Magic Mountain reservations

GatorChris

Not of This World
Just went to book a day or two at Magic Mountain for my son's 8th grade graduation. Prices are very cheap for MM right now, so we thought we'd give it a go. We're always driving by it on the way to DL, and all my kids are finally over the height minimum for everything. So we're giving it a go.

They do have a reservation system in place, like all other theme parks. But it's a little different and I can't say that I like it. Yes, you have to reserve the day. But you also have to reserve the time you arrive. Didn't know that until I bought the tickets. The day we get there, the park opens at 10:30am. However, I won't be able to get into until 11:15am. Talk about missing prime ride time. Next day, I could only snag 11am. So we'll be getting off to slow starts. Hopefully, the crowd is limited enough to where we can still ride most of the good ones there.

You can only see the reservation times once you have a ticket/pass number to input, so you have no idea until after you get the ticket. Not a super fan of that. Just wanted you all to be aware.

I agree the reservation system at Six Flags is tough. Their membership program is active, and as far as I can tell you are allowed to have multiple reservations. That results in the next several weekends already booked solid. I know people who booked as soon as they came available and have multiple reservations and have already been several times. I didn’t try until later and haven’t been able to get a reservation for a day I can go!

They're doing that at Knott's, too. It's not ideal, but I get it. They're trying to reduce crowding and lines to get in. I am one of those people that's always at amusement parks an hour before they open, so this timed entry system is killing me. I just keep telling myself I'm a passholder, so I can always go back in the summer.

My recommendation for Six Flags is to go on the water-based rides early if those are of any interest to you. If you're going in the summer, it's always hot there by noon and there isn't much shade, so the water rides get very busy.

Wow! Good to know. We have passes but haven't tried going back since they reopened, we figured we'd start making trips in summer.

They stopped the required reservations, which I'm thinking is leading to crazy, crazy crowds.

I haven't been back to Magic Mountain in a while, but my local Six Flags park has reopened with rides, but still requires reservations. I didn't go earlier because they had timed reservations. For a while I couldn't even get reservations for two weeks, but later it was a few days in advance, but only with the later entry times. They still require reservations but don't have an entry time - just the day. We went yesterday and waited quite a while to get in, but it wasn't so bad in a members line compared the the regular entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter