Magical Express questions??

dpinchot

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me if AirTran, Southwest or USAirways are in the Magical Express program? Neither are mentioned in the DIS info, but I thought I read somewhere that AirTran was participating.

If you fly on a non-participating airline, can you still use the free shuttle? Will they pick your bags up from the airport, but make you carry them on the return flight?

dpinchot said:
If you fly on a non-participating airline, can you still use the free shuttle? Will they pick your bags up from the airport, but make you carry them on the return flight?

Yes. Check the numerous threads on "Magical Express" for more info.

dpinchot said:
Can anyone tell me if AirTran, Southwest or USAirways are in the Magical Express program? Neither are mentioned in the DIS info, but I thought I read somewhere that AirTran was participating.

See http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=742399

You can not check-in for your return flight at your WDW resort unless you are on a participating airline. The only announced airlines are American, United (including Ted), Delta (including Song), and Continental. At this time, the list does not include AirTran, Southwest, or US Airways.

AirTran and WDW signed a joint marketing agreement last month, but the announcement didn't mention joining Magical Express.

I would not be surpirsed to see more airlines on the list before May 5. Disney probably wants to see far more airlines on the list. But Disney isn't running the return flight check-in and baggage transfer service. The contractor is Baggage Airline Guest Services Inc. ("BAGS, Inc.") and they have to work out the agreements and logistics with the airlines.

So as I understand it, if I fly on one of the non-participating airlines, I can still use the free shuttle back to MCO, but will haul my own luggage on the Mears transport and have to check in with the airline at the airport? It still doesn't seem that bad.

dpinchot said:
So as I understand it, if I fly on one of the non-participating airlines, I can still use the free shuttle back to MCO, but will haul my own luggage on the Mears transport and have to check in with the airline at the airport? It still doesn't seem that bad.
Yes. The only minor clarification is that it's not a "Mears transport" as we know them today. The transportation will be provided on new, Magical Express coaches (that will be operated by Mears), with video presentations in both directions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter