Magic Mountain - Dec 21

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
I took DS and 3 friends to Magic Mountain last Thursday. Here are a few observations:

1. When the park opened at 10:00 am there was only 1 counter service open. It took me a walk around the entire park to find it. I paid $15 for a cheeseburger, fries and refillable drink. The refills were $1.06 for the rest of the day. A large drink was $4.00 so I thought the refill program was a good value.

There were vending machines where drinks and candy could be purchased though. Candy was $1.50 but I am not sure the drink cost.

2. At least 1/3 of the rides were not open that day. Many rides were not operational at park opening (staff issues?) and we were told to try back later.

3. There were no holiday decorations. The characters wore Santa hats and Christmas music was playing in the Gotham City area.

4. All of the midway type games were open and people were playing them. We saw one man carrying a bag with at least 35 stuffed animals in it.

5. The lines were not too long. The longest ride waits were for Tatsu and Goliath and were under 30 minutes.

6. There was limited entertainment. One 30 minute bird show and one show with the Looney Tunes characters.

7. The character interaction was great. I sat and watched Batman, Robin and Wonder Woman for about 20 minutes. When no one was posing for pictures they were fighting crime around Gotham City.

8. There was a massage station with aqua beds if you wanted to take a break. The cost was $10 for 7 minutes.

The teens had a great time. One went in afraid of roller coasters, and at the end of the day she had been on everything. I stumbled upon a television/commercial taping with Raven Simone. I forgot my camera, but was able to get an autograph for my DD.

Talk around the park was that it was closing next summer?!?

If you have questions, please ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter