Magical Express Question

lhsgrad2000

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone. My family and I (2 adults, 2 Children (both 4)) are headed to Disney World mid September 2017 and are flying down. We arrive at MCO at 5:20 PM. Would it be smart to collect our luggage and have it put on the bus or have them deliver it? I have heard it takes 3-4 hours after arrival to get your luggage delivered. We were hoping to check into our room once we got there and then head to Disney Springs for dinner. Thanks!

You don't have to be present for your luggage to arrive. However, you're likely looking at a 10-11 pm delivery (or possibly even later). Personally, I wouldn't want my luggage delivered that late.

Could you carry what you will need for that evening in a couple of carry-ons (backpacks, or a small suitcase)? Waiting for luggage is not fun with 4 year olds, you could get on the ME sooner/get to your room a bit earlier, and as long as you had what you needed for just the first night, it might be a good compromise.

I would absolutely get my bags before getting on the ME. We arrived at 6:00 pm and didn't get our bags delivered until well past 11:00pm. All we wanted to do was sleep. It was torture!

The bags come out super fast at MCO and won't add much to your trip. This past weekend we got our bag, but my son needed to use the bathroom so we missed the first train shuttle to baggage claim. When we got to baggage claim our bag was the only one left on the belt and everyone else was gone. Super speedy!!

Hello everyone. My family and I (2 adults, 2 Children (both 4)) are headed to Disney World mid September 2017 and are flying down. We arrive at MCO at 5:20 PM. Would it be smart to collect our luggage and have it put on the bus or have them deliver it? I have heard it takes 3-4 hours after arrival to get your luggage delivered. We were hoping to check into our room once we got there and then head to Disney Springs for dinner. Thanks!
We would just have it delivered, but yes they claim it will arrive in your room within 3 hrs. of you arriving/checking into resort, however it has taken longer at times. You don't have to be there though when they deliver it, buy I'd probably pack anything you need for first night and possibly next day in your carry-on.

As above, for me personally we have the kids carry a backpack each with some clothes for the day, and my wife and I will share a carryone that has enough clothed for a day in the parks. Instead of rushing around and having to pick up bags, we have what we need on us and then have the bags delivered to our room when they get there. This has never been a 'quick' process from my experience and as such we use it as a way of getting the 2-3 suitcases to the room without having to lug them there ourselves!

So my vote would be to have a small carry on that has enough clothes for you guys to live independently from your suitcase for the day etc...

Could you carry what you will need for that evening in a couple of carry-ons (backpacks, or a small suitcase)? Waiting for luggage is not fun with 4 year olds, you could get on the ME sooner/get to your room a bit earlier, and as long as you had what you needed for just the first night, it might be a good compromise.

Ditto what Mumzi said. We did that and it worked well. Our luggage was delivered within 3 hours of landing. We also "rested" in the room that afternoon and then went out that night for Wishes, so we had planned a late night anyway, and a late morning the next day. I don't know how well that would work if you are staying up late for bags and have to be up super early the next day.

I never get my bags unless I have to. Why waste the time? You should always pack for the first 24 hours in your carry on bags, just in case the airline misdirects your luggage. If you do that and don't want to be disturbed with your checked bags, tell the desk to hold them. Then all you need to do is call for them when you want them, and they will bring them up to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter