Magic hopefully docking soon!

sambycat

DIS Veteran
Woke up to find us still ~50ish miles from Galveston due to foggy conditions and the port being closed. DCL has been amazing, adding tons of activities, letting us stay in our rooms and use the shops even! Got the ok to proceed into port about 30" ago with a pilot (I've no idea what that means). Hope to be off this boat before 4!! Crew has been great. We of course are driving home so we aren't as freaked out about things as people flying might be, but everyone seems in good spirits. Crew members have indicated today's passengers got some sort if notification last night?

Has been a great cruise, we did miss costa maya due to weather/choppy seas.

We got an email this morning that said to wait 4 hours, and a little bit ago got another that said wait 6 hours. That is great that they had extra activities. Really nice that you don't have to worry about catching a plane.

Cool. I have the webcam up and thought I had missed it already! Thanks for updating :)

We are twirling about now, they've called the express walk off folks to the beat street lounges. Hopefully all the early disembarkers and those catching planes can somehow get off quickly when we are okayed! We are hanging out in the room till a good 30" past when they announce we are cleared to go. Again, the crew has been amazing - movies running all morning, activities opened up, pretty much full meal and beverage service as far as I can tell.

They do a good job of getting it together on short notice when "stuff" happens. This situation is rather unusual, but missing a scheduled port of call due to weather is much more common.

Safe trip home to everyone.

Disembarkment has begun. Kudos again to DCL and the Magic crew. They will have her polished up for you next cruisers ASAP!

We were on the ship and disembarked around 4:30. I agree with the previous posters - the crew was great in terms of activities, meals, etc. I do feel they should have provided more frequent updates, even just to say "no change".

We missed our 4pm flight home and are now in a hotel near Hobby Airport with lots of Magic "refugees". Hopefully we'll make it home tomorrow.

We were on the ship and disembarked around 4:30. I agree with the previous posters - the crew was great in terms of activities, meals, etc. I do feel they should have provided more frequent updates, even just to say "no change".

We missed our 4pm flight home and are now in a hotel near Hobby Airport with lots of Magic "refugees". Hopefully we'll make it home tomorrow.

That stinks. I like to study how airlines handle different situations. Just curious what airline you are on (assuming Southwest) and how they handled it. Did they charge you to change your flight to tomorrow?

That would be terrible to be stuck an miss your flight! Still, I guess it's better to be stuck ON a Disney Cruise than stuck and unable to get on one.

ksucats said:
That stinks. I like to study how airlines handle different situations. Just curious what airline you are on (assuming Southwest) and how they handled it. Did they charge you to change your flight to tomorrow?

We are on Air Tran. We had to argue and plead but they finally, after numerous calls, agreed to not charge us the $2000 or so to change our flight. It would have not only been the change fee ($75 per ticket) but the difference in fare between what we paid and buying a ticket today for a flight tomorrow. A number of us were in the same position. Of course missing the flight wasn't Air Tran's fault but charging people upwards of $2000 would have been punitive and exploitive and just plain heartless.

hannah's dad said:
We are on Air Tran. We had to argue and plead but they finally, after numerous calls, agreed to not charge us the $2000 or so to change our flight. It would have not only been the change fee ($75 per ticket) but the difference in fare between what we paid and buying a ticket today for a flight tomorrow. A number of us were in the same position. Of course missing the flight wasn't Air Tran's fault but charging people upwards of $2000 would have been punitive and exploitive and just plain heartless.

That was nice of them. Of course they could have stood firm, but good for you they didn't. There is always risk of traveling without insurance, especially when have two non refundable, unconnected travel reservations on the same day. Like somebody else mentioned, thankfully you had weather delays causing you to miss your flight home instead of missing the cruise.

And another good argument for getting travel insurance.

Glad you could get the flight you needed.

:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter