magical opinions for leaving

aimjay

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. Our flight leaves at 4:19pm on 12/18 and I wanted to do a park for awhile that day. What time would I have to catch the magical express at the resort to make my plane? Or would it be better to rent a cab? and how much would that be? Thanks!!:santa::dance3:

DME usually picks up 3 hours prior to your flight's departure, so you're looking at about a 1 p.m. pick up. I've only used DME three times, but they've used the 3 hour guide each time. Keep in mind that I usually fly Southwest; other airlines may be different if they partner with Disney.

I've never toured a park on departure day and I've either used DME or had a rental for those times, so I don't know how much a taxi would be. I have read here that a cab from MCO to WDW isn't super expensive so the reverse would have to be similar in price. You could save yourself about an hour if you took a cab -- you'd still need to be leaving for MCO around 2:00 for your 4:19 flight -- but I don't know if it would be worth it for you to burn a ticket for only part of the day.

As the other poster indicated ME picks you up aprox 3 hours prior to your flight time.
You can take a cab, which will give you less than an hour in a park. The cost will depend on traffic on the way to the airport but I will expect the cost to be about $55 plus tip.
I always go to the MK on my last day. I have an AP so the extra day is not a problem for me. But even when I travel with family I buy and extra day, the cost is minimal and well worth the cost.
I get up and hit the park at rope drop and then I make plans to be at the park bus stop and hour before my listed ME departure time. This has always given me time to get to my resort and get my luggage from bell services.

At taxi will cost @ 50 plus tip and save you about 1/2 hour.

MCO recommends that passengers arrive 2 hours prior to flight departure time and it takes at least 30 minutes from WDW to MCO so a taxi or towncar saves you about 30 minutes.

Although, if your flying a participating airline and can use the resort check in you could save a little more time by leaving directly from the park. Still not worth the $ in my opinion but may well be for others.

Your pickup time will be around 1:15 or so. You are assigned to that particular bus, so you can't plan to take a later one. You need to be out at the bus stop, ready to go, about 15 mins prior to the time given. That time you are given is the time the bus leaves, not the time you should be walking up to the bus stop.....many have made that mistake.
You have a few choices...you can head to a park (I try to go to one that has early EMHs that morning) but you will need to start heading out of the park by 11:45, noon at the latest.
You could have a car service pick you up at the park...giving you a bit of extra time in the park. But, you would have to have been able to use RAC for your checked bags and then carry any carryon bags with you to the park.
Or...use a car service from the resort back to MCO...that would have you getting picked up around 2:30. But, a car service is going to be similar in cost to a cab....$50-60.

:goodvibes Thanks for the idea's so far. What car service do you guys use? How much is it to use a taxi or car service to get to and from parks to resort in general? :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter