Magic New York 2-night.....?

stitch34

DIS Veteran
We've been soooo up in the air over whether to try a Disney cruise or not... and am thinking this 2-night cruise may be the perfect thing for us to try it out.
Any chance there will be a pirate night on this? I'm doubting it, but was wondering!

We have a deposit on May 2012 3-night Bahamas, and now June 2012 NYork. Am unsure about the May.... as not sure if I'll be okay crusing or not - no way to know till try it I suppose! Worried about seasickness, and well, just feeling claustrophobic being stuck on a ship! Also keep thinking we'll be so bored... which keep hearing that won't be the case!
We really want to experience the ship and the overall cruise experience... so thinking maybe the New York would be wiser for us? If do May... then am squeezing in cruise and must-do park trip... but New York, is just an hour drive from here for the weekend to do it and try it out.
Castaway Cay would be nice to see... granted, not really beach people, maybe spend two hours there tops. Would love to see pretty Bahama water though.
cost is the same pretty much for either one. Wish the NY was less! But wonder if that is enough for us to have a weekend getaway of Disney fun.... and if we love it, then we know to book a future cruise for Bahamas 3... or 4 night.
Magic for NY vs. Dream for Bahamas.... will we enjoy the Magic as much as we are thinking we would enjoy the Dream?

I would say Boredom will not be an issue and Castaway Cay is a huge reason to go on the 3-night and the Dream itself is another huge reason (pun intended).

If seasickness is your concern, I tend to think the waters in the northeast may be active than in the caribbean, but in either case the ships are big and it shouldn't be a problem.

My advice, is do the three day cruise and give yourself the full Disney Cruise experience. Given the prices online, you'd get much better value from the 3 day.

For what it's worth neither my wife or I thought we would enjoy cruising so we did a three day to try it out. I just booked my fourth Disney Cruise....be fore warned!

I would do the 3-night aboard the Dream because you will actually get a better overall experience. You will get to dine in all 3 restaurants, see most of the stage shows, and visit Castaway Cay.

The 2-nt "cruise to nowhere" is basically a day at sea that DCL needs to balance out its 5-nt New England cruises.

definitely go for the more nights. I was soooo skeptical about going on a cruise. DH wanted to go but I had all of the worries that you had. People told me to take the 4 night vs 3 night and boy am I glad I did! I got hooked! As far as seasickness, I took bonine the night before we started our cruise and every night before bed. Never felt sick. We only have cruised on RCI and have NEVER been bored. We said on our first Disney cruise in 2 days! 4th cruise for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter