Magical Experience App - Should everyone download it in our group?

sbnuggie

Earning My Ears
Okay,

Getting mixed bag of answers/messages on this topic so a little confused on how this thing is going to work etc. Just a background on the travel party going:

Me - Have the DME account and app, did all of the planning/reservations/purchasing using my account for my family and mother in law, all of our tickets/hotel/dining reservations done under my DME account.
Wife - Does not have a DME account
Twin Daughters (College Students over 18, home for summer going on trip) - They have DME accounts but nothing is tied to their accounts.
Son (15) - Does not have a dme account
Mother in law - Lives out of state and meeting us at WDW,, does not have DME account, her name is on our reservation. I purchased her tickets etc. she is not very computer phone/app literate kinda of person.

So my main question:

We have a hard plastic credit card for tickets, we also purchased everyone a magic band. Should everyone download the my disney experience app, create their own "accounts"? I'm thinking yes... especially to do mobile ordering and access wait times etc, but do i then have them link into our reservations and will that affect anything that I'm not aware of.

thanks

I think you are asking about MDE (My Disney Experience), the phone app......not the Disney bus service to/from the airport.

We find it makes the most sense for everyone in the same room to be on one account. There is really no benefit to each person having a separate account. You add friends/family to your app so everyone can access the information. In the park we find very little need to use a phone unless checking on dining reservations or perhaps using the Disney maps to navigate around the parks. If your mother in law doesn't use phone apps is no big deal in my view and she will be fine without it.

We like to enjoy our time at the parks and don't spend a lot of time with our noses buried in our phones, but to each their own !!!

Okay,

Getting mixed bag of answers/messages on this topic so a little confused on how this thing is going to work etc. Just a background on the travel party going:

Me - Have the DME account and app, did all of the planning/reservations/purchasing using my account for my family and mother in law, all of our tickets/hotel/dining reservations done under my DME account.
Wife - Does not have a DME account
Twin Daughters (College Students over 18, home for summer going on trip) - They have DME accounts but nothing is tied to their accounts.
Son (15) - Does not have a dme account
Mother in law - Lives out of state and meeting us at WDW,, does not have DME account, her name is on our reservation. I purchased her tickets etc. she is not very computer phone/app literate kinda of person.

So my main question:

We have a hard plastic credit card for tickets, we also purchased everyone a magic band. Should everyone download the my disney experience app, create their own "accounts"? I'm thinking yes... especially to do mobile ordering and access wait times etc, but do i then have them link into our reservations and will that affect anything that I'm not aware of.

thanks
MDE app you can do so much there like hotel key order food and tickets. I would recommend everyone using app

Can you all try for rise on the same account at the same time?

My understanding is that more than one person in your group can try to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance. People comment about one person in their group trying wifi and the other person trying cell service. There are separate threads with ideas about how to get a boarding group.

There will be three of us. Would it be better for all of us to be logged into my account? Or should everyone have their own account that is linked?

There will be three of us. Would it be better for all of us to be logged into my account? Or should everyone have their own account that is linked?
It doesn’t matter as far as getting BGs goes. But if you’re the only one with an MDE account now and have everything set up with them as F&F, resort reservations, tickets, etc. I wouldn’t set up new MDE accounts now. Too many headaches if they don’t get linked correctly!

One account with everyone added as friends and family group to your account. Then share the password with them and everyone can access the one account to get your RoR boarding group. If everyone has their own account and everyone goes for their own boarding pass y'all wont be riding together, there's no time to add people to your group when trying to get boarding passes. It needs to be done already and you click through until the end. You stop to read or add people, you're not getting a boarding group.

Yes, everyone should have it, but only 1 account needed. Easier for everyone to be on one account, in my opinion.

Thanks for asking. I'm pondering this as well.

It seems it would be a good idea for everyone in our party to have the app on their phones.

But, I don't want to mess with the plans already made (they're all under my log-in).

For my husband and I, I just have the app and would order food, or look up rides, etc for us. I agree that sharing the login info for one account would probably be the best choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter