We have booked Cat5 rooms for July 12 night Med cruise on Disney Magic. We have done a 10-night in 2010 and it was fantastic, and I booked this new itinerary mainly because of the overnight dock at Venice, Italy. During my last sailing on Magic (5 night NY Cruise), I had a brief conversation with the hotel director, Thomas. I commented that the staterooms were dated, and he told me that Magic will be dry dock for 6-8 weeks in late 2013 (after the Med cruise) and there will be major renovations (redoing all the stateroom etc). We've been on Fantasy this past Christmas and everybody loved it, especially my DD5. Now I am struggling if I should cancel/postpone the Med cruise until Magic's dry dock is over, although there is no guarantee that Magic will have Med itinerary in 2014. We are talking about ~$20K travel budget for the whole family, as we know that the Med cruise is expensive. If I fly to Venice, Paris, and maybe Barcelona for a 12-night road trip it might be much cheaper. If you were me, will you postpone the med cruise and wait for the "new" Disney Magic?