Magic Kingdom First Family

WDWMousing

Earning My Ears
With the Magic Kingdom Welcome Show moving from the Gateway and Train Station to the Castle Stage, is there still a First Family selection. There is no mention of it anymore on the Disney Sites. And I've read that their no longer being selected. Is that true? Sad if it is.

Correct - there is no longer a first family. The new show only features one of the Royal Majesty Makers and 15 or so characters

I have heard that the opening being at the castle is just temporary though?

I don't know where. It has been said to be permanent since it began.
The train has been up and running for a week now, and the show is still at the castle

Why would they ever move it back? Moving crowds inside has been a money maker for all of main street, it alleviates congestion at security (though that is moving it still was a total mob trying to push thru two tunnels), non ticketed guests could watch the show, and did I mention the cash they pull on Main Street? It honestly is surprising it took them almost 50 years to capitalize on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!