**NEW

Celebrate the 65th Anniversary of Peter Pan

View attachment 299272
with Disney’s Photopass at Magic Kingdom Park February 4th thru 10th, 2018!
View attachment 299264
Captain Hook & Mr. Smee (February 4th - 10th ONLY)
Will come ashore to meet you in Fantasyland intermittently from 9 a.m. – 6:15 p.m. Tick tock: Be sure to meet this duo before they head back to the Jolly Roger!

View attachment 299266

Peter Pan Never Land Prop (February 4th - 10th ONLY)
If all of these photo opportunities have you ready to fly off to Never Land, stop by Partners Statue in front of Cinderella Castle where a photographer will have a prop you can include in your photos.

Peter Pan’s Sneaky Shadow (February 4th - 10th ONLY)
Is notoriously difficult to find, but the PhotoPass photographer next to the Captain Hook and Mr. Smee Character Experience is exceptionally skilled at locating it with the help of a special Magic Shot! Stop by and you just might find it in your photo.

Looking for some Magic Shots with a little extra pixie dust?

View attachment 299267

Tinkerbell Magic Shot
Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed in the following locations:
- Entrance
- Main Street, U.S.A.

Fairy Wings Magic Shot
Bridge next to Sleepy Hollow Refreshments in Fantasyland.

Source: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-with-disney-photopass-at-magic-kingdom-park/

And don’t forget to meet Peter Pan in Fantasyland at Character Experiences and Tinkerbell at Town Square!

View attachment 299268

WDW Peter Pan Link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/character-meet-peter-pan/

View attachment 299269

WDW Tinkerbell Link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...aracter-meet-tinker-bell-town-square-theater/

In celebration of Peter Pan's 65th Anniversary Disney has created a new Peter Pan Magicband2

View attachment 299278
"What’s very interesting about this band is that it’s on an all-new base color of dark navy blue. The reverse side of the band shows London at night. This band will be an Open Edition for $22.99 and the SKU for this Peter Pan band is 400020594860."
Source: http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/peter-pan-debuts-on-a-new-dark-blue-color-for-65th-anniversary/

EDIT: Added to Post #1
Oh my gosh!! I live in Massachusetts (but have annual passes) and am trying to find a way to go down before the 10th to get pans shadow pic! Do you think they have them during disney after hours on the 8th?

Oh my gosh!! I live in Massachusetts (but have annual passes) and am trying to find a way to go down before the 10th to get pans shadow pic! Do you think they have them during disney after hours on the 8th?

I looked into Disney After Hours and it states:
The Disney After Hours ticket allows park entry as early as 7 p.m.

It's possible you might be able to get the Peter Pan Shadow Magic Shot but please remember it takes place near the Captain Hook & Mr. Smee meet & greet and their hours are from 9am-6:15pm. The Peter Pan Shadow Magic Shot looks like good lighting is necessary though it never hurts to ask. This should be your first priority upon entering Magic Kingdom so get in line early. Have a great trip & good luck!

Source: Disney After Hours Link;
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/09/disney-after-hours-dates-announced-for-2018/

I looked into Disney After Hours and it states:
The Disney After Hours ticket allows park entry as early as 7 p.m.

It's possible you might be able to get the Peter Pan Shadow Magic Shot but please remember it takes place near the Captain Hook & Mr. Smee meet & greet and their hours are from 9am-6:15pm. The Peter Pan Shadow Magic Shot looks like good lighting is necessary though it never hurts to ask. This should be your first priority upon entering Magic Kingdom so get in line early. Have a great trip & good luck!

Source: Disney After Hours Link;
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/09/disney-after-hours-dates-announced-for-2018/
Where are Captain Hook & Mr. Smee going to be? If I can get off work to go down, we could go in on the afternoon & make that a priority!!

Where are Captain Hook & Mr. Smee going to be? If I can get off work to go down, we could go in on the afternoon & make that a priority!!

Disney's website simply states:
Captain Hook and Mr. Smee will be doing meet and greets in Fantasyland off an on between 9 AM and 6:15 PM.

I did include the link but here it is again:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-with-disney-photopass-at-magic-kingdom-park/

The Peter Pan’s Sneaky Shadow Magic Shot is suppose to be right by it, from looking at that photo is looks to me like the Castle wall. Anyone care to chime in, please feel free.

FYI - There are now 17 Magic Shots at Animal Kingdom instead of 18. Disney has pulled the “Born in China” Magic Shot from their line up. Here's what it looked like.

upload_2018-2-4_23-52-46.png

They also added Figment Painter in their Epcot line up which I have already covered here: EPCOT FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS Post #214

Here's another look at that magic shot.
upload_2018-2-5_0-1-35.png

The Walls at WDW

Lately I've been receiving emails regarding the famous walls at WDW so let's dive into them so you're ready for your next trip!

MAGIC KINGDOM
upload_2018-4-12_11-59-22.png
The Purple Wall
Walk down the ramp from Tomorrowland Terrace toward the entrance to Tomorrowland. Right when you hit the turn into the land, you’ll see the #PurpleWall on your right.

Carousel of Progress Wall
You can’t get up close and personal with this wall since it’s part of the Carousel of Progress, but its bright colors and geometric patterns make it one of the Magic Kingdom’s most fun backdrops. While you’re in line for this classic attraction, be sure to grab a photo.

Tangled Restroom Wall
You know Disney deserves an A+ for attention to details when even bathroom breaks are aesthetically pleasing. As you cross over from Fantasyland and enter Liberty Square, just before the Haunted Mansion is the more beautifully themed rest-stop.

Cast Member Door
As you're walking right down the middle of Main Street USA, on the outside of the Emporium towards the middle, you'll find a small nook. "It takes people to make the dream a reality" and it takes walls like you to make Gram goals a possibility. An inspirational picture for all you fellow cast members out there!

upload_2018-5-11_5-54-22.png
Blue Tile Wall
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM
upload_2018-3-6_13-39-41.png
Harambe Market
The bustling market in Disney’s Animal Kingdom is home to nooks and crannies that have details just waiting to be photographed. You might just find a not-so-hidden Mickey hanging out!

EPCOT
upload_2018-3-6_13-40-52.png
The Bubblegum Wall
Lovingly dubbed “The Bubblegum Wall,” this pink and blue color-blocked spot is one of our absolute favorite walls in Epcot, Guests will find this wall by simply turning right or left just outside of the exit of Spaceship Earth.

Blueberry Wall
Leave the #BubbleGumWall and take two more steps to find the bright #BlueberryWall.

Tooth Paste Wall
While at Epcot, head to The Seas with Nemo and Friends pavilion. You’ll find the #ToothPasteWall upon exiting the pavilion.

upload_2018-3-6_13-43-43.png
The Land
This mosaic right outside the entrance to The Land is a rich combination of colors and patterns. If you’re looking for a spot with a more rustic vibe, you’ll love this wall.

Morocco Wall
Towards the center of EPCOT's World Showcase, you'll come to the exotic lands of the Morocco Pavilion. Now, head into the hallway and you will find nothing but turquoise, tan and navy tiled walls.

DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
upload_2018-3-6_13-45-28.png
Pixar Place
The colors of the stone walls in Pixar Place are so unique. After you grab a photo with this brick beauty, check out the hidden details in the floors that make for the perfect #shoefie spots!

Muppet Courtyard Blue Door & Cheese Wall / Pizza Rizzo
Seriously, who wouldn’t want a picture with an oversized blue door? This spot outside of Muppet*Vision 3D is bright, and definitely a place you can have more fun with your #OOTD picture.

Disney Springs Orange Bird Mural / #DisneySprings
You’ll spot this mural located just around the corner from Erin McKenna’s Bakery.

***NEW Disney style on the west side of Disney springs - Light Up Castle Background
:blush: Sorry for the grainy photos! Cinderella's Castle is all lit up and fireworks shoot off in a brilliant display.

A link to this Post has been added to the Main page! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Photos added on WDW Facebook Magic Shots:

MAGIC KINGDOM - 2
upload_2018-3-6_14-7-51.png

*Casting Agency Magic Shot
Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed near the Casting Agency Door on Main Street, U.S.A.

*Dumbo Magic Shot
Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed in Fantasyland by Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction.

The entire lineup of Magic Shots at Magic Kingdom can be viewed here: Magic Kingdom Post #2

Last edited:
I thought the Tinkerbell and Fairy Wings were a limited time thing for the 65th Anniversary of Peter Pan. I never knew they had permanent Magic Shots. I guess that explains the odd reply when I said I had done "all" of the Magic Shots (Shadow, Wings, Tinkerbell, Take Me to Neverland, and I think maybe one or two others). Too bad they don't still have the shadow, because I want to redo that and the Tinkerbell one. Time to give my AP Included PhotoPass a work out.

ANIMAL KINGDOM

Disney has re-added the Hyenas Magic Shot back into their lineup. Not sure why they chose to eliminate it in the first place, it's awesome and can be found in Africa.

upload_2018-3-6_14-52-3.png

Please NOTE no changes have been made to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Last edited:
I thought the Tinkerbell and Fairy Wings were a limited time thing for the 65th Anniversary of Peter Pan. I never knew they had permanent Magic Shots. I guess that explains the odd reply when I said I had done "all" of the Magic Shots (Shadow, Wings, Tinkerbell, Take Me to Neverland, and I think maybe one or two others). Too bad they don't still have the shadow, because I want to redo that and the Tinkerbell one. Time to give my AP Included PhotoPass a work out.

I wish they would keep the Shadow as well. I had Tinker Bell & Fairy Wings done a few times and feel those are best done when wearing solid clothing like a black dress. With too many colors it just didn't look balanced. Just saying.:flower3:

Fox63 and all others who have helped to compile this list I can't thank you enough. My family and I are visiting Disney in a few weeks and I couldn't be more excited. I only came across disboards.com about two weeks ago and have spent way too much time searching the numerous blogs that others have put great time and effort into compiling. Many questions I have had have been answered and numerous suggestions have been put into the recesses of my brain for when we arrive. I thought the least I could do was to add a small bit from the grunt work that others have put together. I have compiled a Word Document on a single sheet that shows each parks' (and Disney Springs) magic shots and where each is expected to be located. My family and I will use this as we move among the parks. Once again I thank all others on this blog and the rest of disboards.com for all of your hard work that has made our trip easier for us. Hopefully this helps you as you find those perfect Magic Shots on your trip to Walt Disney World.

Addendum: I am unable to find a way to attach the Word file. I have just copied and pasted. If anyone can let me know how to do that, I will gladly repost so you have a better format to keep with you when traveling the World.

Dave Crissman (See Document Below)

Disney Magic Shots

Magic Kingdom

Chip-Front of Gaston’s Tavern and Front of Beast’s Enchanted Castle

Muppets - Liberty Square

Tinkerbell- Main Street and Front Entrance

Prince Naveen (Princess and the Frog)- hub in front of Cinderella’s Castle and Tomorrowland, Adventureland,

Frontierland, Liberty Square

Lumiere (Beauty and the Beast)- in front of Beast’s Enchanted Castle

Pascal (Tangled)- Fantasyland

Sebastian (Little Mermaid)- in front of Under the Sea

Balloons- Entrance and Main Street, USA

Frozen Snowflake- hub area in front of Cinderella Castle, Bridge leading to Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland

Hitchhiking Ghosts- in front of Haunted Mansion

Olaf- front of hub of Cinderella Castle, bridge to Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland

Dole Whip-Adventureland

Mickey Bar-Main Street, USA, Tomorrowland, Frontierland

Ship in a Bottle-Adventureland

Fairy Wings-Fantasyland

Minnie Mouse-Entrance, Town Square, Fantasyland Bridge

Mickey Mouse- Entrance, Town Square, Fantasyland Bridge

Stitch-Tomorrowland

Dumbo-in front of Dumbo

Casting Agency- Casting Agency Door on Main Street, USA

Photo Booth-Space Mountain Arcade Gift Shop (2 booths)

EPCOT

Figment-Future World West, Future World East, backside of Spaceship Earth

Balloons-Future World

Tinkerbell-Spaceship Earth and United Kingdom pavilion

Pascal (Tangled)- anywhere in World Showcase

Figment- anywhere in World Showcase

Frozen Snowflake-Norway Pavilion

Olaf-Norway Pavilion

Mushu (Mulan)-daylight hours in China Pavilion

Iago (Aladdin)- Morocco Pavilion

Fairy Wings- anywhere in World Showcase

Coco- Mexico Pavilion

Mickey Mouse- Future World, anywhere in World Showcase

Minnie Mouse- Future World, anywhere in World Showcase

Spike the Bee- anywhere in World Showcase

Orange Bird- ask photographers

Butterflies- ask photographers

Single Butterfly- ask photographers

Photo Booth-Figment Gift Shop and Imagination Pavilion Gift Shop

Hollywood Studios

Mickey Mouse- fountain at the corner of Hollywood Blvd./Sunset Blvd. and Outside Theater of the Stars

Darth Vader- near Star Tours

Tinker Bell- Park Entrance and Hollywood Boulevard

Minnie Mouse- at the Fountain of the corner of Hollywood Blvd./Sunset Blvd. and Outside the Theater of the Stars

Sebastian- Animation Courtyard

Chip- outside Beauty and the Beast

Stormtroopers- FastPass kiosk between Tower of Terror/RocknRollerCoaster

Balloons- Entrance of park and Hollywood Boulevard

Mike Wazowski-Pixar Arch

Frozen Snowflake- around Echo Lake

Olaf- around Echo Lake

Stitch-Animation Courtyard

Pascal (Tangled)- Animation Courtyard

Animal Kingdom

Wilderness Explorers Sash- Entrance, Oasis, Discovery Island, Asia, Dinoland

Jiminy Cricket- Oasis, Rafiki’s Planet Watch

Pascal (Tangled)- Discovery Island, Rafiki’s Planet Watch

Banshee- in front of Floating Mountains of Pandora-during daylight hours

Woodsprite (Avatar)-in Pandora-during nighttime hours

Tinkerbell- Oasis

Pocahontas- Entrance to the Park

Flik (A Bug’s Life)- Discovery Island

Butterflies- Oasis, Rafiki’s Planet Watch

Wilderness Explorers Dinosaur Badge- Dinoland

Butterfly- Oasis, Rafiki’s Planet Watch

Kaa (Jungle Book)- Asia

Lion King- Entrance to the Park and Discovery Island

Lion Guard- Africa

Bambi- Discovery Island, Rafiki’s Planet Watch

Mickey Mouse-Discovery Island

Minnie Mouse- Discovery Island

Hyenas- Africa

Disney Springs

Disney Photo Pass Studio (Numerous chances for photos-free with Memory Maker)

Photo Booth- Pin Trader Shop

Only for Flower and Garden Festival 2018

This has been eliminated (at least for the time being)

Dave Crissman 3/9/2018 dcrissman2@yahoo.com

Photo Booth-Space Mountain Arcade Gift Shop (2 booths)

Photo Booth-Figment Gift Shop and Imagination Pavilion Gift Shop

Photo Booth- Pin Trader Shop

Thanks for this great list! What are the Photo Booth's you mention? I don't think I've seen anything about them.

Understand...I have never used Photo Pass previously. This will be our first WDW trip that we have used Photo Pass. I have spent a great deal of time reading all of the information on this site. I am just compiling others information. If you go to the very first page of this Magic Shots-Current Listings and scroll about half way down you will see the information (and specific photos) showing where the photo booths are located (and what they look like). Please give all kudos to FoxC63. I just attempted to put this in an easy to print out form to take with you in the parks. (However, this is to no avail because I couldn't figure out how to post the Word document.)

Fox63 and all others who have helped to compile this list I can't thank you enough.

Thanks for the list and the kudos! Just so you know this information can also be accessed via facebook on your phone that's why I never created a list but I can see how this will help many who choose not to burn their batteries. Instead of creating a new platform I'll include your post to the Main page. Thanks so much for your hard work and I hope you and yours have an amazing time!

Thanks for the list and the kudos! Just so you know this information can also be accessed via facebook on your phone that's why I never created a list but I can see how this will help many who choose not to burn their batteries. Instead of creating a new platform I'll include your post to the Main page. Thanks so much for your hard work and I hope you and yours have an amazing time!

Do you have any way that I could attach a word document so the format is already set for people to print out? I have looked throughout the site and haven't found any place that indicates this?

Thanks,
Davef

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter