Magic Kingdom to Comtemporary

DisneyCaliCouple

Mouseketeer
I have a two silly questions.

What is the best or easiest way to go from the Magic Kingdom to the Comtemporary Resort? We will be at Magic Kingdom the day that we have a dinner reservation at the Comtemporary Resort at 530. I see that it looks close on the map, but maps can make things appear closer. :)

And the second silly question is..

What is the best or easiest way to get from the All Star Music Resort to the Carribean Beach resort? We are staying at All Stars and have a dinner reservation for 710 at the Carribean Beach Resort.

Thanks for any help and sorry for the silly questions! :)

The fastest way from MK to CR is along the walkway that runs beneath the monorail line. The walk takes about 8 mins or so...and it's quite pleasant. You can take the monorail, but that means walking to the monorail platform, which is in the opposite direction, and then waiting for the monorail to get there, then wait for everyone to board and then make the 3 min ride to CR. I find it much quicker to walk....especially when going back to the MK...the MK is the last stop on the loop from the CR! When leaving the MK though, the CR is the first stop. The order is...CR, TTC, Polynesian, GF, MK, CR.

To get to CBR, you will need to go to a park and then transfer to the AllStar bus. Depends on where you are that day....I would go directly from a park if possible. When returning to AllStars, if a park is still open, then go there and take the bus from there back to AS. If it's too late, and the parks are all closed, then you will have to go to DTD and take the AS bus from there.

Thanks! I was wondering if anything was within walking distance from each other within the resort. Like I said, it looked like it on the map, but you never can tell!

We will be at Animal Kingdom the day that we go to the Carribean Beach Resort for dinner, and I know they close at 5. I see it might be better to just take a bus straight from Animal Kingdom to the Carribean and I'm sure we can kill two hours just checking out the resorts! :)

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

If you have kids they will enjoy the new pirate pool and splash area. Even without kids you could rest and relax by the pool, sun bath on the beach area or go for a nice walk.

Honestly when going from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary you can not go wrong by either walking or taking the Resort Monorail. Now if the Resort Monorail is already at the station when you leave it will be faster, because the Contemporary is the next stop. However if it's not there you will have to wait a few minutes for the next one to arrive, so by then you could have already started walking there and it takes about 10 minutes doing that.

Thanks! I was wondering if anything was within walking distance from each other within the resort. Like I said, it looked like it on the map, but you never can tell!

We will be at Animal Kingdom the day that we go to the Carribean Beach Resort for dinner, and I know they close at 5. I see it might be better to just take a bus straight from Animal Kingdom to the Carribean and I'm sure we can kill two hours just checking out the resorts! :)

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

That is what I would do. If AK closes at 5 you can always get one more ride in by getting in line right before 5. Then walk to the bus, wait for the bus, drive to CBR it could be after 6 before you get there. Kill a little time looking around the resort and it will be time for your ressie. Also, we walk to CR from MK...very short walk. Have fun!! :goodvibes

If you have kids they will enjoy the new pirate pool and splash area. Even without kids you could rest and relax by the pool, sun bath on the beach area or go for a nice walk.

What you're suggesting they do is called POOL HOPPING, which is, as far as I can tell, against EVERY rule/regulation. Sooooo...this is a no-go.

I see it might be better to just take a bus straight from Animal Kingdom to the Carribean and I'm sure we can kill two hours just checking out the resorts! :)
If you are coming from a park, it makes sense to take Disney transportation. But if you are coming from All-Starts, this might be one of those times when it makes sense to take a taxi.

That is what I would do. If AK closes at 5 you can always get one more ride in by getting in line right before 5. Then walk to the bus, wait for the bus, drive to CBR it could be after 6 before you get there. Kill a little time looking around the resort and it will be time for your ressie. Also, we walk to CR from MK...very short walk. Have fun!! :goodvibes

That sounds like a great idea! I forgot you can get on some of the rides right up until the park closes. :)

That sounds like a great idea! I forgot you can get on some of the rides right up until the park closes. :)
Absolutely a good idea. Take as long as you want to AK, right up to closing...as mentioned, if you're in line, you'll be allowed on the ride. Then, leisurely leave the park. It's really a nice stroll at park closing for AK..one of my favorite things to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter