered on July 31st in the morning. Still processing, which is what is expected based on what I am seeing here. The problem is that I need to now cancel that reservation, because I finally got a conference rate reservation, with the same dates and same hotel, but different reservation number. I don't want to cancel my first reservation until the darn MB+ bands ship. 🤦‍♀️
If you cancel, I don't think the MB order will be cancelled. that is handled by shopdisney.com, and is already in process.

Update: my magicband+'s were waiting at the resort. I never got a confirmation email or arrived notification. It still just shows as 'shipped' in MDE with the tracking number being glitched. I just asked the cast member and crossed my fingers. For what it's worth I was assigned a room # since I pre-checked in and could have gone straight there with my phone unlock, but I got a push notification telling me to check in at the front desk so maybe that was a MB notification, I'm not sure 🤷‍♀️

Didn't see many MB+'s while toodling around Riverside today but we will see how busy the bounty stuff is at HS tomorrow 🤗

Important info:
Vader and Tink band- finicky to no connection (Android)
Princess band- Bluetooth connected great (Android)
Millennium Falcon band- bluetooth connected great on iPhone but updated slow
Mandalorian-okay to finicky connection (Android)

I think I might try factory resetting the slow ones because during update they were interrupted, I think they didn't *actually* finish updating

Update: my magicband+'s were waiting at the resort. I never got a confirmation email or arrived notification. It still just shows as 'shipped' in MDE with the tracking number being glitched. I just asked the cast member and crossed my fingers. For what it's worth I was assigned a room # since I pre-checked in and could have gone straight there with my phone unlock, but I got a push notification telling me to check in at the front desk so maybe that was a MB notification, I'm not sure 🤷‍♀️

Didn't see many MB+'s while toodling around Riverside today but we will see how busy the bounty stuff is at HS tomorrow 🤗

Important info:
Vader and Tink band- finicky to no connection (Android)
Princess band- Bluetooth connected great (Android)
Millennium Falcon band- bluetooth connected great on iPhone but updated slow
Mandalorian-okay to finicky connection (Android)

I think I might try factory resetting the slow ones because during update they were interrupted, I think they didn't *actually* finish updating
Thanks for the feedback on the specific bands! Have a great vacation!

My update is that my MB+ was indeed at my resort even though I checked in at 9am. I had pretty much the same experience as Karst. Could have gone straight to my room, but I did get a text to go to the desk about my reservation. The CM checked my family’s bands and let me know that I can use another band I have and brought interchangeably with my mb+ which is helpful when changing. I was able to charge it while we ate breakfast since we already had our room, but I did come prepared with a external battery too.

I have the fireworks band and Apple, so no help with the Android situation.

Still unsure if I want to get one since we are not doing parks for our trip next month, it’s the resort stay discount that’s making me think about getting one at least. We just have so many old MBs.

Does anyone know if the MB+ will light up for fireworks outside the parks? We are staying at GF/YC so I do have a chance for both firework shows.

I ordered yesterday at 10:57 am EDT. I received a confirmation email at 10:58 am EDT. However, the email said my order was placed at 2:58 pm PT! That is some time machine the Imagineers have come up with.

I ordered yesterday at 10:57 am EDT. I received a confirmation email at 10:58 am EDT. However, the email said my order was placed at 2:58 pm PT! That is some time machine the Imagineers have come up with.

Yeah mine was off an hour too. Someone said they meant UTC time which is 4 hours off but mine clearly said PT so idk

Broke and ordered ours. We knew we were ordering new bands for the trip and I figured why not? I'm excited to try them out!

I'm sure this has been covered, sorry. Are the MB+ about the same price for AP purchased at the parks vs. the $34.99 pre-arrival discount online. If 20% discount at the parks for AP, I think that would be $9 off $45 = $36, pre tax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter