Magical Express to the Fort

Disneyforus

Lover of all things Disney
We've unexpectedly decided to fly to Disney World. We are staying on a premium site with an RV rental (will be set up for us) and golf cart rental from Kenny that we will now need to grab a cab to meet them. My actual question is...
What other resorts share magical express with the Fort? What is the drop off order?
Will the Fort shuttle us to our site when magical express drops us off?

Thanks!

We've unexpectedly decided to fly to Disney World. We are staying on a premium site with an RV rental (will be set up for us) and golf cart rental from Kenny that we will now need to grab a cab to meet them. My actual question is...
What other resorts share magical express with the Fort? What is the drop off order?
Will the Fort shuttle us to our site when magical express drops us off?

Thanks!
There is no set schedule for the resorts for the magical express. Our trip in 2015, we stopped at Saratoga Springs, both port Orleans resorts, and last at the fort. In 2016, we were the first stop at the fort and it was going to Grand floridian and another MK area resort (forget exactly which one).

And yes the fort will shuttle you to your site. Just ask at the check in desk.

There is no set schedule for the resorts for the magical express. Our trip in 2015, we stopped at Saratoga Springs, both port Orleans resorts, and last at the fort. In 2016, we were the first stop at the fort and it was going to Grand floridian and another MK area resort (forget exactly which one).

And yes the fort will shuttle you to your site. Just ask at the check in desk.

Good to know! I figured it probably fluctuated some depending on need.

Since not everyone uses the DME, it probably just depends on how many guests are coming in and to which resort.

1) There are four basic Resort Drop-Off Routes for DME to/from the airport.
2) If the bus is not crowded, the driver stops at each resort to drop off people.
. . . Drop-off buses do not pick-up people going to the airport.
. . . Pick-up buses do not drop off people coming from the airport.
3) If there are no people for a resort, the buses do not go to that resort (either drop-off or pick-up buses).
4) If the bus is loaded with one resort (like a bus load of All Stars) the bus could be routed to ONLY that one resort.
5) If there are only a few DME passengers at that time, the bus could be routed in almost any pattern.
6) For your question, Fort Wilderness DME is usually routed as
. . . Fort Wilderness
. . . Wilderness Lodge
. . . Polynesian *
. . . Grand Floridian
. . . Once dropped at the Outpost for check-in, you will, then, take an internal bus to your loop and walk to your site.
. . . DME luggage will be delivered by Bell Services to your site.
. . . If your flight is drastically late, Bellmen can drive you to your site in a golf cart
* In the past, the Poly was not included in this route, as buses could not navigate the right-hand turn into the Poly Driveway. They could only make a left-turn into the drive, and were combined with the Contemporary as a bus route (left-turn into Poly, left turn out of Poly, right turn onto World Drive toward toll booths, left turn to World drive toward Contemporary). When the entrance was re-configured in 2014, the buses could finally make the right-hand turn.

Thanks for the info. My father-in-law is going to meet us there for a few days. I can hardly wait.

Bumping this thread up, as I have another pertinent question.....

I have an 11 am flight out of Orlando in August, and am planning to take the Magical Express to the airport. I will need to break camp and pack everything that morning, and I realize that the pick-up time could be around 8 am.

So---how do I get to the front check-in for the Magical Express bus? Are the internal buses running that early? Will there be a problem getting on an internal bus with luggage?

You can make prior arrangements for a shuttle to the front. They will pick you up at your site They will also drop you off when you get there.

Bumping this thread up, as I have another pertinent question.....

I have an 11 am flight out of Orlando in August, and am planning to take the Magical Express to the airport. I will need to break camp and pack everything that morning, and I realize that the pick-up time could be around 8 am.

So---how do I get to the front check-in for the Magical Express bus? Are the internal buses running that early? Will there be a problem getting on an internal bus with luggage?

And yes the internal buses do run early. If memory serves me right the driver when we were there last Feb told us they start around 6am. And secondly, you would have no problem getting on with luggage in the morning. Some mornings we were the only ones on the bus other than the driver, headed to the Outpost.

And yes the internal buses do run early. If memory serves me right the driver when we were there last Feb told us they start around 6am. And secondly, you would have no problem getting on with luggage in the morning. Some mornings we were the only ones on the bus other than the driver, headed to the Outpost.

That sounds great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter