Magic Kingdom? I Think I Know My Way Around Magic Kingdom! WDW January 2023 TR **COMPLETE** 9/4 x4

We Love Fantasmic!

Classic story of good vs evil and good winning.

You really did have a long day. I hope you got a break the next day.

Finally, it was time for Fantasmic! We were all really excited that this had reopened before our trip so we could experience it again, and we were looking forward to the new scenes!
As a huge lover of Fantasmic myself, I was so happy that it reopened when it did! It had been far too long :sad:

Sounds like a near perfect Disney day! Fantasmic is a time commitment but at least you're off you feet for a while. After such a long day, wonder if you made rope drop?

After riding, we decided we didn’t need to make that extra effort to get on it another time and we were satisfied with just the one ride.
I can understand that... as much as I love that ride, it is just so hard to plan ways to ride it without investing a lot of time or just spending the money. I think we might buy ILL, but I'm going to struggle just to get our family moving for early entry anyway without having to factor in the even earlier time to make it there for Rise!
And it meant that we were under a lot less pressure to get on as many attractions on our full DHS day, which was a great relief because it had honestly been stressing me out and I was sure we just wouldn’t be able to do everything we wanted to do.
::yes:: I've been stressing about our DHS day more than anything, for our trip. We're taking our rest day the day prior to DHS so that we can hopefully be ready to hit it hard. :rotfl: The best part is that after we scheduled everything and booked ADR's, etc, they announced that Woody's Roundup BBQ officially opens the day we're in DHS so now I get to worry about whether that will make things even more difficult.
The new additions to the show were really fantastic! Fantasmic has not always been a favorite for me, mostly because it takes SO much time since you have to get in there early if you want a good view, then the show is on the longer side, then the slow shuffle out of the amphitheater. But as long as we go in with a good plan and we aren’t missing out on doing other stuff, I don’t mind putting the time into it. So it has sort of been bumped up the list of nighttime entertainment we like to do, especially because the kids enjoy it so much.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the new changes to the show. It really is a hard one to make it to with all the time it sucks up.
DH and I re-evaluated our plan for the next day, because we wanted to rope drop MK in the morning, and Epcot had the deluxe evening hours, so we knew we would need to plan on taking a break away from the parks the next day if we wanted to be able to make it late into the night!
It really is hard to maximize the time without running everyone ragged!

Such a great report! Your kids are amazing!
Thanks so much, you are too sweet!
You really had a great day! Love your pictures- you caught some great shots! Thanks for sharing.
It was a really busy but really fun first day!
We Love Fantasmic!

Classic story of good vs evil and good winning.

You really did have a long day. I hope you got a break the next day.
Fantasmic has definitely grown on me over the years. We really enjoyed it this time around, and were glad it had returned before our trip!

It was LONG, for sure!!
As a huge lover of Fantasmic myself, I was so happy that it reopened when it did! It had been far too long :sad:
We were really happy it reopened before our trip too. The kids were really looking forward to seeing it!
Sounds like a near perfect Disney day! Fantasmic is a time commitment but at least you're off you feet for a while. After such a long day, wonder if you made rope drop?
It was a perfect first day! We had worried so much about not being able to accomplish everything we wanted to do, but we got off to a strong start which made us a little more confident for the rest of the week.

We did indeed make rope drop!! I'm about to post it now.
I can understand that... as much as I love that ride, it is just so hard to plan ways to ride it without investing a lot of time or just spending the money. I think we might buy ILL, but I'm going to struggle just to get our family moving for early entry anyway without having to factor in the even earlier time to make it there for Rise!
At the time that we spent the money, we were kind of regretting it and wishing we had just waited and done it before rope drop on our DHS day. But that day, it ended up being down for most of the morning, so had we gone with that plan, we probably would have missed riding it altogether, so in hindsight, paying for the LL was the best choice! It's just so hard to part with that much money for one ride. :sad2:
::yes:: I've been stressing about our DHS day more than anything, for our trip. We're taking our rest day the day prior to DHS so that we can hopefully be ready to hit it hard. :rotfl: The best part is that after we scheduled everything and booked ADR's, etc, they announced that Woody's Roundup BBQ officially opens the day we're in DHS so now I get to worry about whether that will make things even more difficult.
DHS is STRESSFUL!!! The strategy videos on Touring Plans were very helpful in coming up with our plan. Getting the bonus G was definitely helpful, it's worth it in that park.

Are you doing Woody's Roundup, or just worried about the impact it will have on crowds since it's the opening day? I can definitely see that being an issue with bringing in a lot of bloggers & vloggers for opening day! Hopefully they will just be there to focus on the restaurant and not clogging up ride lines! :rotfl:
It really is hard to maximize the time without running everyone ragged!
Facts. We couldn't have kept the pace we did if our kids were younger!

Day 3: Monday January 23rd

• Park Reservation: Magic Kingdom, early entry 7:30 am
  • Park Hopping: Epcot for Extended Evening Hours, attempt 6 pm Guardians VQ
  • Dining Reservations: Crystal Palace 8:50 am
  • Genie: Yes

Today, we were heading to Magic Kingdom! We were very excited that we just had a quick walk over to the gates. The 4 of us got up at 6:15 am to leave at 6:45, taking some small snacks to share for breakfast since we had a bigger breakfast planned that morning. The plan for the morning was to hit as many things as we could before our breakfast time rolled around. Security on the walkway was really quick! We made it to MK just before 7 am as the sun was coming up.

IMG_9130 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Once it hit 7 am, we scheduled a LL for Peter Pan’s Flight for 11 am. Our plan was to rope drop Space Mountain during the early entry time and try to tackle as much of Tomorrowland as we could. The gates opened soon after and everyone was let onto Main Street. I had goosebumps as we walked in for the first time in 3 years!

This was where the TR title came into play. I was talking to DH about how confusing it was to get around Epcot with all of the construction, the AK Pandora area still confused me a little because we really had not been in there much, and Galaxy’s Edge, FORGET IT. I still don’t know my way around in there! So getting to MK felt like I finally knew my way around without needing a map! If you’ve read any of my Universal TRs, you know my kids have a weird obsession with the Jimmy Fallon ride, and we quote it all of the time to each other. At one point he says, “Times Square? I think I know my way around Times Square!” Replacing Times Square with Magic Kingdom just made sense! I said it to the kids every time we walked into MK for this trip!

IMG_4387 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We stopped for a photo with Roy & Minnie.

We kept making our way up Main Street, big grins on all of our faces!

IMG_4393 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9444 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We stopped for another Photopass photographer on Main Street, then got up as close to the Castle as we could because there was no one crowding around there yet.

DS loves the Disney pups, Pluto & Goofy, and we spotted their 50th statues around the hub.

IMG_4423 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4424 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

After torturing our kids with tons of photos, we made our way over to the bridge to Tomorrowland to rope drop.

IMG_4431 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

After just a couple of minutes on the bridge, we heard a CM coming through the crowd to tell us that Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear were both going to be delayed opening, but we could ride Astro Orbiters or Tomorrowland Speedway. Uhh, NO THANKS! We switched to the Fantasyland entrance instead, but of course, we were way behind the crowd so trying to go for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train didn’t seem like the best use of our time either. So, we had to pivot plans quickly, and decided to hit the stuff in Storybook Circus so we wouldn’t have to skip it, wait for it, or use a LL for it. It seemed like the best & most efficient plan for the time we had before we had to check in for breakfast.

First up, we went to the Barnstormer.

My double chin is embarrassing, but it was the only way to get this cute shot of DD having the best time!

IMG_9459 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9466 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Next, we went over to do Dumbo. As we were talking about who would ride with who, we decided to let the kids ride together in the elephant behind us so we could get photos of them together. They spent the whole time yelling at each other about why their elephant wouldn’t go up and down! Lol

IMG_4436 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4439 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4444 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9469 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4447 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4457 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4459 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Buzz Lightyear had opened by then, so that’s what we did next.

Last edited:
Day 3 Continued: Monday Jaunary 23rd

While we were doing all of that, the rest of the family had made it into MK and decided to spend that time hanging out on Main Street and taking photos.

By that time, the rest of the park had opened, and we saw on the app that Big Thunder Mountain only had a 5 minute wait. It was one of the kids’ favorites last trip, so we decided it was worth crossing the park to do that one before breakfast.

We stopped for a couple of Photopass photographers, one just before the Tomorrowland bridge back into the hub, and one on the Adventureland bridge as we were going to Frontierland.

It was so sad seeing Splash Mountain dried out and walled up! It has always been one of my absolute favorites, and it was really a bummer to be in WDW for the very last day, but not getting to ride. I kept thinking how I could try to make it happen, but since it was our first trip in a long time, I just couldn’t justify spending hours in line for one ride.

IMG_4483 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4485 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9133 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9134 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9472 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We still had time before breakfast, and the wait was still 5 minutes, so we walked right back on again! This time, the kids wanted to ride together.

If you need a little bit of Big Thunder Mountain in your day right about now, DS posted this ride through on his YouTube channel.

Last edited:
Are you doing Woody's Roundup, or just worried about the impact it will have on crowds since it's the opening day? I can definitely see that being an issue with bringing in a lot of bloggers & vloggers for opening day! Hopefully they will just be there to focus on the restaurant and not clogging up ride lines! :rotfl:
No, I did briefly consider trying to get an ADR for it, but we didn't. I was more concerned about the crowd level creeping up that day. Obviously due to the many Disney Influencers. Hopefully they decide to just check out the shiny new restaurant and get the heck out of there.
I had goosebumps as we walked in for the first time in 3 years!
I can relate... DW and I were able to go over New Years weekend for a quick weekend trip. Which was nice to help strategize for our family trip, but it was also the first time we'd been since 2019. It really was an incredible feeling to be back!
and Galaxy’s Edge, FORGET IT. I still don’t know my way around in there!
This!!! I think I walked by Oga's Cantina 3 times trying to find it. And then later on I was told by Kylo Renn to get out of his way while I was looking at a map trying to find the restrooms.
Next, we went over to do Dumbo. As we were talking about who would ride with who, we decided to let the kids ride together in the elephant behind us so we could get photos of them together. They spent the whole time yelling at each other about why their elephant wouldn’t go up and down! Lol
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: That sounds about right!
By that time, the rest of the park had opened, and we saw on the app that Big Thunder Mountain only had a 5 minute wait. It was one of the kids’ favorites last trip, so we decided it was worth crossing the park to do that one before breakfast.
Can't turn down a 5 minute wait on BTMRR. Gotta be nice that the kids are old enough to be up for that quick cross park walk.
We still had time before breakfast, and the wait was still 5 minutes, so we walked right back on again! This time, the kids wanted to ride together.
Back to back rides??? Even better!!!
If you need a little bit of Big Thunder Mountain in your day right about now, DS posted this ride through on his YouTube channel
Cool! Good thing he had a chance to do that before they started cracking down on phones being out on the rides.

I can relate... DW and I were able to go over New Years weekend for a quick weekend trip. Which was nice to help strategize for our family trip, but it was also the first time we'd been since 2019. It really was an incredible feeling to be back!
For awhile I didn't miss it too much because of all the restrictions & changes, but once things started getting more back to normal, I was ready to be back and it hit me how long it had been since we had been there!
This!!! I think I walked by Oga's Cantina 3 times trying to find it. And then later on I was told by Kylo Renn to get out of his way while I was looking at a map trying to find the restrooms.
It's so needlessly confusing back there. I still couldn't tell you where anything is!
Can't turn down a 5 minute wait on BTMRR. Gotta be nice that the kids are old enough to be up for that quick cross park walk.

Back to back rides??? Even better!!!
Yes! The only thing better than a 5 min wait, is back to back rides with a 5 min wait!
Cool! Good thing he had a chance to do that before they started cracking down on phones being out on the rides.
He had his GoPro strapped on his wrist to film this one. He is braver than me on rides with his phone out, but I don't think even DH would have attempted to record this one on his phone!

Day 3 Continued: Monday January 23rd

It was 8:30 am by then, and we had already been able to do 5 rides! Our breakfast was scheduled at 8:50, so we all met up at Crystal Palace and checked in.

IMG_9478 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9482 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9484 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DN was a big fan of Waffles the Banshee!

IMG_9488 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Shortly after checking in, we were called to go to our table.

IMG_9490 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Once we were seated and our server explained how the character rotations would work, we saw we had plenty of time before the first character would make it there so we started making trips to the buffet. I couldn’t wait for the puffed French toast and churro Mickey waffles!!

IMG_9136 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9137 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9138 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9139 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The first character to come around to see us was Winnie the Pooh!

IMG_9495 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9502 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9504 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

After visiting with Pooh Bear, a funny moment happened. DS and his goofy middle school friends make up these “clubs” to be in, and one that just tickled my sister the most to hear about was when they were in The Croissant Club. If you read my last DCL TR, you might even remember how DS devoured as many croissants as he could every morning at breakfast. So this morning at Crystal Palace, he of course had croissants on his plate. My sister made the joke, “Shouldn’t you send your friends in The Croissant Club pictures of your croissants?” And DS said, “That’s a GREAT idea!!”

IMG_0092 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_0093 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9512 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9513 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

He is such a goofball!! Next up to visit our table was Eeyore.

IMG_9522 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9151 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DN was getting increasingly upset by the characters coming to the tables. He was watching them intently as they got closer, and he would just lose it and start crying when they made it to our table. I know Nanny was disappointed, but you just never know how toddlers are going to do with characters until you try it.

DH and DD were the only ones to get ice cream for breakfast.

IMG_9525 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Another funny moment happened when it was our turn to meet Tigger. Poppi was totally engrossed in looking at his camera, so he did not notice for several seconds that Tigger had snuck up behind him and was looking over his shoulder. His reaction when he did notice was priceless!

Untitled by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9528 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9534 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We were all way beyond stuffed and finished eating, but we had to wait a few minutes for Piglet to make his way over to our table.

IMG_9537 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Piglet was a little scared of the Venom on DS’s t-shirt.

IMG_9543 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9187 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

As we were finishing up our meal, it was time that we could book another LL. We grabbed one for Pirates of the Caribbean for 10:35 which meant we could basically head over there and use it right away. We also had a quick discussion about the Chef Mickey’s reservation we had for breakfast the next morning. I had made it for the whole group, but from the beginning we were pretty confident that the 4 of us were not going to go. My sister though really wanted to take DN to see all of the Fab 5 there. However, after seeing how he had reacted to the Winnie the Pooh characters, I asked her if she still wanted to pay for another expensive breakfast when he was so upset around the characters. She conceded that it was probably not worth the money, so I went ahead and canceled it right then.

I was still on the hunt for new sunglasses, and we spotted the Sunglass Hut location in Adventureland, so we stopped in there. I wanted to laugh out loud at those prices! Definitely NOT what I was looking to spend on a second pair of sunglasses! But it wasn’t a total waste because they had this cute 50th sign outside.

IMG_9188 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4489 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9561 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4491 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

My sister adopted DD’s signature pose for this one on the boat.

IMG_9579 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

This was another photo we were missing. The wrong one was uploaded to our account, and the communication from Photopass when I submitted the ticket was that it had to be sent to the IT department, so I don’t have high hopes for this one. **They actually came through and located this one!

As we were tapping in to use this LL, for some reason even though my dad had tapped in using his phone, it was showing he still had the LL booked, so we couldn’t add him when we made our next LL for It’s a Small World. While we looked around the Pirates exit shop, Nonni & Poppi went ahead of us to find one of the blue umbrella Guest Services locations to figure this out.

By now I had realized that all of the shops had the same selection of sunglasses so if I wanted something that wasn’t DH’s wire frames, I had to just pull the trigger on a pair, so I grabbed some and had to use some of my snack money gift card to pay for them. DN’s favorite movie right now is Coco, and there was lots of Coco merchandise in there, so my sister bought him a little stuffed Miguel.

We caught up with them at the blue umbrella, and Camilo was helping my parents figure out their issue. My dad had set up Magic Mobile on his phone and linked both his and my mom’s ticket. So even though he had tapped his phone and gotten the green light, it had scanned my mom’s ticket and not his, so it was like he had never used the LL and that was why we couldn’t select him when booking Small World. Camilo was able to help us cancel the Pirates LL and get us a time for Small World that was not exactly the same as ours but close enough that we just had to wait for the times to overlap. And now we knew we had to get my dad’s Magic Mobile fixed so it only had his ticket, or they needed to use their hard tickets instead of phones when tapping in to use their LL.

By now, it was time that we could use our Peter Pan’s Flight LL, so we made our way over to Fantasyland.

IMG_4531 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

The best potties in Disney, the Tangled bathrooms!!

IMG_4536 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4537 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4538 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4540 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DS decided instead of wearing Waffles on his shoulder, he wanted to put him on his hat.

IMG_9195 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Then we were off to Neverland!

IMG_4590 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4544 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4557 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4558 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4578 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4587 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Next, we could head over to It’s a Small World to use our next LL. As we were getting in line, we booked our next one for Haunted Mansion at 12:55 pm.

IMG_4592 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9580 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9197 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4597 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4598 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4599 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4601 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4604 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4605 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4612 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4613 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4615 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4617 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4620 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4623 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

It was around 12:00 by then, so still too early to use our Haunted Mansion LL. We went over to do Philharmagic. I totally forgot until we sat down and the show had started that they had added a Coco scene. I knew DN would be excited to see that!!

IMG_9199 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9200 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4632 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

As expected, he loved the Coco scene, and so did the rest of us! We all love that movie too, and it was so nice to have some new scenes in such a beloved and fun attraction that we have done many many times.

After that, we went off in different directions. Princess Fairytale Hall was listing a 25 minute wait for Rapunzel and Tiana, so DD and I were going off to do that. DH and DS wanted to check out the Frontierland Shooting Gallery, and I’m not totally sure what everyone else was doing to kill the time until we could go on Haunted Mansion. Maybe the Carousel?

DH took a few more photos of the Tangled tower for me when we grabbed our strollers.

IMG_4635 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4636 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4638 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9201 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9203 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

DH and DS also made a stop inside a shop to get DS a Munchling. He smelled the bottoms of the boxes until he found the one he wanted, which was the Eeyore Blueberry Muffin.

IMG_4640 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Unfortunately, while their time was pretty productive while we waited for our HM LL to be usable, DD’s and my time was NOT! The wait at Princess Fairytale was absolutely miserable. I don’t know if they had less rooms being used or what, but it was definitely not 25 minutes as posted. We stuck it out for awhile without making a whole lot of progress because it was so long between groups of people being let into the greeting rooms, and finally we decided to give up and try another day because we could use our Haunted Mansion LL by now, and we still wanted to leave the park for an afternoon break.

IMG_4643 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4645-2 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4647-2 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4651 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4662 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4717 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We stopped for the Photopass photographer taking photos in the queue!

2023-01-23 - Magic Kingdom Park - Haunted Mansion_6 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

2023-01-23 - Magic Kingdom Park - Haunted Mansion_3 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

2023-01-23 - Magic Kingdom Park - Haunted Mansion by disneymom1024, on Flickr

We also stopped for another photographer out by the hub grass who didn’t have anyone waiting for him. It was a bit bright over there, so it was tough to get photos of us all looking and all of our eyes open!

After that, we made our way out of MK and took the quick walk back to BLT. It sure never got old being within walking distance of MK!

You all look so happy to be back in MK! Smiles all around. Nice you and your family could enjoy the early park touring your way then meet up with the others. I've found park time is hard with a bigger group - splitting up at times is key to a good time! Love the food at CP - croissant club :rotfl2:You really made the most of your day and the weather looks perfect. How nice to just walk back to your hotel!

Your Pooh & friends breakfast looked delicious and who wouldn't want to be a member of the croissant club?! Love the DCL hat your ds is wearing.

I must have read your trip reports before because your family looks familiar! I am loving this one. The photos are fantastic and I DID need to feel a little Thunder Mountain so thanks for sharing the ride video! I have never had breakfast at Crystal Palace but that french toast looked divine. We did dinner there years ago and loved seeing the characters. My girls are too old for that now (to justify the cost) so I wonder if they have that french toast somewhere else?

Your room views were perfect, I am glad that worked out for you. We have never stayed within walking distance of MK but we LOVE the Boardwalk for this reason. You just cannot beat that flexibility!

We are headed to Universal soon so I need to find your old reports from there!

Finally, we have a dog named Waffles so that made me giggle!

You all look so happy to be back in MK! Smiles all around. Nice you and your family could enjoy the early park touring your way then meet up with the others. I've found park time is hard with a bigger group - splitting up at times is key to a good time! Love the food at CP - croissant club :rotfl2:You really made the most of your day and the weather looks perfect. How nice to just walk back to your hotel!
Yes, splitting up kept us all sane! I think DH and I would have gone crazy waiting on everyone else, and they would have gone crazy trying to keep up with us. It was nice to split up and meet up for meals and small pockets of time to ride stuff together.

The weather was so great this week, except for one small snafu later on in the week. Even when it got colder later on, it wasn't uncomfortably cold, and even when it was pretty hot some days, without the humidity we were not dripping in sweat.
Your Pooh & friends breakfast looked delicious and who wouldn't want to be a member of the croissant club?! Love the DCL hat your ds is wearing.
Haha they make up such crazy "clubs"! Croissant Club was definitely a highlight one.

I tried to dissuade him from buying that hat because I was sure he'd never wear it, but he has proved me wrong!
I must have read your trip reports before because your family looks familiar! I am loving this one. The photos are fantastic and I DID need to feel a little Thunder Mountain so thanks for sharing the ride video! I have never had breakfast at Crystal Palace but that french toast looked divine. We did dinner there years ago and loved seeing the characters. My girls are too old for that now (to justify the cost) so I wonder if they have that french toast somewhere else?
Welcome back!

I don't think I have ever seen it anywhere else! It would be great if there was someone else to find it on property too, because it is absolutely delicious.
Your room views were perfect, I am glad that worked out for you. We have never stayed within walking distance of MK but we LOVE the Boardwalk for this reason. You just cannot beat that flexibility!
So later on in the week, we spent a TON of time at Epcot and walked to Beach Club for a meal. My kids are now asking to stay in the Boardwalk area to be able to walk to Epcot next time!
We are headed to Universal soon so I need to find your old reports from there!
ENJOY! We were listening to a podcast the other day, and they asked the guest "Disney World or Disney cruise?" So I posed the question to my kids, and DS said, "Universal!" :rotfl:
Finally, we have a dog named Waffles so that made me giggle!
It's a great name!

Once back in the room, I hurried the kids into their bedroom to nap. Both of them kept saying they didn’t need a nap, but they definitely both passed out, and thank goodness because we had a long night planned! I tried to fall asleep, and despite feeling really tired as we had been walking around the park all morning and our early wakeup, I just couldn’t fall asleep. Sometimes I fall asleep so briefly that I don’t even realize it, so it feels like I have been laying there awake the whole time. DH thought that might be what had happened because he told me I had fallen asleep because I had been twitching, but I told him I had felt myself twitching every time. The reason I mention this is because another day when we tried to nap and I didn’t think I had managed to fall asleep, DH asked me, “Well, did you feel yourself snoring? Because you definitely were!” So that day, I had indeed fallen asleep! :rotfl:

DH took some photos from the balcony of our view of Space Mountain & the top of Cinderella Castle peeking out over the trees.

IMG_4720 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4721 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4723 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

At some point either after using our HM LL or while we were on our break, we had booked one for Soarin’ for that evening at Epcot. We left the resort around 5:15 pm to head to Epcot. DD had gotten my mom to do some French braid pigtails for her before we headed out for the evening, and she had grabbed her Porg shoulder pet she got on our last cruise named Nicole to join us for the evening.

IMG_9581 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

It was really nice being able to take care of security checks on the walking path to MK and before getting on the monorail from the Contemporary when we were going to Epcot!

IMG_9583 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9586 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9588 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

While we were on the monorail to Epcot, we placed a mobile order for Connections Eatery. It was excited to see all of the Festival of the Arts decorations as soon as we entered the park!

IMG_9211 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Once we had checked in for our mobile order, it was time to try for the 6 pm Cosmic Rewind VQ for the Extended Evening Hours! We had read that it was pretty easy to get a boarding group with this drop, but with it being our first time trying for it, we were still a little nervous about it, but we got one as soon as it became available!

The kids got pizza slices, DH had the kids chicken meal, and I got a really delicious chicken sandwich for dinner! It was our first time eating at Connections Eatery, and it was very good. The pizza was not the typical gross Disney pizza we were expecting.

IMG_9590 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9591 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

I’m not sure where our family ended up eating, but we were planning to meet up for our Soarin’ LL. After dinner, we took a look through Creations Shop, and then made our way over to the Land. We also at some point during the day had decided we would get a Figment popcorn bucket. DS had decided he loves Figment now, so he really wanted to bucket as a souvenir. I had been planning to get one of the cheap 50th Anniversary buckets with my snack money so we could get refills throughout the trip. But once he decided he wanted the Figment to bring home, we ended up using the Visa Rewards points my aunt had given us to purchase it for DS. Since there was $77 left, we had figured about $25 per kid and that was the cost of the bucket so it worked out well. We liked that we were able to mobile order him instead of the fiasco last year of people waiting for hours in line, and we would be able to go pick him up a little after 8 pm.

IMG_9215 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9216 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

When we set up the rider swap before going on the ride, Jordan was super helpful and asked who would be riding twice. We had already let the kids discuss and they had settled on DD riding twice since DS had done Slinky Dog Dash twice the day before. But then Jordan asked, “Does anyone else want to ride twice?” and let both kids get a rider swap pass. Very nice, and very unexpected!

DD is a HUGE fan of the Netflix show, A Series of Unfortunate Events (and now I am reading the books to her), and she has watched it several times through. She was totally surprised and excited to see Lemony Snicket during the Soarin’ pre-show!

IMG_9219 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

When we finished Soarin, while Nanny took DS and DD for their turn, the rest of us took DN over to ride Living With the Land.

IMG_4726 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4728 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4733 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4739 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4741 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4744 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4745 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Since we had Genie+, we had booked a LL for Journey into Imagination, so we went to use that, even though it was absolutely unnecessary.

IMG_4747 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4753 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4755 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4759 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4762 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4767 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4770 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4776 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4778 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4782 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4786 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4788 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4793 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4797 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4798 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

It was 8:30 am by then, and we had already been able to do 5 rides!
That really was an incredible morning!
My sister made the joke, “Shouldn’t you send your friends in The Croissant Club pictures of your croissants?” And DS said, “That’s a GREAT idea!!”
:rotfl2: Gotta dunk on your friends once in a while. Not only is he eating croissants, he's eating Disney croissants!
I know Nanny was disappointed, but you just never know how toddlers are going to do with characters until you try it.
Heck, you never know how they're going to act with characters sometimes even when they're older than that and have done it before. :confused3
We also had a quick discussion about the Chef Mickey’s reservation we had for breakfast the next morning. I had made it for the whole group, but from the beginning we were pretty confident that the 4 of us were not going to go. My sister though really wanted to take DN to see all of the Fab 5 there. However, after seeing how he had reacted to the Winnie the Pooh characters, I asked her if she still wanted to pay for another expensive breakfast when he was so upset around the characters. She conceded that it was probably not worth the money, so I went ahead and canceled it right then.
Probably a good call. And a lot of money saved!
Camilo was able to help us cancel the Pirates LL and get us a time for Small World that was not exactly the same as ours but close enough that we just had to wait for the times to overlap. And now we knew we had to get my dad’s Magic Mobile fixed so it only had his ticket, or they needed to use their hard tickets instead of phones when tapping in to use their LL.
I'm glad that they were able to fix that. We still used magic bands and I like them for the simplicity. I saw a lot of people using their phones to try to scan through multiple tickets at the LL tap in while our whole group could just go to the other side and tap our bands and basically get through quicker.
As expected, he loved the Coco scene, and so did the rest of us! We all love that movie too, and it was so nice to have some new scenes in such a beloved and fun attraction that we have done many many times.
I really liked the updated Philharmagic. It has always been something that I enjoy and I'm really glad they gave it some love and refreshed it rather than replacing it with something different.
Unfortunately, while their time was pretty productive while we waited for our HM LL to be usable, DD’s and my time was NOT! The wait at Princess Fairytale was absolutely miserable. I don’t know if they had less rooms being used or what, but it was definitely not 25 minutes as posted.
We had LL for Cinderella and Elena last week. We were the 3rd group in line when we walked in to the LL. We waited over 20 minutes there before we got to enter the room with the princesses to wait in the line there. Not sure what it is, but the princess fairytale hall just seemed to be very inefficient!

That really was an incredible morning!
The extra 30 minutes in the morning, even though it didn't sound like a lot when Disney announced the change, actually really helped for the most part. We could get so much done!
:rotfl2: Gotta dunk on your friends once in a while. Not only is he eating croissants, he's eating Disney croissants!
The best kind!!
Heck, you never know how they're going to act with characters sometimes even when they're older than that and have done it before. :confused3
This is so true. DS has always loved them, but DD wasn't a fan when she was this age. Thankfully she warmed up, hopefully DN does too by the next time he goes!
I'm glad that they were able to fix that. We still used magic bands and I like them for the simplicity. I saw a lot of people using their phones to try to scan through multiple tickets at the LL tap in while our whole group could just go to the other side and tap our bands and basically get through quicker.
The MagicBands were definitely quicker!! We have tons of the free ones, and one set of upgraded ones we bought on our 2020 trip, but my parents never stayed onsite when they were included. I didn't blame them for not wanting to buy a set, but trying to figure out the Magic Mobile was kind of a headache, especially for them.
I really liked the updated Philharmagic. It has always been something that I enjoy and I'm really glad they gave it some love and refreshed it rather than replacing it with something different.
I totally agree!! I love this show and all the nostalgia, and I love that they just added to it instead of taking anything away or changing it completely. It's a great 3D show!
We had LL for Cinderella and Elena last week. We were the 3rd group in line when we walked in to the LL. We waited over 20 minutes there before we got to enter the room with the princesses to wait in the line there. Not sure what it is, but the princess fairytale hall just seemed to be very inefficient!
What a pain! I think this experience taught us never to trust the standby time, and to do either a LL or rope drop it. That's kind of crazy how long you still had to wait with a LL!

After journeying into imagination together, we split up from my parents & sister. I think they still needed to get some dinner by then. We spotted a Photopass photographer over by the exit of the Imagination building, so we stopped for photos. I think he was probably on the spectrum because he was telling us about silly dreams he has sometimes, and the kids thought it was hilarious! He had us do some really interesting poses. First, a normal one.

Then he started asking us questions. Who is the most silly?

Who doesn’t like to wake up in the morning?

Who always gets lost?

Who never knows what’s going on?

And then one where we had to be shocked at DH’s Figment wings!

There were a couple of other poses, I’m not sure what we were supposed to be doing in those. But it was very fun! The kids really really loved him, and loved recalling during the trip his crazy dreams he had told us about!

We stopped for another Photopass location that I had totally missed, but DH had read about and wanted to do. It was only done at night because the photographer would do a really long exposure while another CM ran behind us with a light stick making different patterns! It was something special they were doing for Festival of the Arts. The line wasn’t too long, so we stopped to do that, and it turned out so great!

By now, we could pick up our Figment popcorn bucket! Who needs a room full of Stormtroopers when you can have a table full of Figments?!

IMG_9221 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9223 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9598 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

It came with a bag of rainbow popcorn, which was good but hard to eat too much of it. Except for DD, she was chowing down as we walked over to World Showcase!

IMG_9599 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Frozen only had a 20 minute posted wait, and was definitely one of the rides we were hoping to accomplish during the late hours so we went straight to Norway. We ended up waiting less than 10!

IMG_9225 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_9602 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4807 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4816 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4819 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4821 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4827 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4829 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4836 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4848 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

IMG_4856 by disneymom1024, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter