Magical Moments and REAL secrets

Where are the talking trashcans? Curious....:confused:

We have just come back from an all adult holiday and I was worried that it wouldnt be as magical as when we take our 7yo ds. I was so wrong!!!

Whilst having breakfast at 1900 park fare our 19yo ds was fooling around with Pooh, he offered a high 5 and pulled away at the last moment. Pooh threw himself to the floor and started doing a 'platoon' like desparate pose. We were in tears from laughing. But it continued, Pooh then came and sat on ds lap, and gave him a hug and left the table. As he was going around the room he kept making 'watching you' gestures to ds. When he left the room, he made a 'throat slit' gesture which again had us in fits of laughter and a very proud ds, who is still telling people that he got a death threat from Winnie the Pooh.

The next day we had dinner back at 1900 and ds was married off to Anastasia , by arrangement between myself and Lady Tremaine. We had our wedding cake brought out at this meal and so Anastasia came over and sat down to cut the cake with ds. We did cut about a quarter of the cake and asked for it to be put outside for the characters to enjoy afterwards.

These sort of things are magical to me.

The small details are fun to find like hidden mickeys and jokes dotted around but often these go over young childrens heads. Also if you have told them about the 'paintbrushes' and they do not find one then that would not be magical for them either.

*Having a newbie try the Beverly at the Coke station in Epcot.
)

OK Now I really feel like a newbie.
Sorry Hi everyone , I have been stalking the DIS forum pages for months while planning my upcoming trip to WDW.
I have been to WDW once before( 10 years ago) but DH has never been.

I have to ask what it is that you mean by this post, I realise it was posted a while ago but I have only just got around to reading it!
P.S. this is my first post:banana:

Sorry Hi everyone , I have been stalking the DIS forum pages for months while planning my upcoming trip to WDW.

I have to ask what it is that you mean by this post, I realise it was posted a while ago but I have only just got around to reading it!

In Epcot there is a place called Club Cool, they have different beverages that Coke sells throughout the world.

They have a beverage from Italy called Beverly that's the best thing you will every taste in your entire life. Really its so good that you will never ever ever want to drink anything else but this nectar of the Gods. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I really mean it. ;)

The Contemporary Resort has a really neat little FIVE legged goat on the mural in the Grand Canyon Concourse! Which part or side? Well ,Just so you can "enjoy" the discovery all I can say is THAT it is there and its prominently displayed so its right out in plain view!

At Club Cool, a Coca Cola venue, there are several sodas from around the world. One, Beverly, an aperitif from Italy, is very bitter and most people do not enjoy it. It actually is not meant to be drunk as a soda, like a Coke, but rather sipped in small quantities between courses of a marge meal.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1677921

My thanks to both Chartle and Dan Murphy for the replies - I just added that to my things to do list :)

In Epcot there is a place called Club Cool, they have different beverages that Coke sells throughout the world.

They have a beverage from Italy called Beverly that's the best thing you will every taste in your entire life. Really its so good that you will never ever ever want to drink anything else but this nectar of the Gods. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I really mean it. ;)

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I love the little bits of magic that can be found everywhere in Disney World, but I agree, the folks that try to make it happen, just because they read about it somewhere can spoil it for everyone else. Some can be so rude and downright nasty about it.

Thanks for sharing.

We had a super-magical moment our last trip! DD11 and I were getting ready to ride Magic Carpets of Aladdin around 9:30am. Aladdin and Jasmine were off to the right near the exit queue waving to people. We got into our carpet, DD in front and me in back, and we saw Aladdin and Jasmine walking toward us, pointing at us, and then they asked if we "minded" if they rode with us! Uh, no, not at all! I think we got lucky because there were only two of us riding, so there was room for Jasmine and Aladdin, but DD and I also waved and said hello as we passed, so maybe they just liked us. :thumbsup2

Here are some of my favorites:
  • Look for turtles in the ponds and lakes (while staying on the paths) as you walk around.
  • In AK Dino Land there is a message board that explains the history of the land.
  • Talk to the CM's on the walking trails in AK. They are a wealth of knowledge on the animals.
  • Don't rush through the Exploration trail as you enter AK, there are fun paths, animals to see and CM's to learn from.
  • Pull the rope outside the Indiana Jones show in DHS.
  • There are dino foot prints in the pavement around the lake in DHS. Can you figure out why?
  • Read the signs and look at the set decorations in the Muppet gift shop in DHS.
  • The gardens around the Tower of Terror are quite lovely.
  • There is a nice rose garden with a path that links Future World to the World Showcase.
  • Main Street USA is slightly inclined towards the castle. When you enter the Magic Kingdom you have plenty of energy and don't notice. When you leave you're tired so the slight downward slope is a welcome relief.
  • If you ask at the BBB they will sprinkle some pixie dust on your hair.
  • There is a plaque dedicated to Randy Pausch near the Mad Tea Party attraction.

I love the little bits of magic that can be found everywhere in Disney World, but I agree, the folks that try to make it happen, just because they read about it somewhere can spoil it for everyone else. Some can be so rude and downright nasty about it.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm kind of in the same camp.

Once they are put in a list, its very easy for it to become something to check off.

If you read the menu on All Ears for WCC they have a disclaimer about what may happen if you do certain things and not to expect all or even any.

Yes, god forbid people try to actually take advantage of the activities and treats that Disney offers.

I mean, wanting special activities and fun for your kids! What jerks people are! Don't they know that they are all supposed to just do things YOUR way!!

Well the reason why those "Special" things always STOP is because EVERYONE thinks their child deserves it. Its the rabid need to make sure your kid gets it.

Yeah, I have to agree threads like this are the reason lots of real "magical moments" don't exist anymore. People are always looking for a freebie or expecting something. Go on your vacation and see what happens, stop expecting.

I have to agree with this. So many things are "expected" now that Disney is stopping everything. Remember when you could request a menu at Coral Reef? Or the diver with a sign? Due to boards like this, everyone started asking and it overwhelmed the CM in charge of it.

No offense to anyone here, please, but I get particularly frustrated at folks who have never gone who arrive armed with a list of secrets, must-dos, behind-the-scenes info, etc. They have expectations that are SO high, that they invariably come back with a "eh" opinion of it all, rather than allowing themselves to be slowly introduced to the wonder that is Disney World!

I don't participate in "secrets" threads because then it wouldn't be a secret, would it? ;)

Magical moments are what you make of them. For me, it doesnt mean winning something or finding something. One of my best memories of Disney was when I took my daughter on her first trip in 2,000, she was 5.
I had really talked the trip up to her beforehand, especially about the fireworks at MK. She couldnt wait.

So, we were at MK, it was about time for the show, my daughter was getting anxious. She thought it wasn't gonna happen or we had missed it. who knows what a 5 year old thinks lol.. Anyway, She was almost in tears. I kept telling her it would start anytime, but she wouldnt hear it.

Anywho, an older lady CM was walking by and noticed my daughter looking all sad. She stopped to talk to her as she bent down..

She asked my daughter her name, where she was from, etc etc. She then asked why she was so sad at the happiest place on Earth. My daughter explained that we had missed the fireworks.

The CM kinda laughed, looked at her watch, and asked my daughter if she was ready to see them. My daughter grinned and said yes. The cm looked at her watch again, looked at me and winked, raised her hands high, and clapped. The lights instantly went out and the show started.

The CM smiled as she walked off and said enjoy the show...my daughter was dumbfounded..''how did she do that'' she asked...lol.
My daughter is now 17, she still says do you remember when the CM at MK...... lol

If that wasnt magical, then I dont know what is...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter