Magic heading back to Miami....

amscene

Earning My Ears
Captain says we will be there in 2 hours for a maximum 1 hour and will still head on to key west on time. We are going for "critical supplies"

No trip report, but so far we have to call the guest services every time we want to flush our toilet. And have seen 3-4 leaks from pipes in the ceiling, 2 flooded staterooms. It's clear it's gonna take some time to work the bugs out. Still contractors onboard working.

Do you think it's possible to ask for some kind of discount or credit because our toilet has not worked at all?

If it were me I would be at least asking to move rooms. Depending how bad things are maybe some compo too, if it was spoiling my cruise.

It is sad to see that there are so many problems after the refurb on what I feel is a superior cruise line.

Carnival did a refurb on a ship called Carnival Sunshine earlier this year there were major problems reported on a number of cruises. Sadly this now seems to be the industry norm, regardless of how prestigious the cruise line is.

I'm sorry to hear about your plumbing problems. Hope you are able to get the essential supplies.

Captain says we will be there in 2 hours for a maximum 1 hour and will still head on to key west on time. We are going for "critical supplies"

No trip report, but so far we have to call the guest services every time we want to flush our toilet. And have seen 3-4 leaks from pipes in the ceiling, 2 flooded staterooms. It's clear it's gonna take some time to work the bugs out. Still contractors onboard working.

Do you think it's possible to ask for some kind of discount or credit because our toilet has not worked at all?

what room?

We are also on the Magic and having toilet problems. Room 2578. Maybe they will pick up more contractors in Miami!

Like to hear what stateroom you are in (I think everyone with a Disney Magic reservation coming up) Just hoping all the issue are getting worked on and will be resolved soon. I know that the issues with stateroom are getting address ASAP and fixed the minor ones. But this flushing and flooding is continuing and seems that is not getting fixed. :confused:

Hope other than your flushing issues (which is a problem) you are enjoying and making the best of your trip.

Thanks
Nan

Also on this cruise, our room 6110 is in great shape thankfully. I think the ship looks fab! I have not noticed any leaks or issues. Food is great, service is great. After reading early reports, u was worried about cruising on a rusty, dingy ship. Could not be further from the truth. Lifeguards are on point, and very welcome. Aquadunk is terrifying but fun.
I had a friend with room problem and they moved them, she's pleased with how they handled it.

Carnival did a refurb on a ship called Carnival Sunshine earlier this year there were major problems reported on a number of cruises. Sadly this now seems to be the industry norm, regardless of how prestigious the cruise line is.

Carnival Sunshine was Carnival Destiny before the refurb. Destiny was plagued with propulsion issues and other problems for years(actually, for a fair amount of her time in service).

Is this normal for a ship to make an unscheduled stop that is not for an emergency?

I don't think so. I couldn't quite hear what the captain said. It sounded like "we have to pick up critical specs(?)". Couldn't understand the last word. Looking at the TV, we were definitely past Miami, and made a u-turn just before noon.

He said we will be here 1 hour.

Wishing you all a wonderful and uneventful cruise after you leave Miami

Yes, complain to Guest Services manager until you get the resolution you want. DVL knew of these toilet problems for years! Check out my problem in a 2/21/13 post under a Bedbug thread ir pm me.

Yes, complain to Guest Services manager until you get the resolution you want. DVL knew of these toilet problems for years! Check out my problem in a 2/21/13 post under a Bedbug thread ir pm me.

What would you suggest I ask for?

What would you suggest I ask for?

At a minimum, have them move to a different room. Typically they might also give you spa services and/or OBC. Very hard to get actual money back though.

If I would get up in the middle of the night and I couldn't use the toilet, they'll have a very angry passenger at 3am in guest services.

One more thing before we leave port: Palo has been having A/C probs. It was warm when we ate there last night, and others from the Dis group also reporting. Many contractors on board. There is some odor from the new materials, like a varnish smell. A bit strong in our room, and some locations. Ship is beautiful and staff wonderful, but clearly still some lingering issues in some areas of the ship. We are having a great time despite the potty problems.

I wonder if anyone saw what type of packages the supplies were in???

cartons?...cases??.......compressed gas tanks?....etc?.......

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter