Magic Kingdom to close early on thursday 11/30

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by oliverthecat, Nov 25, 2017.

1. oliverthecat

oliverthecat Mouseketeer

The magic kingdom will be closing early at 4:30pm this thursday due to a cast member function my sister is a cast member and told me. Lots of unhappy guests LOL

2. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

This was announced MONTHS AGO

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. FastPasser.

FastPasser. DIS Veteran

5. kdaigle

kdaigle Earning My Ears

6. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Bring Back MARIE!

Yeah, it's not great for someone visiting on that day, but they can't say they didn't have advance notice.

7. rpb718

rpb718 Mouseketeer

We did the early closing day last year (Nov 17) and it was better than going to MK on a party day. Just about everything we wanted to do was a walk on and short waits for most other rides. It was just like I remembered the EMH used to be years ago, when you could come off a ride and go right back on. I really miss those days.

I think we even left a bit early because we had done all we wanted to and headed over to GF by boat to see the gingerbread house then bused over to DS for dinner and shopping.

Alice Sr. and mom2rtk like this.
  8. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

Leaving mk now. Seriously if you want to do almost everything in one day come on a cm party night. Longest line was only about 40 minutes

OKW Lover, ariane37, sponica and 7 others like this.
  9. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

I rejoice for the cms who get to have an event for them!!

10. CAS239

CAS239 Disney Vet Squad ∞

You can post park hours and info months and months in advance and people will won't double check park hours and complain. Everyone is entitled and is always right.

I could never work guest service.

11. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

I have a friend who is a TA who has a client there now who contacted her and is LIVID about this party and MVMCP and wants to "speak with someone about it" because both events have "ruined her trip". Seriously, these events have been posted for MONTHS. Look at park hours and make a plan. I recall there being 4 theme parks at WDW. Choose another one. Yes, I feel very badly for the guest services CM's who have to deal with these guests.

ariane37, Disnsyncey and CAS239 like this.
  12. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Choose Thy Fate

Disney does everything in their power to let guests know about early park closing times. The Auto Plaza has a sign out front, the Tram spieler says it, there are A-Frame signs saying it will close early. MDE has says it for MONTHS, and it's on the times schedules and the maps, and even more A-Fram signs once you get to the park, and people will STILL say "Um this sure was a last minute thing wasn't it?!?! No one told us!"

Disnsyncey and CAS239 like this.
  13. Mickey's Best Girl

Mickey's Best Girl Magic, mayhem and shenanigans ahoy.

As someone who deals with Jo Public on a daily basis I can tell you that even if these guests were told time and time again about xxx or yyy it probably wouldn’t matter. Many people tend to hear what they want to hear and ignore everything else.

I do not envy WDW Guest Services CMs at all. Those folks deserve to have hazard pay added to their income.

14. poppinspenguins

poppinspenguins Mouseketeer

We just left disney yesterday. Wanted to chime in to say we actually upgraded our 3 day hopper to 4 day hopper last week when we realized it was closing early.

We went last Tuesday for the party day because we love how empty it is. Then we went back on the 430 day. It was awesome.

We were there from 9 to 4. We made our fast passes the day before and got 830 tink, 930 cinderella, and 1045 jungle cruise.

We proceeded to either walk on or fast pass the following:
    Carousel (walk on)
    Carpets (fp)
    Splash mtn (made a 12 noon fp at 1155 while on carpets!)
    Little cars (fp)
    Teacups (walk on)
    Dumbo (walk on)
    Haunted mansion (fp)
    Ariel meet (fp)
    Small world (walk on)
    Tigger and pooh meet (longest wait of day)
    Peter pan (fp for 330, made at 2)

All the mtns, and snow white fp were available all day. We could have most definately have done even more.

Great day with little ones, then headed off to epcot :)

DisneyWishes14 likes this.