Magical Moments and REAL secrets

Yes, god forbid people try to actually take advantage of the activities and treats that Disney offers.

I mean, wanting special activities and fun for your kids! What jerks people are! Don't they know that they are all supposed to just do things YOUR way!!

Whoa. Where's the "love", Love Tink?

I tend to agree with Kaligal. You have a valid opinion as well, but Kaligal speaks the truth. Most of the "magical" stuff goes away once the CMs get totally flooded with guests who want it.

On our last trip two of the most magical things that happend to our family weren't what most would consider magical.

We were on mainstreet in front of the bakery and my 5 year old was crying because we were not getting to Buzz fast enough. The cast member handing out menus at the door asked if she could talk to my daughter. After a few minutes a photopass photag came over and whispered something in the cast members ear and told us not to go anywhere. When she came back she had a big 12" mickey cookie for my daughter. She told her that Mickey doesn't like people crying in his house. My daughter loved it and it is one of the main things she talks about from the trip.

The other is not really magical at all. I was "That Guy" in the monster inc. show and my daughters just got the biggest kick out of it. The laughed so hard everytime they put me up on the big screen. I even let them sit on my lap so they would get on the screen also. Just something simple but memories that will last a lifetime. This is also something that has happened to me on our last two trips to the laugh floor. What are the odds of that?

Well I think the OP has a great idea with starting an updated thread of magical secrets :goodvibes. When I first started reading the DIS I had no idea about a lot of things such as the paintbrushes or waking up Tink, or even hidden Mickey's. Threads like this help to inform Disney addicts such as myself...I see nothing wrong with sharing the love!

A few classics that I still enjoy:

*Having a newbie try the Beverly at the Coke station in Epcot.
*Looking for hidden Mickey's throughout attractions and rides that Imagineers have incorporated as little pieces of magic. DH and I still have our Hidden Mickey guide book and still look for hidden Mickeys during our trips
*Taking time to enjoy the pre-show of Muppets 3D (the net full of jello, key under the mat, ect)

See this is the kind of stuff I was looking for- net full of Jello?? Sometimes in life, the devil is in the details! From 'sharing the love' I feel you get another peel of the onion revealed... Really didn't think this post would get so much :mad:anger...Yikes!:flower3:

A few classics that I still enjoy:

*Having a newbie try the Beverly at the Coke station in Epcot.

We did that this trip and my 6 year old LOVED the Beverly - drank the whole cup and asked for more - it was her favourite of all the flavours she tried. My 2 year old wasn't as impressed and kept wiping his tongue off.

This happened about 5 yrs ago...my daughter was probably about 9 at the time. She had a Minnie Mouse dress and a beautiful Snow White dress. She trudged around all day wearing the Snow White dress and several people made comments but the best was at Tower of Terror in HS.

The CM as we got onto the elevator made a big deal about announcing to everyone that a Princess was with us and he welcomed her. He bowed and called her royal etc.

He did this at every opportunity on that ride and it was just adorable. She felt really special and the look on her face was just priceless.

She is now 14, almost 15 and we have been back a few times and going again in March....of course, no more Disney dresses for her! I miss those sweet younger years but enjoy spending time with the kids as they get older as well!

Kelly

We did that this trip and my 6 year old LOVED the Beverly - drank the whole cup and asked for more - it was her favourite of all the flavours she tried. My 2 year old wasn't as impressed and kept wiping his tongue off.

Here in Atlanta we have the 'World of Coke' museum and Beverly is there, too! I had a lot of fun convincing my sister that it was the greatest soft drink ever.. and then I got to watch her try it....:rotfl:

On topic, I would love to see the lesser known 'magical' things. Like spotting the mickey head in the leaves on It's a Small World. Or that one of the chairs in the library room of the Haunted Mansion has an outline of Donald Duck.

Speaking of Monsters, Inc., a CM told me that if you wear a Sully-blue shirt or a Mike-green shirt, it gives you a better chance to be chosen on screen. Makes sense!

I would also like to encourage folks to keep an eye out for the Streetsmosphere performers at Hollywood Studios. They are a hoot and will interact with anyone who shows interest. One guy (the Mayor, maybe?) gave my nephew two special pins, one to keep and one to give to a complete stranger (with adult supervision, of course!) Free pins or not, this could be real blast for people willing to get into it with the actors.

That's all I've got for now, and I do appreciate the OP's motives in starting this thread. Don't we all come here for the "inside" scoop? :)

See this is the kind of stuff I was looking for- net full of Jello?? Sometimes in life, the devil is in the details! From 'sharing the love' I feel you get another peel of the onion revealed... Really didn't think this post would get so much :mad:anger...Yikes!:flower3:

It's one of my favorites actually (the little things in life, ya know!)... It's a hanging net, like fishermen use and it has jello in it...Now say it out loud...Annette Funicello...:goodvibes (for those that might not know, she was an original Mouseketeer on the Mickey Mouse Club)

lol when we visit with family memebers we always do this and nobody has liked it yet....I bet that was funny when the planned backfired ;)

Speaking of Monsters, Inc., a CM told me that if you wear a Sully-blue shirt or a Mike-green shirt, it gives you a better chance to be chosen on screen. Makes sense!

I would also like to encourage folks to keep an eye out for the Streetsmosphere performers at Hollywood Studios. They are a hoot and will interact with anyone who shows interest. One guy (the Mayor, maybe?) gave my nephew two special pins, one to keep and one to give to a complete stranger (with adult supervision, of course!) Free pins or not, this could be real blast for people willing to get into it with the actors.

That's all I've got for now, and I do appreciate the OP's motives in starting this thread. Don't we all come here for the "inside" scoop? :)

:grouphug: Thanks for sharing those often overlooked examples/ideas! I agree that the streetsmosphere performers are amazing! We often will stop on a hot day and watch from the shade of a building as they interact with the crowd.

Here in Atlanta we have the 'World of Coke' museum and Beverly is there, too! I had a lot of fun convincing my sister that it was the greatest soft drink ever.. and then I got to watch her try it....:rotfl:

On topic, I would love to see the lesser known 'magical' things. Like spotting the mickey head in the leaves on It's a Small World. Or that one of the chairs in the library room of the Haunted Mansion has an outline of Donald Duck.

Did you know you can see Minnie's profile in the stone wall towards the end of Jungle Cruise? :goodvibes It's on the left side as you are coming out of the temple...

Ok, last one for today :wizard:

In the pet cemetery at the end of Haunted Mansion, there is a small statue of Mr. Toad in the upper left hand corner of the fenced area.

Can anyone tell me where another Mr. Toad reference can be found? :goodvibes

In the pet cemetery at the end of Haunted Mansion, there is a small statue of Mr. Toad in the upper left hand corner of the fenced area.

Pooh

I love that. And this kind of thing is what makes me appreciate threads like this. I like discovering things on my own, but I like a little help now and then too!

I love that. And this kind of thing is what makes me appreciate threads like this. I like discovering things on my own, but I like a little help now and then too!

Yay!! This is the disney Magic I'm looking for! ::banana:

Handing over the deed in the first scene of Winnie-the-Pooh.

I wish I had some "top secret" cool things to look for but everything I have, I originally found here. Still, in case others don't know -

MK
- Bow to Cinderella's fountain in FL - there's a crown on the mural behind her and when you bow (or if you're a kid) the crown just fits on her head
- Check out the mural as you go through the castle.
- In Frontierland look up at the second floor balconies. There's some great details!
- Find the "one of by land, two if by sea" window in LS
- Look up when you're shopping on Main Street. There's SO many little details inside and out.
- Same with FL - see if you can find Willy the Giant (from the short, The Brave Little Tailor)
- The streetmosphere CMs are the BEST. Keep your eye out for them and go out of your way to talk with them.
- The electrical water pageant on Bay Lake.

AK
- There's details everywhere you look, so these are just my faves
- Grad student drawings on the walls of ... oh, the eatery place in Dinoland. Whatever it's called. And the "in case of emergency" squirt guns there, too.
- There's a rickshaw you can sit in in Asia. Great photo op!
- Check out the yellow dino at the entrance to Chester's and Hester's and see if you can figure out what gender it is. :) Nothing vulgar, just cute.
- The secret path between Asia and Africa. So peaceful!

Epcot
- There's a great inlay in the ground on the east (Land, Seas, Imagination) side of FW that's really worth seeing. Lots of quotes by famous inventors.
- The water play areas! I forget if there's two or three there.
- There's a gurgling water fountain along the backside of the coke building.
- Find the pickle tree in Germany!
- Belle's library in France
- Viking playground in Norway

DHS
- More streetmosphere actors!
- Lift the rug beside the line to Muppet Vision 4D
- I love looking up here too. There's so many great things above normal eyeline.
- See if you can find a package to "miss Dorothy Gale" over by IJSS.

Also, if you want to put increase your chance of getting surprise magic moments, it's simple. Don't rush. Get out of the main flow - if you're only on the paths from one attraction to the next you're unlikely to get tagged. Notice details - CMs love that! Let your child lead when possible and when you're not in a crowded situation (and don't rush them!) Stay positive, even if something goes wrong. Start conversations with CMs. Heck, just being nice to us makes our day! Don't expect anything but be open to whatever happens. Pass on the pixie dust when you can, whether through kind words to others, scooting over on the bench so they can sit, or giving them your extra FPs. Ask CMs if they have any favorites details or secrets to share.

And whatever you do, RELAX! Every. Single. One. of my magical moments was something I couldn't have planned for and happened when we had stepped away from the crowds for a moment just to enjoy where we were. You miss those moments if you treat WDW like a Six Flags, just a bunch of rides to see as quickly as possible.

O dont worry about the angry people, they will always be angry let them live there lives unhappy always complaining.. if they didnt like this thread they should of moved over it and stopped reading it..it was a good idea u were going for!

I actually got a book full of all kinds of stuff like this as a present from my aunt before starting my CP. It's called The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World by Susan Veness, and my sister and I made a little scavenger hunt out of finding the little secrets in it when she came to visit me! I'm not going to actually post any because I don't want to spoil the surprise, but they really do enhance the experience so much!

Well said! And thank you for the tips!

We have been to Disney many time but will be there in June with grand-daughters. We plan on seeing Disney through their eyes and at their pace!

Handing over the deed in the first scene of Winnie-the-Pooh.

I had heard that, but I forgot to check the last time I was there.. I'll do it this time. It makes perfect sense because in the Pooh ride in DL, they have the stuffed heads of the animals from Country Bear Jamboree, which is the attraction they removed to put Pooh in the park. They're behind you when you enter one of the show rooms of the ride.. I forget which one.

Often the angry ppl on here are the ones who have already taken advantage of the 'special magical touches'.

There is a clear difference between trying to experience one of those magical touches, and being demanding and rude.

I loved taking my ds to the island and getting him a paintbrush. The TRULY magical part though was that we didnt get a truth brush. My ds was only 4yo. However, I guess the rule is only 1 brush per family. Because of that, a family gave us their second. Then the CM gave us a PP FP because my kids were too young for SP & BRTM.

I loved being the first person to make it on Splash Mountain. My firend and I got in and then they just sent us along. At the end, we got a certificate and two free photos.

I loved knowing about the talking trash can and making sure to find it to show my boys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!