Magical Express for one person one way?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by DANAW, Aug 9, 2018.

1. DANAW

DANAW Mouseketeer

We have never used Magical Express before as we always rent a car. However, for this trip, my son is taking an earlier flight back. Can I just book Magical express one way for him? Does the bus stop at every single resort, or are there several buses that run? I read you need to allow 3 hours prior to your flight....So new to using this. Thanks for any input!

2. iheartglaciers

iheartglaciers DIS Veteran

I’ve scheduled it one way for one person before, that’s not a problem. You provide the flight information and you’ll get a confirmation of the time under your door the day before.

The buses usually stop at 2-3 resorts, so my all of them :-)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Alesia

Alesia DIS Veteran

The day before departure, he will be assigned a pick-up time which will be about 3 hours (plus or minus 15 minutes) before his flight is scheduled to leave. The assinged time is when the bus leaves, so he needs to be at the platform, completely ready to go, 15 minutes before that.

5. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

1. Yep. Fill this page out, entering just your son's info, for the one way needed. Easy peasy.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/
    2. Nope.
    3. Yep. Works pretty much just like park buses but they go to the airport instead. They group them together based on need, 2, 3 resorts at a time. They'll deliver all the particulars to your room the day before. He can even check his bag, if he has one, at the resort on the day he leaves, if he's got 3 hours before departure. Some early flights, this isn't possible. Bag check hours are 5a-1p

tjmw2727 likes this.
  6. tnolan

tnolan Mouseketeer

Remember that the RAC service for the bag is only for select airlines. At last report:
    • Alaska Airlines
    • American Airlines
    • Delta Air Lines (U.S. Domestic Flights Only)
    • JetBlue Airways
    • Southwest Airlines
    • United Airlines

7. tjmw2727

tjmw2727 DIS Veteran

Also AirTran

8. Carriemel

Carriemel Emma Clare's Mommy

Which, uh, doesn't exist any more...

drwadadli, tjmw2727 and AngiTN like this.
  9. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

True, I tend to take it for granted, we have no other airlines that service here so it's a moot point on my end ;)

tjmw2727 likes this.
  10. StageTek

StageTek It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Just to add that we did this in January of this year. Three of us from different parts of the country. I rented a car and we all drove in together. One of us took DME back because he took an earlier flight than the rest of us. No problems at all!

11. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

They close at noon now.

12. drwadadli

drwadadli T-I-double "guh"-errrr

I am guessing you haven't flown AirTran for awhile since they were acquired by Southwest Airlines in December 2014.

tjmw2727 likes this.