"magical moments" on the ships! Did you get one? Here is ours...

mddisneyfamily

Mouseketeer
Magical Moments at sea. I'm curious to know what kind of pixie dust Disney has been sprinkling on-board in the form of magical moments. I'm not talking about upgrades or other monetary items, but the small, out of the ordinary things Disney does to make vacations extra special. I'd love to hear yours!

Here is ours...

Last month on the Dream my 9 year old son was chosen to be the "official pin trader of the cruise" (I had no idea they did things like this). He was asked by a CM the first night of the cruise if he was interested after he asked some questions about on-board trading at the gift shop. Of course he said yes! The next day he received an official invitation to be part of the Captain's pin trading event that would take place the last night of the cruise. He was beyond excited! At the event the officers and CM's made him feel so special. He was given a lanyard filled with pins and got to stand next to the officers, trading with the guests. Boy, did he think he was cool. ;-) He left the evening with a magical memories certificate, some new pins and fond memories to last a lifetime (We got some great pictures but I can't figure out how to post them from my iPad).

On our last cruise which was just about 2 months ago...
More of our pixie dust came from fellow Disers. We have had a pretty rough year in our house with medical issues. My DH had a stint in the hospital over the summer because he had a bacterial infection in his leg that even the big gun IV antibiotics weren't killing and it required surgery and then several weeks of recovery on a wound vac. I have had 2 back surgeries in the last 16 months and my 2nd one was not successful. I am still in search of pain relief from this nerve pain that I suffer from daily. We had several Diser's who did nice things for us to help make our cruise just a little more special. And I appreciated each and every thing they did. I lost door magnets right before we left. Two wonderful Diser's made us FANTASTIC magnets and Tons of them!! Another Diser I met, was eligible to buy many of the extra 'surprise' pins and offered them to me. And there were other things too...
As far as CMs go... My pixie dust there probably would be that we got a ressie at Palo. I really think he opened up a spot specifically for us. When he told me all he had left was on Wed, I said I just couldn't do Wed, that was my DD's 16th Bday and I couldn't leave her to eat alone. He said Absolutely Not. And then amazingly enough he said he opened an extra table on Tues for us would that work? I said Certainly! But I did not want anyone being put out. We love Palo, but if it didn't work this cruise it wasn't the end of the world. There was always next time. He said it was his pleasure to make it work for us. He even stopped by our table during our meal to see how we were. I'm not sure what position he held on board, but he certainly was attentive/helpful!! :goodvibes

We had a CM provide some extra magic, and service, on the last night of our 5 night on the Dream.

I kept checking the Navigators for a "scrapbooking" session, as we had experienced on our other 7 night cruises. It was usually hosted by the future cruise sales folks along with the entertainment staff. It was evident by the last day, that no such even was going to take place. So, I inquired at guest services. I explained that I loved the session for the free memorabilia to use for scrapbooking--I scan and do everything digitally. I was asked our stateroom number, etc.

Well, while at dinner, CM Scott found us in the dining room and presented me with an envelop full of Navigators and other items that could be used for scrapbooking. He made my day! This kind of service is just one of the many reasons we have sailed with Disney 4 times and have a reservation for a 5th!

That is so sweet - and very cool too!! Awesome stories and like others have stated, just another reason to love Disney! :lovestruc

Heather

So far we have been on 9 DCL cruises with our next three booked for 2012. We have had lots of pixie dust.

My daughter's friend was picked for
Pin trading

We brought my niece one year and when Minnie saw they had on the same sailor outfit she practically ran down the hallway to her and my niece ran to her. They had a wonderful 10 minutes all by themselves.

On my 15th anniversary, we received a special moments certificate from someone in the shop that overheard us talking about it.

My daughter received a certificate and a pin left at the door for being "the sweetest girl on board" after helping a cast member pick up something that someone else dropped.

I received a certificate for finishing the 5k at CC. My first ever and I was the last one to finish. The CM had to go back and run the last bit with me while encouraging me.

We have been giving number 2 boarding times almost every time from a CM even after getting a higher number when we initially arrived.

My favorite was when CM David made a point by finding my husband on the last night of the cruise and sitting on his lap in his tutu after I casually mentioned that I love it when he gets embarrassed.

While I have been upgraded a few times and that was very nice, I remember the special moments that involved the CM's the most.

I love pixie dust, too! Here are mine...

On our MR last January- Our room steward made our girls "family of the cruise" winners and put princess sheets on their beds the last night and made a huge basket of toileteries (aloe, shower gel, etc.) wrapped up with DCL ribbon.

On our 2nd cruise our waiter from our first saw me in a distance and called for me acrossed BBB. It wasn't a gift, but SUPER cool he remembered me/us.

I know not quite pixie dust, but I have won several drawings. Getting goodies like: free picture coupons, bags, hats, etc.

Several times we have recieved a boarding #2 or #3...this was before specififc port arrival times.

Another nice touch...one time our drink server "Aki" (now works on the Dream as a hostess for Remy and Palo- we were happy to see her there) made origami for our girls at dinner. She made a bird which was a sign for wellness when one is sick (our oldest stayed in bed instead of coming to dinner). On the last day she taught the girls how to make an origami box.

Even the little things like the room steward and dining servers calling us by name make it special.

Our room steward brought me a vase for my Remy rose without me asking.
Our server at Palo (brunch) sent us out with a plate full of sweets for the girls. He remembered us from a different ship, then said he would be our server for Dinner, too. That night he sent us out with 2 extra souffles for the girls!!! Yum

Most of my magical moments are little sweet happenings throught the day!:love:

On our first DC last March aboard the Magic. My sister and I were standing behind a single Dad & his two daughters waiting to enter Animator's Palate for the scrapbooking class on a sea day. The girls were collecting a set of pins and were each missing Pluto. We each had a spare Pluto, we were missing Stitch. We wonk at each other & took it upon ourselves to share some Disney Magic. We casually wove into the conversation state room information & numbers. Later that day we packaged our two extra Pluto pins and delivered them to their stateroom. Giggling and all smiles it was such fun to give someone a magical moment/memory. You would think we were spies or something the way we stealthy dropped off their pins.

It gets better...

The next day when we returned from spending all day in port we found a certificate & two Stitch pins attached to our fish extender. It was from a CM in the gift shop. Apparently the girls and their father spoke with a couple of CM's in the gift shop about the magic someone had shared with them. Apparently one of the gift shop CM's overheard my sister and yakking about it while we were shopping so they had a pretty good idea who the two pixies were. SO they took it upon themselves to thank us and share a magical moment with us.
Made us both cry.

On our first DC last March aboard the Magic. My sister and I were standing behind a single Dad & his two daughters waiting to enter Animator's Palate for the scrapbooking class on a sea day. The girls were collecting a set of pins and were each missing Pluto. We each had a spare Pluto, we were missing Stitch. We wonk at each other & took it upon ourselves to share some Disney Magic. We casually wove into the conversation state room information & numbers. Later that day we packaged our two extra Pluto pins and delivered them to their stateroom. Giggling and all smiles it was such fun to give someone a magical moment/memory. You would think we were spies or something the way we stealthy dropped off their pins.

It gets better...

The next day when we returned from spending all day in port we found a certificate & two Stitch pins attached to our fish extender. It was from a CM in the gift shop. Apparently the girls and their father spoke with a couple of CM's in the gift shop about the magic someone had shared with them. Apparently one of the gift shop CM's overheard my sister and yakking about it while we were shopping so they had a pretty good idea who the two pixies were. SO they took it upon themselves to thank us and share a magical moment with us.
Made us both cry.

Awesome! What goes around comes around! Very neat :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing such great stories. With some of the posts I've read recently I was really questioning my choice to cruise with Disney. After reading these I feel so much better. :love:

Check-in at the terminal was taking a long time because somehow my passport nuumber was linked to my great-neice's name. Three CMs finally got it straightened out. (Yes, it was my fault not Disneys) The original CM handed me a 6 boarding number. I must have looked disappointed so he switched it for a 2. He also gave me two additional lanyards for my first-time cruising nieces. They were so excited.

We did a B2B on the Dream in October. This was our 21st cruise. Since we would be repeating menus on the 2nd part of our B2B, our server asked us if there was anything special we would like to request for dinner that may not be on the menu. Our daughter remembered a great dish called Crab Martinique that used to be on the Magic, but was no longer offered on the menu. Our server said that he would see what he could do.

Well, the next night at dinner we had 7 Baked Crab Martiniques to eat. Now, what made this so special is that the Chef from the Dream emailed the chef from the Magic to get the recipe. The Chef said that since he had all the ingredients on board, he was glad to make a special treat for us. it was fantastic!!

A couple of things that happened in our previous cruises -

One morning we were eating breakfast at Parrot Cay during the Character breakfast. I was looking at the menu and realized that they did not have French toast on the menu like they do in Lumiere's. I mentioned it to the person sitting next to me, not the server. Well, a few minutes later a dish of french toast appeared. My server had heard me say something to the person next to me and she ran over to Lumiere's kitchen and got a plate for me.

Another time, we were eating in a dining room at dinner and in looking at the menu, realized that they no longer offered the chicken wings we used to love as an appetizer. Again, we did not mention this to our server, just talking among ourselves. The next night at dinner, 7 plates of chicken wings arrived before our dinner. The server asked the Chef if he could make them even though they were no longer offered on the cruise. Amazing!

On one of our cruises, the chef appeared at our table and told us we were his special guests of the cruise. We could order any food we wanted to even if it was not on the menu. Some others at our table really wanted some Indian food. The next night, bowls and bowls of food served family style were sent to our table.

This is one of the many reasons we continue to sail Disney. We love their customer service and attention to detail.

It has been a few years since we've been on a Disney Cruise but we had a bit of magic on the Magic, after a bit of "mischief." My SIL was getting married and DH and I were travelling with our 2 children (then ds = 3 y/o and dd = 5 months) so we decided to ship a box of stuff ahead. (diapers, toys and the wedding present). Well, by the end of day 1, our box had not yet been delivered. This is when we met Mariska at guest services. She provided us with diapers and told us she would look into the situation with the boxes.

Day 2, still no boxes. Mariska, again, supplied us with diapers (regular and swim). Eventually, Mariska herself went into the bowels of the ship, located our boxes and saw that they were delivered to our room. Everyday for the rest of the 7 day cruise, Mariska delivered small gifts to each of my kids. We got pictures, puzzles and washcloths. It made every day very special.

On a previous cruise on the Magic, DH and I were celebrating our anniverary and we went to Palo for dinner on our anniversary. Well, our regular servers must have missed us, because when we got back to our room after Palo, our servers had delivered a cake to our room with a hand drawn card.

We head out in 14 days for another anniversary cruise and we've already rec'd some pixie dust in the form of a complimentary upgrade from a 9c to a 5b. Just being on the boat is going to be WONDERful.

I love hearing that there are little bits of magic spread out for some! I know that it isn't the norm, but when those things happen, it is so much the better!

We were wandering around the Magic on our first cruise, and when we were down one hallway, a door opened up and out stepped Snow White. There was no one around, so our girls had a good 5 minutes of her time just chatting it up. That was one of the best and most memorable times we have had onboard, and pretty much sealed the deal with Disney for our family, at least for a while!

Some may not see this as pixie dust...

But we met a nice couple through our dis meet group who we are actually sailing with again in 53 days....

Making a friend.....what could get much better than that!!:goodvibes

On our recent 12/4 Dream cruise. Our first Disney cruise btw! DD (21 months) had a few meltdowns due to the fact she didn't want to sleep and miss anything( who could blame her). We were walking in the atrium one day and DD saw a character meet going on downstairs. The line was long and DD does not yet understand she needs to patiently wait in line. DD throws herself down on the floor in full out tantrum. We CM, Leslie who is the Future Cruise Sales Manager got down on the floor with DD and talked her down from her tantrum. So here is a toddler and adult both laying on the floor in the middle of the atrium. :rotfl: DH and I were mortified, what a scene! We thanked Leslie
profusely and took DD to the cabin for a nap. Later, after dinner when we returned to our cabin and on DD's bed was a note to Princess Tessa along with a stuffed Tinkerbell doll. The note said, Princess Tessa, thank you for teaching Tnkerbell how to be beautiful". Amazing, unexpected. :flower3: we of course mentioned Leslie on our comment card. Also on my birthday our servers, Putra and Ibrahim presented me with a hand made card.

We are booked for the Fantasy 11/30/13 and can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter