Magical Express Recent Timelines

mouserrificmom

DIS Veteran
Can anyone who has been lately and utlized Magical Express let me know about how long it takes from landing to arriving to your resort? We touchdoun in Orlando at 2:31 and have dinner reservations at Beaches and Cream at 5:30. (We are staying at Yacht Club, so at least DME will be taking us to the location we need to be for dinner) In a nonCovid world I wouldn't worry at all, 3 hours would be plenty of time, but I have no idea how efficient the airport is with getting luggage off of the plane and so forth as we have always just walked right off the plane to the monorail and downstairs to the DME checkin without a thought about our luggage......nor do I have any idea of what the DME waits have been like lately. In the past I've had such great luck often getting to my resort within an hour of landing, but I am worried now. I don't want to have to cancel the Beaches and Cream reservation.....but I don't want to rush over to the restaurant right off of the bus!

I think you'll be fine. My worst trip was just over 2 hours from landing to room, but 90 minutes is still a good average.

My experience from this week was that it was 1 hour and 18 minutes (using time stamps on my phone from the photo I took on the monorail to the photo I took turning into BWI). A few things to note: we only had carryon. We were the last family boarded on the bus but there were about twenty people already on the bus who has been waiting and BWI the first stop. There was traffic on the interstate and the driver mentioned the driving time would be 45 minutes, which was accurate Hope that helps!

Wildly variable. We went in early May and it took an hour just to get to the check in desk, where they told us it could be another 45-60 minutes to get on a bus. Luckily there was a large party ahead of us going to Pop who didn't need to be distanced and we were on in 5 minutes.
My parents went about 1.5 weeks later and had no wait at all to check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter