NEW - Magic Kingdom April 13, 2019 - ONLY

Disney is celebrating a new ride photo at the Haunted Mansion

View attachment 392892

One Day Only Photo Ops, Experiences, and Snacks Announced for The Haunted Mansion on April 13th

Beginning at 9 a.m., there will be a photographer near the exit of the Haunted Mansion offering a “Tomb Sweet Tomb” prop, available during daylight hours. This photographer will also capture a chilling Animated Magic Shot.

View attachment 392870

Photographers near the hearse in front of the Haunted Mansion will possess the ability to make the Hitchhiking Ghosts appear in your photo. In addition, you can come head to head with a Hatbox Ghost Magic Shot when you visit the photographer near the entrance to the Liberty Square Riverboat. These two Magic Shots will be available all day and night beginning at 9 a.m.

View attachment 392871

To really get in touch with your spirited side, waltz over to Memento Mori. On April 13 only, you can take home an 8-inch by 10-inch lenticular image showing your spirited side for the special price of $13.13 + tax.

View attachment 392872

The celebration doesn’t stop at photos! Inspired by the famous clock inside of the Haunted Mansion, a special Midnight Fright Delight “browkie” will be available at the Liberty Square Market for $6.99 + tax.

View attachment 392873

Finally, the Cadaver Dans ghostly quartet will make a special appearance, conjuring up scary-good tunes after the sun goes down in Liberty Square.

View attachment 392874
Do you think eventually they will have the magic shots available every day? so the ride photo will at least be available beyond the 13th?

Do you think eventually they will have the magic shots available every day? so the ride photo will at least be available beyond the 13th?

Yes on the ride photo and no to everything else which is sad.

Ohhh.... neat:

Limited-Time PhotoPass Experience Takes Your Photo From Unique Vantage Point Above Magic Kingdom

I wish I had paid attention to magic shots when we were there last week. I was so happy to be able to experience WDW with our adult daughter and her fiance that I totally neglected asking for magic shots. I will NOT make this mistake when we are there in aug/Sept for the opening of SWGE! My hubby is going to be so happy with me! :rotfl2:

I have a question..... We were in Animal Kingdom on Friday May 24th. On our way to the first viewing of ROL, there was a photopass photographer stationed across from Yak and Yeti.. near where the strings of lights are hanging when you walk into Asia. We stopped and got in line. He was telling everyone that it was going to be a really special photo, something that Disney didn't usually do. He asked the family in front of us to get their child out of the stroller and had each group hunching really close to each other. But.... the only photos in my MDE are just normal pictures. There isn't anything magic in them and out of the two, one is out of focus. The only thing I can think of is that it was supposed to be something with a blurred background with the subjects in focus, but it didn't really turn out? I'm just curious. Did anyone else get a photo here?

I have a question..... We were in Animal Kingdom on Friday May 24th. On our way to the first viewing of ROL, there was a photopass photographer stationed across from Yak and Yeti.. near where the strings of lights are hanging when you walk into Asia. We stopped and got in line. He was telling everyone that it was going to be a really special photo, something that Disney didn't usually do. He asked the family in front of us to get their child out of the stroller and had each group hunching really close to each other. But.... the only photos in my MDE are just normal pictures. There isn't anything magic in them and out of the two, one is out of focus. The only thing I can think of is that it was supposed to be something with a blurred background with the subjects in focus, but it didn't really turn out? I'm just curious. Did anyone else get a photo here?
Maybe the special picture is missing? If you call the photopass number they could look into it for you and possibly find a picture if one is missing. They were very helpful when I had missing pictures.

I would email the photo pass people. I had two missing magic shots and they fixed them for me in a day.

Did that Hub super zoomed in/out photo yesterday at MK.

Kind of cheesy, but I thought it was super cool and pretty neat. We did it around 11:30'ish and there were only 2 people in line.
Where exactly do they take the photo from? Curious where we need to line up. Thanks!!!

Agree with others, it could be missing or in my case the photographer did not scan your magicband completely. This is a warning to others as well. Not sure how to word this to make sense but if you have ever price checked an item like a Target, something happens. The light intensifies for a few seconds. Or you might see a flash. From here on out I'm making sure my party of three all get their bands scanned. Yes, this means I'll have more photos but at least I'll have them.

Did that Hub super zoomed in/out photo yesterday at MK.

Kind of cheesy, but I thought it was super cool and pretty neat. We did it around 11:30'ish and there were only 2 people in line.

Care to share! popcorn::

When we went in February we had the same thing happen, but the magic shot part showed up when we went to download them from the photopass website. Not sure why, it had not happened like that before.

"Agree with others, it could be missing or in my case the photographer did not scan your magicband completely. This is a warning to others as well. Not sure how to word this to make sense but if you have ever price checked an item like a Target, something happens. The light intensifies for a few seconds. Or you might see a flash. From here on out I'm making sure my party of three all get their bands scanned. Yes, this means I'll have more photos but at least I'll have them."

So I am afraid of this as well, my DD bought a magic band bc her school trip tool away the band and gave them hard tickets for the park and passes. Is it better to use the ticket? Bc I told her w rides that she should just know what time and where she was sitting so we can get them pulled up

"Agree with others, it could be missing or in my case the photographer did not scan your magicband completely. This is a warning to others as well. Not sure how to word this to make sense but if you have ever price checked an item like a Target, something happens. The light intensifies for a few seconds. Or you might see a flash. From here on out I'm making sure my party of three all get their bands scanned. Yes, this means I'll have more photos but at least I'll have them."

So I am afraid of this as well, my DD bought a magic band bc her school trip tool away the band and gave them hard tickets for the park and passes. Is it better to use the ticket? Bc I told her w rides that she should just know what time and where she was sitting so we can get them pulled up

If the photographer does not scan your Magicband or photopass card correctly you will not see them at and in my case they could not be recovered.
I know exactly what's missing, my girlfriend had her photos done first, then we did a few shots together and then I did my shots. This is how we did things all night and includes Magicshots, character photos and props. Several of my shots are missing. Frustrating!

Some rides automatically take photos and some even take videos of you on the ride. I believe if you have a Magicband you should be all set and if you use a photopass card you might have to get that scanned though I'm not 100% positive. There is a great up to date thread by @Tomh who might be able to help you, here's the link:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-photopass-and-memory-maker.3663430/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter