Magical Express: How long?

Petals & Pixie Dust

DIS Veteran
I'm attempting to plan meals and such. We get into MCO at 10:30AM...How long will it take for us to get through the airport, onto the magical express, and to AOA?
I am certain we will be a bit hangry and need to eat. I'm sure we will end up at the hotel, but if there is something else we can consider based on time, that would be cool too. We haven't planned a park for that day and will probably go to one for a bit...just going with the flow that day...I know scary right?!?!

You can expect about 70-9*0 minutes from landing to resort arrival.
I wouldn't make an ADR for lunch. Dinner maybe.
Who knows your flight may be delayed and then you'd be paying a $10 per person no show fee.
Besides if you arrive at AOA at about noon and you're hungry you might as well just eat at AOA for lunch vs having to travel to another resort, into a park, or to Disney Springs for an ADR.

You can expect about 70-9*0 minutes from landing to resort arrival.
I wouldn't make an ADR for lunch. Dinner maybe.
Who knows your flight may be delayed and then you'd be paying a $10 per person no show fee.
Besides if you arrive at AOA at about noon and you're hungry you might as well just eat at AOA for lunch vs having to travel to another resort, into a park, or to Disney Springs for an ADR.

I figured. Thank you for the validation.

Agree with "Queen" and imho AOA has a good food court :)

Also to avoid complete meltdowns you can pack healthy snacks for the plane, for my kids this served to keep them occupied as well as fed! You can pack food from home in your carryon - as long as it isn't liquid or a gel and then purchase drinks after security so you don't have to wait to be served in the air.

Agree with "Queen" and imho AOA has a good food court :)

Also to avoid complete meltdowns you can pack healthy snacks for the plane, for my kids this served to keep them occupied as well as fed! You can pack food from home in your carryon - as long as it isn't liquid or a gel and then purchase drinks after security so you don't have to wait to be served in the air.

Outstanding. I typically travel alone, so when I travel with my husband and son, I forget the simple things! LOL

We just stayed at AOA 2 weeks ago. Would highly recommend their food court. And I'm not a big food court person. I would save yourself the stress and plan on doing that instead of making an ADR.

As someone who flew in today with my 72 year old dad, I agree with Queen and Petals. Plan for the unexpected. We’re from Michigan and flew out of south bend in the blizzard this morning (at airport at 7, flight at 9, boarded and sat on plane until 11 until pilot said they forgot to refuel, the little tug had no traction to push us back, then 4 times de-icing, 1 x protection coat, the door wouldn’t shut, no hot water, then speed walking to make Charlotte connection, etc.).

We flew first class and got pretzels on first flight, second gave me a much needed adult beverage and...cookies. I wish I had brought snacks as I’d been up all night stressing about the blizzard and didn’t eat breakfast. it took us 75 minutes to get to CBR and then our registration was all messed up. We booked two preferred rooms linked in the same building (by Disney with confirmation) and he’s in Barbados and I’m so far away I’m pretty sure I’m the first guest at the Riviera resort. Thanks Disney

But we made it!!! Sometimes, you just have to laugh and not stress. Enjoy your trip!!!

AoA's food court is great and I would plan to eat there!
I always plan on quite a long time but we've always had great luck. Our last trip we were scheduled to land at MCO at 3:40. We were able to take DME to AoA, check in at the desk (last minute ressie so we had to wait a little while in line to get our magic bands), go to our room to drop our stuff, get on a bus to MK and be walking into MK around 5:40. We had similar luck the two previous trips as well! Hope it goes smoothly- plan for extra time but hope for the best!

We typically plan the time. I keep looking at the AoA menu...Not sure what I'll want that day! It will all work out. Luckily we have a direct flight, so no connections. Fingers crossed we get out of here in a timely manner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter