Magic Morning - Best Date

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by gappedout, May 17, 2018.

1. gappedout

gappedout Mouseketeer

We were planning on using our Magic Morning on Saturday June 23, however the park does not open until 9am. I have read that Tuesday's are the most crowded days to use a Magic Morning so that would leave Thursday, June 28 as our only other option. The park opens at 8am this day.

Is it better to use a MM when the park open at 8 vs 9? I have a Plaza Inn breakfast booked for 10am but had been planning on the park opening at 8am that Saturday and getting in at 7am. Now I am considering if I should move what day we are planning.

I know WDW updates there hours all of the time but not familiar with DLR. Do the hours ever change once they are announced or are they pretty set since they are announced only 45 days out?

ebharris likes this.
  2. agamble

agamble DIS Veteran

Do it on the Saturday. Saturdays are less busy in general because they blockout the Deluxe APs too. Also, that is the day that the Pier opens. So many people will be heading there. Saturday should be a nice day.

gappedout likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

I will be shocked, SHOCKED if DL and DCA do not open at 8AM that day - with DL MM at 7AM.

Sorry to other posters, but those who say Tuesday MMs are more crowded? I guess it is possible, and I don't want to diss them, but I would give ZERO credence to that. You are worrying WAY TOO MUCH!

Go to MM when it works for you! Really. I have done this many times and I would not waste a nanosecond worrying about it.

:wizard:

soniam, gappedout and ebharris like this.
  5. ebharris

ebharris Mouseketeer

I am watching this thread because I need similar advice for our July trip.

I do notice that the closing time is later (midnight) on the 23rd. But opening says 9am.

Historically, what time does Disneyland usually open on Saturday’s in the summer?

Thanks, OP... I’ll keep watching the replies :)

gappedout likes this.
  6. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

8AM. Every year. Except maybe 2016 when Disney was stressed financially.

"Historical DLR Park Hours, Entertainment and Refurbs" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291124

ebharris likes this.
  7. agamble

agamble DIS Veteran

For some reason they have odd hours this June. Not doing 8 to 12 daily. And shorter hours on weekends I would think they'd open early that day though because parks will be busy.

8. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

MM is better on a day when the opening hour is earlier, so 7 am is better than 9 am. BUT, the bigger factor is the physical state of you and your family. No matter the opening time, the best MM day is the day your family feels their best and has the most energy. A 7 am MM is not great when your family is crabby and dragging the whole time.

ebharris and soniam like this.
  9. gappedout

gappedout Mouseketeer

So true! We arrive Thursday 6/21 from Ohio, first day in parks Friday. So was hoping for a 7am MM on the Saturday as I am sure we will still be on east coast time that early in the trip!