Magic Kingdom only 1 day?

Mark Cameron

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW in February and we are thinking about adding another day but not sure what to do with that day. We were thinking about going to Typhoon Lagoon but I thought maybe it would be better to add another park day and split Magic Kingdom into two days. Any thoughts on that? Thanks!

How old are your kids? If they're young, 2 days at MK is good. If they're older, you can do it in one day. For us, even when they were young, it was more like 1.5 days for MK. Now we have a 7 yr old and two teenagers. We're still doing 2 days at MK, but I don't think we'll need 2 full days so we have park hopper.

How old are your kids? If they're young, 2 days at MK is good. If they're older, you can do it in one day. For us, even when they were young, it was more like 1.5 days for MK. Now we have a 7 yr old and two teenagers. We're still doing 2 days at MK, but I don't think we'll need 2 full days so we have park hopper.

My son will be 4 when we take the trip. It will be his first trip to Disney.

I would say 2 days at MK would be good then. You could also consider park hopper so if you finished early you could go somewhere else. But at that age, lots to do in Magic Kingdom.

We are going to WDW in February and we are thinking about adding another day but not sure what to do with that day. We were thinking about going to Typhoon Lagoon but I thought maybe it would be better to add another park day and split Magic Kingdom into two days. Any thoughts on that? Thanks!
Definetly, unquestionably, and surely go to Magic Kingdom for a second day.
Enjoy!

My son will be 4 when we take the trip. It will be his first trip to Disney.

Based on his age plus the time of yr., I would definitely plan two MK days. Then you can take your time, split FP into 2 days, be able to stop and see characters, watch parade, do favorites again, etc. w/o trying to get to everything you want to do in one day. You could also take an afternoon break on one of your days and go back and use the pool(weather permitting of course! ) since you would be skipping the water park.

We went to MK in January from open to close and didn’t get all that we wanted done on the first day.

I would definitely do 2 days there.

We are doing 3 full days plus Disney After Hours on our next trip in January (my teenagers LOVE MK!)

I'd probably do 2 days at MK, partially because its his first time and partially because the weather might be on the cool side for a water park (or it may not...hard to tell that time of year)

You may find the pool at the resort you are staying at will be great for a 4 yr old. I vote 2 days MK.

Another vote for 2 MK days -- it's easier to get our must dos in, and ride a couple of our favorites again.

Another vote here for MK. Even if we do a lot the first day, we always have things we want to repeat there. We usually go at least twice, usually three times.

You can’t go wrong with a 4yo and MK! :)

Thanks yall. I contacted my travel agent and I am adding a night and another park day. I am changing from a preferred room at Coronado Springs to a standard and its only about $250 more for the whole new package. I feel like that is worth it. Now i just have to try to find another table service place to book!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!