magic kinhdom at phase three again today

What the heck were we thinking??? :confused3 We NEED a vacation and this was the only time that works for all of us! Hoping everyone leaves Friday!! We have a plan so hopefully we'll be ok. No way I'm waiting for hours to ride, I'm mostly afraid of the lines for the potty!

Those of you there now, please keep us updated and :goodvibes for an awesome vacation!

Just remember, no matter how packed it is at Disney... YOU'RE AT DISNEY!!! :dance3: You're not at a desk at work or mowing the yard, or doing laundry! So no matter what, just have fun....you can't be at a better place, that's for sure!pixiedust:

I have a friend there now, she went because one of her bands was selected to perform in Epcot, and her school is on break. She says it's been crazy the past two days and she can barely move. She's so glad she didn't take her kids ( 6 & 4)- she's scared she'd loose them, and there was NO room to move a stroller in MK.

You couldn't get me down there in that crowd. I tend to think the Halloween Parties are crowded! :)

Hope everyone down there stays safe...

My husband's cousin is down there right now and went to IOA today and she said it's PACKED :eek: I told her it would be, no ones likes to listen to the planner and they like to make fun of me for staying on these sites! :sad2: She was planning to go to MK tomorrow but I told her what happened today and said that you all said it's suppose to be much of the same for tomorrow and she said she wants to do AK then but on Undercover tourist is says tomorrow is no good for AK but MK is suppose to be ok. OK being relevant with the fact that it's SPRING BREAK and will be packed no matter where she goes! If you were silly enough to go where would you go tomorrow :confused3

We went to DHS today. 8 am opening and they let us in at 7:33. We got on TSM 3 times, RNR twice and TOT once( broken down a lot today),Star Tours, Indy and GMR . Left after the 2:45 LMA show. Wait times for TSM were 200 minutes this afternoon and 170 for RNR.

So, no issues for us, but it is still unbelievably busy. We have been twice during Xmas/NYE week but never Easter week. We decided this is WAY worse than Xmas week and will never come back at this time. Yes, it is better than sitting at work, but I would rather be at work this week and come back another week. We know how to tour and will be fine, but to those that don't they just spent a ton of dough for a not so great trip.

We plan to go to MK tomorrow and will get there early. We will leave and head back in the evening. We have friends here that went last night and said it cleared out a lot around 11pm so we plan to stay until 1. So, not really worried about us but certainly not the ideal vacation.

We got to MK at 6:50 this AM.

Welcome show.
Photopass pic on Main St.
Buzz
Space Mt
Astro Orbiter
Pooh
Storybook Circus character photos
Under the Sea
snack at Gaston' s Tavern
Haunted
Peter Pan (Fastpass)
Haunted
Chip and Dale photo
Jungle Cruise (Fastpass)
Be Our Guest (50 minutes from getting in line to food delivery)
Railroad
Big Thunder
shopping on Main St.
Parade

Wouldn't have known about the phase three if I didn't read it here.

Dumbo was showing 120 wait when we left.

Have Space and VoLM Fastpasses for 7:30-8:30.

We are here now, and actually went to MK this morning! The morning was very managable, and we were able to do a lot. We arrived at 9 am, rode tomorrowland speedway, little mermaid with fp, took train to frontierland, rode big thunder with fp, splash mountain next (5 min. wait), took train back to fantasyland, rode barnstormer with fp, then dumbo with fp, then jungle cruise with fp. We were able to get so many fastpasses because the times came up very quickly, and you can get a dumbo and barnstormer fp even if your time is not up yet. Then to BOG for lunch, by now it was getting pretty bad, someone said the wait at BOG would be an hour, so we had lunch at CHH. After lunch the crowds were unmanageable, but my son really wanted to do Monsters Inc. We saw Monsters Inc. then left at about 2:30/3. Walking through the crowds were very difficult and we probably should have left a little earlier, but we still had a great day. I've always said I couldn't go on a "10" day, but just touring in the morning is ok.

WOOHOO!!!! The more suckers that are there now, hopefully the fewer will be going back when we go in early Dec!!!! :cool1:

Wow, now I'm worried.

We leave Thursday - doing Legoland and the beach over the weekend, then hitting Disney Monday through Friday.

I have really good plans for the early mornings - doing Tomorrowland and Adventureland Tuesday and Fantasyland Wednesday. But my thought was we'd hang around into the afternoon doing shows and wandering around soaking up the atmosphere. Maybe we'll just have to leave at noon:confused3

Oh well, we're going so hopefully it will all work out.

We have been before twice in early November and once in late April. Both times crowds were low (in the 6/7 range) and were extremely manageable. But now I am teaching full time so school breaks are our only option.

Feeling a bit nervous ....

Wow, now I'm worried.

We leave Thursday - doing Legoland and the beach over the weekend, then hitting Disney Monday through Friday.

I have really good plans for the early mornings - doing Tomorrowland and Adventureland Tuesday and Fantasyland Wednesday. But my thought was we'd hang around into the afternoon doing shows and wandering around soaking up the atmosphere. Maybe we'll just have to leave at noon:confused3

Oh well, we're going so hopefully it will all work out.

We have been before twice in early November and once in late April. Both times crowds were low (in the 6/7 range) and were extremely manageable. But now I am teaching full time so school breaks are our only option.

Feeling a bit nervous ....

Don't feel nervous. As long as you get there early and are prepared for the fact that it will be busy, doing shows and soaking up the atmosphere is a perfect way to structure it. If you plan on leaving at 3 pm and you've had enough by 1 pm then just roll with it.

There is a lot to be said for the atmosphere when the parks are busy and everything is running at max capacity :)

Robbi said:
Not the picture I was looking for but it was like this at Easter 2009. DHS and MK closed 3 times that week. AK was wall to wall people.

My son and I were there! I don't remember it being that bad.

Robbi said:
Not the picture I was looking for but it was like this at Easter 2009. DHS and MK closed 3 times that week. AK was wall to wall people.

I was there! First trip ever! I thought I was so smart taking my kids out the week before our spring break!!!! Ha, ha, ha! Thanks to being prepared (TGM then, easy wdw now) we still had a great time and have gone back several times since.

My son and I were there! I don't remember it being that bad.

That's what I thought too but I have put it down to not knowing any better, lol. I think if you have a strategy and are there really early you sort of 'grow' with the crowd and it doesn't have the same impact as walking into a park that is already near capacity

I was there today from about 9:30 to 4 -- it was insane. But, I was still able to do a few things - got a fastpass for Buzz (for 10:15 to 11:15), then got a FP for Little Mermaid (12:15-1:15 - must say, not at all worth it). Line was nearly 80 minutes for Be Our Guest -- I was there by myself while DH was golfing, so I did the line, and just to see this restaurant and how it worked was worth it (steak sandwich was good, but the lettuce they put on it was awful). Haunted Mansion was 60 minutes, line took you down to the water level by the Liberty Belle and back up .Anybody know why the interactive queue is closed -- just because of the crowds? Didn't even try Pirates or the Mountains. Saw the 3:00 parade, and left. That was all I could take. We'll try AK tomorrow. We're only here this week because DS is with his high school band and choir, so it was worth us coming down, but wow -- after this year, we won't have kids' spring break to worry about (until grandkids), and we WON'T be doing this again.

Although I will say, with temps in the low 60s, there was NO line for Dole Whips at 2 pm.

We were there last week and it was not too crowded at all. I think it must be the combination of college spring breaks and Easter week that is making it so crowded this week.

Mind you, there were some long lines last week, but we went for the advice on this site and it was very manageable. We got there at rope drop for the first time one morning and we did morning EMHs 3 days and one evening EMH. There was only one ride all week that we waited more than 20 minutes for (although we just skipped rides if they were showing a long wait). We also took breaks in the afternoon once the parks started seeming busy and then went back in the evening.

I've been thinking about going there Thanksgiving weekend to celebrate a big birthday. Am I crazy? We're not interested in waiting in long lines at all. Maybe we could go a couple months later when it's not so busy and I could celebrate the b-day a bit (very) late. Would that be just weird?

DHS CMs are being told they cannot park there for the remainder of the week. They will have to park at Blizzard Beach and get shuttled to work. Crowds are now considered to be worse than at Christmas!

We were there in 2009 as well - that was the last time we were there the week before Easter, and here we are again! I remember seeing the signs for the closures but they weren't the days we planned to be there. Lucky us! (Or it's our fault? Hmm...)

We haven't been to MK yet but are planning to do EMH for a few rides and a lunch at BoG Thursday, then on to Animal Kingdom. Guess we'll see! Epcot and DHS were super crowded but manageable yesterday, and using 7am EMH at DHS was the key. Whatever, it's vacation and we're having fun together. It won't be the same as our September weekend trips when we walk right on to everything, but it is what it is!

On a side note: brrrrrr! 59 degrees is not the balmy Florida getaway I'd dreamed of, but we're still having a great time. Really crowded at Disney Quest where we were today but we still managed to have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter