"Magical Holiday" Room Discount A Bust For Us

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
So looks like this will be the first time traveling to Disney and staying at a deluxe that I'll be paying full rack rate. We are a family of 4 adults going November 1-10 and booked at Yacht Club. The free dining discount released a month or two ago blacked out our dates in November, and there's no availability at Yacht Club, Beach Club or Boardwalk for today's room discount. In fact, for November 1-10, the only discounted rooms available are at All-Star Music, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Bay Lake Tower, Grand Floridian Villas, and Copper Lake (which is over $1k a night with the discount). I suppose that's a decent range of options (no moderates though) but disappointed that on the first day of the offer we can't find something at either Beach or Yacht Club.

>:(>:(

Kicking around the idea of cancelling the trip and rescheduling for next spring, but will probably keep it since we plan on participating in the November runDisney events and already booked flights.

Maybe keep checking? The system seems to be glitching a lot lately. Several people are talking about it in the Discount Code section.

I wonder if their system is maybe a bit messed up right now. I didn't see Grand Floridian or Bay lake Tower when I checked this morning. We did get Pop Century! (Checking in Nov 5th) Keep on checking, hopefully you get a discount!

My advice is to keep checking and check at low volume times like 6 am Eastern. When the fall room discounts came out we were SOL for the first 48hrs and then one morning the exact room we were looking for was available. The booking systems go into overload anytime a new discount drops.

November 1-10 includes all of Jersey Week. I do not think lack of availability is at all a systems issue. It's also late in Food & Wine, and includes the lead-up to Veteran's Day and W&D Half, so I would have been surprised to see any availability save perhaps Club Level at BC, YC or BWI.

I tried as well and nothing much for our week, the weird thing is the cost for my original trip is still several hundred dollars less than POR is with the discount and we are booked at FQ which is never really discounted. Plus our week is 11/21-11/27, so far my non discount room at FQ is cheaper than any of the room only discounts for the two mods in the promo. There is no way I want to stay at CBR. I did check YC and it is still double the cost of FQ even with the discount.

Does anyone know if any AP discounts will happen for that week??

November 1-10 includes all of Jersey Week. I do not think lack of availability is at all a systems issue. It's also late in Food & Wine, and includes the lead-up to Veteran's Day and W&D Half, so I would have been surprised to see any availability save perhaps Club Level at BC, YC or BWI.
I checked all of November (or a number of random dates anyway) just for the hell of it. Couldn't find a 10 day (or 7 day, 5 day, etc.) period with availability at Beach/Yacht Club. And there was zero availability, including club level.

We were originally going November 1st through the 10th. I only started planning in May and it has been impossible to find rooms for that full time period. We changed our dates.

I just posted about the same disappointment - no standard rooms available AT ANY of the deluxe hotels during the time we will be there--
I feel your frustration:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter