Magical Moments and REAL secrets

shinez

If you are lucky enough to be at the beach, then y
So I want to start a thread of real doable secrets that still happen and real magical moments that occur on regular basis.

For example of secret tom Sawyers hidden paintbrush still goes on.:thumbsup2 A bad example would be 'waking up tink' at tinks treasure since its not there. :confused: Or something about fast passes.:sad2:

Let's get only real doable secrets!

Same thing for magical moments a legit 'doable' one is the flag lowering ceremony. :thumbsup2Not someone tripped spilled a drink on me so a cm gave me a magical moment card.:headache:

Just trying to get a list of actual doable stuff for people that want it. Please don't post unless your sure it's still happening! :cool1:

They don't do the paintbrush thing at Tom Sawyer Island anymore.

It is rumored to be coming back soon from a few CM's that work on the Island.

TSI paintbrushes is a perfect example that the problem is everything particularly suprise/unusual magical moments at WDW can change at the drop of a hat so it's hard to keep an up to date ongoing list of those things.

The problem is once a secret gets out, it's a mad dash from people "in the know" to get there first to get to the secret. I preferred YOAMD when you never knew when something magical could happen. THAT'S the real fun...not running to Tink's Treasures or TSI to beat out everyone else to the magical moment. Once word starts spreading, the secret isn't a secret and certainly loses a bit of the magic.

I also should clarify...ALLEGEDLY, according to someone who claims to have asked a CM (and we all know how reliable CM's are), the hunt should begin again AFTER the refurb of BTMRR. Maybe May? We'll just have to wait and see...but for now, there is NO paint brush hunt. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=830794&page=3

Just there in Jan. and asked the CM if they hid the brushes yet and was told they stopped doing it at the first of the year. Didn't ask if it would start up again. I did do a scavenger hunt I found here on the DIS for the kids and they loved it, but made my own prize for them to find at the end.

I also should clarify...ALLEGEDLY, according to someone who claims to have asked a CM (and we all know how reliable CM's are), the hunt should begin again AFTER the refurb of BTMRR. Maybe May? We'll just have to wait and see...but for now, there is NO paint brush hunt. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=830794&page=3

OK I guess its not happening right now. I would have thought the boards would have been all over this.

It seems like the discussion on the other board is that it not happening because BTMR is down and the certificates would only be for Splash which is going to get hit with tons more people. Everyone is like its only like 6 FP's how does that effect Splash?

I wonder if they stopped it since people would be going crazy for them because Splash FP's are going to gone early. Maybe they didn't want another TSM like stampede over to the Island. :rotfl:

you can tell who the people are that know about the paintbrushes last time we were there you could see all the people climbing into the bushes to find them

I think compiling lists of "guaranteed" magical moments makes them considerably less magical.

A list might make them less magical for some, but I find it neat- like hidden mickeys... :yay:

Your idea of a magical moment and someone else's idea of a magical moment can be two different things. My feelings are that magical moments are just that, a moment when you aren't expecting anything and something magical occurs. For example, in November on my families first day at Disney we went to DTD. My 4 year old niece was busy making a Mr. Potato Head creation when a CM approached her and started asking her questions, she asked what her name was, how old she was, and told her how creative her potato head was. She wrote down some information, asked her to name her potato head and viola! Prince Buzz, the Potato of the Day was born! She gave her a magical moment card and placed her potato head on a display stand with a note underneath stating it's name and who created it. Most people would think cute, but is it really magical? To my family, it was the best way to start a trip with a 4 year old autistic girl who we weren't sure would feel the Disney love. My sister and I had tears in our eyes we were so excited for her moment. It was one of those moments we'll treasure forever, and I'm sure even the CM didn't realize just how magical the moment was for us. :love:

So like I said, magical moments are in the eye of the beholder. I don't think I'd find running around Tom Sawyer Island looking for a paint brush to be very magical.

OK I guess its not happening right now. I would have thought the boards would have been all over this.

they were.... there were like 4 or 5 threads on it a month or so ago... you must of missed them!:cool1:

Yeah, I have to agree threads like this are the reason lots of real "magical moments" don't exist anymore. People are always looking for a freebie or expecting something. Go on your vacation and see what happens, stop expecting.

Your idea of a magical moment and someone else's idea of a magical moment can be two different things. My feelings are that magical moments are just that, a moment when you aren't expecting anything and something magical occurs. For example, in November on my families first day at Disney we went to DTD. My 4 year old niece was busy making a Mr. Potato Head creation when a CM approached her and started asking her questions, she asked what her name was, how old she was, and told her how creative her potato head was. She wrote down some information, asked her to name her potato head and viola! Prince Buzz, the Potato of the Day was born! She gave her a magical moment card and placed her potato head on a display stand with a note underneath stating it's name and who created it. Most people would think cute, but is it really magical? To my family, it was the best way to start a trip with a 4 year old autistic girl who we weren't sure would feel the Disney love. My sister and I had tears in our eyes we were so excited for her moment. It was one of those moments we'll treasure forever, and I'm sure even the CM didn't realize just how magical the moment was for us. :love:

So like I said, magical moments are in the eye of the beholder. I don't think I'd find running around Tom Sawyer Island looking for a paint brush to be very magical.

:lovestruc Now that is a Magical Moment! This little story melted my heart!

Once it is on the internet, it isn't a secret any longer.

And once all the DISers start wanting their precious child to be THE one and start asking Disney staff to make it so or complaining to Disney staff if he/she isn't, it will soon disappear entirely.

I wish people would just try to enjoy their vacations without trying to orchestrate bonuses for their Dkids.

And once all the DISers start wanting their precious child to be THE one and start asking Disney staff to make it so or complaining to Disney staff if he/she isn't, it will soon disappear entirely.

I wish people would just try to enjoy their vacations without trying to orchestrate bonuses for their Dkids.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Well I think the OP has a great idea with starting an updated thread of magical secrets :goodvibes. When I first started reading the DIS I had no idea about a lot of things such as the paintbrushes or waking up Tink, or even hidden Mickey's. Threads like this help to inform Disney addicts such as myself...I see nothing wrong with sharing the love!

A few classics that I still enjoy:

*Having a newbie try the Beverly at the Coke station in Epcot.
*Looking for hidden Mickey's throughout attractions and rides that Imagineers have incorporated as little pieces of magic. DH and I still have our Hidden Mickey guide book and still look for hidden Mickeys during our trips
*Taking time to enjoy the pre-show of Muppets 3D (the net full of jello, key under the mat, ect)

Maybe its just me and my family, but we prefer to stumble on stuff on our own. Most things aren't that hidden at Disney you just have to have your eyes and ears open for them.

To me this makes the experience better because you are actually experiencing it instead of it being given to you. Sure I may miss something but such is life. It seems in the age of Twitter, Facebook and message boards that there are people that feel they need to know everything right now. Granted I am an information junkie but i like to find things out unexpectedly through my own wandering, either in the physical world or from tracing links on the internet.

Beside the best moments are those that happen out of the blue and cannot be planned for. For instance we were in MK in January in the candy store on Main Street. We had just spent some time making our Jelly Belly mix to buy when a CM came up to us and gave us 3 bags of cotton candy. Not expected and really cool.

Go with the flow and the magic follows. If you don't get something extra no big deal it doesn't make you less worthy.

Yes, god forbid people try to actually take advantage of the activities and treats that Disney offers.

I mean, wanting special activities and fun for your kids! What jerks people are! Don't they know that they are all supposed to just do things YOUR way!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter